[1.11] KSC Extended [3.0.2]

JadeOfMaar

7 hours ago, Hastonian said:

Hi, has anyone in the past gotten Kerbinside's assets without the rest of the mod? I am interested in the extra runway assets KS provides but not the rest of the mod.

My plan was to just download the cache of KS from CKAN and then manually file explorer any assets from the cache to the live GameData, something I have done before with other mods when I wanted only specific features. Just interested in if other people have tried/done this in the past, or if people in the future would like me to post steps on how to do it if they would also want what I'm trying to do.

A list of KK assets from KS that KSCE uses would be appreciated @JadeOfMaar :)

I’m guessing you are trying to save RAM?

what do yo mean by “The rest of the mod”? If you don’t want the example bases you can delete the Bases folder of instance config files. but that won’t save you any RAM.

You will probably break model and texture paths by moving them out of the mod’s folder. You probably want to remove the Jerbinside continued bases also. 

10 hours ago, Hastonian said:

Hi, has anyone in the past gotten Kerbinside's assets without the rest of the mod? I am interested in the extra runway assets KS provides but not the rest of the mod.

My plan was to just download the cache of KS from CKAN and then manually file explorer any assets from the cache to the live GameData, something I have done before with other mods when I wanted only specific features. Just interested in if other people have tried/done this in the past, or if people in the future would like me to post steps on how to do it if they would also want what I'm trying to do.

A list of KK assets from KS that KSCE uses would be appreciated @JadeOfMaar :)

KSC Extended doesn't depend on KerbinSide so this list you ask for cannot exist. Mod links and relationships are clear in the opening post.

KSC Extended is designed to fit well with the additions from KerbinSide.

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

Jerbinside

Jerbinside :sticktongue: ok. If you say so.

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

KSC Extended doesn't depend on KerbinSide so this list you ask for cannot exist. Mod links and relationships are clear in the opening post.

KSC Extended is designed to fit well with the additions from KerbinSide.

Oh okay, I think I'm mistaken, does Kerbinside simply add stuff to the KSC by itself (without KSCE interaction at all?) I assumed there was a deeper connection because Kerbinside is listed as a recommendation, my bad.

16 hours ago, Nightside said:

I’m guessing you are trying to save RAM?

what do yo mean by “The rest of the mod”? If you don’t want the example bases you can delete the Bases folder of instance config files. but that won’t save you any RAM.

You will probably break model and texture paths by moving them out of the mod’s folder. You probably want to remove the Jerbinside continued bases also. 

No, I'm not trying to save RAM, I'm just not interested in Kerbinside and am only interested in the stuff it adds to the KSC.

1 hour ago, Hastonian said:

does Kerbinside simply add stuff to the KSC by itself (without KSCE interaction at all?)

Yes.

1 hour ago, Hastonian said:

No, I'm not trying to save RAM, I'm just not interested in Kerbinside and am only interested in the stuff it adds to the KSC.

If you don't want the other KSR bases, delete everything in KerbinSideRemastered/Statics/ExampleBases except the KSCUpgrades folder and the KK_GroupCenter_Kerbin_KSCUpgrades.cfg file

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2023 at 3:21 AM, Isuckatrocketscience said:

Ok i need help, it is not loading for me

Basically for some reason, the KSC extended is not loading, like, it is just the normal KSC. There are no other bases, just the normal KSC. This happened after I installed some mods, but idk which. Can you help me or offer a quick way to find what mod is causing the problem?

Do you have all dependencies? Other than that, you didn't give much info.

16 hours ago, JamezGamer said:

Where can I find this? Please give a link to it

Quoting seven-month-old posts is probably not going to get the person quoted to reply (even if you do it twice), but in the interest of not leaving anyone hanging, here: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/blob/master/build/KSP18/GameData/Kopernicus/Config/ColorFix.cfg

Right-clicking the link and choosing "Save link as" should let you download it directly.

No problem, we all had to start somewhere.

The URL gives you a good idea of where to put that file - open your KSP install folder and go to the following folder within it: 

[Your KSP install] > GameData > Kopernicus > Config

Paste the file I linked to in there, and it should work the next time you start the game.

2 hours ago, woodb3kmaster said:

No problem, we all had to start somewhere.

The URL gives you a good idea of where to put that file - open your KSP install folder and go to the following folder within it: 

[Your KSP install] > GameData > Kopernicus > Config

Paste the file I linked to in there, and it should work the next time you start the game.

Wait do i have to download kopernicus or add it to ksc extended folder?

On 7/28/2023 at 9:43 PM, JamezGamer said:

Wait do i have to download kopernicus or add it to ksc extended folder?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm still quite new to the whole modding scene myself. The safest option is probably to install Kopernicus and put the color fix in its folder, but that seems like overkill unless you're planning on installing a planet pack, or anything else that requires Kopernicus. There may be an edit you can make to the patch that would make it not need Kopernicus, but I don't know enough about writing MM patches to suggest how to make such an edit.  Rather than risk giving you bad advice, I'm going to defer to @JadeOfMaar (KSC Extended's adoptive manager) as to the proper course of action here.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bjbeardse said:

Is there a trick to this? It installed fine and works (throwing tons of B9 Switch errors on 1.12.5.3190) but I cant use any other pads. 

Not sure where you are in the process but maybe you just need to open the launchpads? Click the KK button in the VAB, you'll see all the pads that are available, and perhaps some are not open.