Souptimes art gallery

Souptime

1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

0uBykNi.jpg
After seeing the CL-1201 concept, I thought 'why not make a conventionally shaped giant plane?

0IfibAE.jpg
Shootdown of a H.XVII by a pair of P-80 Shooting Stars

Gu973z0.jpg
should be obvious

60uBTDx.jpg
What if Bell Textron made an ornithopter?

Holy crap, these are awesome!

Edited by Ben J. Kerman
Also uusi sivu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I am planning to design a South African space launch vehicle utilizing the country’s arsenal of 6 nuclear bombs + RSA-3 rockets. Would any of you be interested in providing some illustrations once I get the general parameters worked out?

8 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Hello!

I am planning to design a South African space launch vehicle utilizing the country’s arsenal of 6 nuclear bombs + RSA-3 rockets. Would any of you be interested in providing some illustrations once I get the general parameters worked out?

What are the nuclear bombs for? and @SunlitZelkova i'm interested

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

On 5/4/2023 at 3:48 PM, OrdinaryKerman said:

You arrive at what looks like an empty observation deck. There is a sign that says 'You are now 16 kilometers above sea level'. The building's internal structure has been apparently non-Euclidean and seemingly doesn't follow any reasonable pattern, so being able to see the outside world in a perfectly normal floor is a relief.

Every surface looks pristine, never touched by human hands or damaged by age and weather, which is exactly the case. This room is brand new in a sense, having been reconstructed by robots after an unfortunate ER-2 crashed here back in 2019. Since then nobody has visited the room. You are still unable to access any lifts so you sit here for a while.

There are 2 smooth white benches facing the large segmented window, looking like frosted glass and covered in wrapping plastic ever since they were brought here. You take the plastic off the center bench and sit, taking in the view outside. You open some snacks you got back on floor 3331, and eat. You decide to take a nap on this floor, at least the view can distract you from crippling isolation.
oyRr2G6.png

From the Really, Really Tall Building thread

Around a year ago, I took the time to fully recreate the Sante Fe Super Chief 6th Consist in Lego Studio. The number of parts it uses and the rare colors those parts are in mean I probably won't be able to actually build it, but I do have a render of the locomotives: (Ignore the height offsets)

J6r0C2v.png

1 hour ago, Kerb24 said:

Around a year ago, I took the time to fully recreate the Sante Fe Super Chief 6th Consist in Lego Studio. The number of parts it uses and the rare colors those parts are in mean I probably won't be able to actually build it, but I do have a render of the locomotives: (Ignore the height offsets)

J6r0C2v.png

1. Nice build!

2. 4 locos for a passenger train? I need to read more, that seems crazy to me

Recently I've started working on a comic book called Project: Minerva, which is a James Bond-esque story taking place during a time when humanity is trying to colonize Mars. The project itself is a multi-national effort between the United States, China, Russia, the European Union, and Japan, the big guys of space exploration (I would've added India but their flag is hard to draw). The bad guys, funded by big tech companies of the age, are trying to sabotage the program and turn it into a huge cash-grab, as well as use Mars as a supercomputer to data mine every human alive. So far, I've only gotten the first few pages done.

7bOugQA.jpg?1

PqtRrTm.jpg

heHvC4f.jpg

I apologize my handwriting look like Egyptian hieroglyphs.

• 3 months later...

I've been working on this at school recently. I will admit it, North America was traced. It's not my fault it's such a goofy-looking continent.

ELDV78w.jpg

I apologize my handwriting is absolute garbage. I did some research into it and put down roughly where indigenous nations were. I didn't draw borders because the borders of the nation are kinda hazy. Many historians and Native Americans can't agree on where the borders for them actually were, and many records they left behind explaining that were destroyed by Europeans and Americans.

I drew these on a whiteboard in my town's library (DC-9 I drew a few days ago, the other 2 are from last school year)

20230922153408.jpgI kind of messed up the DC-9's engines, but besides that I think it came out alright. Wings might be a little small though.20230320152856.jpg20230602161929.jpg

Ignore the incorrect Bangladeshi flag on the DC-10, I was focused on drawing the plane correctly. It's more embarrassing considering I'm a pretty big flag nerd. :P

I didn't blur out my name because everyone already knows it's Ben anyway and I don't really care about people knowing my last initial

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

• 2 weeks later...

I worked on this in class today. It’s depiction of the Soviet LK-1 lander on the Moon, the piece appropriately named “Red Moon”. Originally I was just trying to draw the lander from reference for a Soviet art series I wanted to draw, but one thing led to another. Next thing you know I have drawn a whole background.

GLV6SFr.jpg

I apologize that the image is in such low quality.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

18 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

I worked on this in class today. It’s depiction of the Soviet LK-1 lander on the Moon, the piece appropriately named “Red Moon”. Originally I was just trying to draw the lander from reference for a Soviet art series I wanted to draw, but one thing led to another. Next thing you know I have drawn a whole background.

GLV6SFr.jpg

That shadow is lovely!

Something i drew at school yesterday (I was doing cleanup duty, so i was last to leave)
P3orTzm.png
the left leg is a really basic digibash (just a copy of the right one) because I never finished it, I'll probably revisit this and add more detail Later™

On 10/17/2023 at 10:21 AM, Kerbalsaurus said:

GLV6SFr.jpg

That looks wonderful. The shadows, the crescent Earth, the faraway Earth, the astronaut gazing into the distance in front of flag and lander, nice!

• 2 weeks later...

Since school pretty much begun, I’ve been working on a series focused on the history of American space flight. I never intended it, I just kinda sketched away during free time in class. Here’s the series (so far):

Spoiler

VI7GFvw.jpg

73rp4Dx.jpg

To be honest, this one’s my least favorite in the series. The proportions are way off, and the Gemini just kind of looks… sad.

MQeclh8.jpg

This one, ironically, is my very favorite. This is a collaborative piece. I worked on the astronaut and outline of the Earth, and my friend Kylie worked on the shading of the Earth and the visor. This might be the best thing I’ve ever drawn.

KlnD3H9.jpg

NbhynDN.jpg?1

And ending it all, a drawing celebrating all of American space flight, as well as a message of hope for the future. I will admit, this one is aggressively American. I’ll take it down if people are too unhappy about it.

What do you all think?

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

1 hour ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Since school pretty much begun, I’ve been working on a series focused on the history of American space flight. I never intended it, I just kinda sketched away during free time in class. Here’s the series (so far):

Hide contents

VI7GFvw.jpg

73rp4Dx.jpg

To be honest, this one’s my least favorite in the series. The proportions are way off, and the Gemini just kind of looks… sad.

MQeclh8.jpg

This one, ironically, is my very favorite. This is a collaborative piece. I worked on the astronaut and outline of the Earth, and my friend Kylie worked on the shading of the Earth and the visor. This might be the best thing I’ve ever drawn.

KlnD3H9.jpg

NbhynDN.jpg?1

And ending it all, a drawing celebrating all of American space flight, as well as a message of hope for the future. I will admit, this one is aggressively American. I’ll take it down if people are too unhappy about it.

What do you all think?

Great job! The last one is quite nationalist, but still neat. When I draw, I never shade in the void of space, mostly because it's a lot of work, but also because of the pencil smearing on my hands, on the drawing, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.