[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

@Aelfhe1m Oh, okay, then my bad. I was checking the Assets folder earlier and i did find the texture of the Runway icon, but it still wasn't showing up and I try to reinstall it many times. I checked the logs and i did find many warnings loading the Kerbal Konstructs textures, however the texture for the Runway icon got loaded without a warning or an error, so i'm quite confused about where the problem is.
Well thanks for the heads up, I'll try reinstalling it and see what happens.

Also if i may ask, what version of the game are you using?

4 hours ago, omegalex said:

This mod doesn't work.

Yes it does.

5 hours ago, omegalex said:

I can't even launch from different launch sites placed on other planets. Every time I do so I get kicked out the VAB.

It's not designed to allow launch from other planets (you need Extraplanetary Launchpads for that).

And why isn't the "Launch from any site" setting toggled on automatically?

Because not everyone wants it? (I don't)

5 hours ago, omegalex said:

There's no visible way of "Allocating vessels" or whatever that feature is at the KSC startup menu where you select which building you want to enter.

Because core KSP isn't designed to allow those features to be extended (or at least not without a lot of kludgy hacking) so mod writers had to come up with various work-arounds.

The drop down on the launch button inside the SPH and VAB are extensible and are utilized by this mod.

Worst of all, there is no readme file.

That one I can sort of agree with, since the wiki is more functional documentation than user guide, but KK was designed more as a tool for other mods to use to implement planet side infrastructure than with end users in mind.

17 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Yes it does.

It's not designed to allow launch from other planets (you need Extraplanetary Launchpads for that).

Because not everyone wants it? (I don't)

Because core KSP isn't designed to allow those features to be extended (or at least not without a lot of kludgy hacking) so mod writers had to come up with various work-arounds.

The drop down on the launch button inside the SPH and VAB are extensible and are utilized by this mod.

That one I can sort of agree with, since the wiki is more functional documentation than user guide, but KK was designed more as a tool for other mods to use to implement planet side infrastructure than with end users in mind.

My original comment got deleted, no idea why but anyway:

What I meant was the KK Base manager thing where you can launch vessels from, I thought that was a possible workaround for launching from other planets, but it's completely empty, there are no "stored vessels". I don't care about that anymore

I somehow fixed the issue? I can now launch from Laythe (tried uploading a steam screenshot URL but it doesn't work)

That setting file that I mentioned, I can no longer find it I guess.. But what's the point of having other launchpads/runways (even on kerbin) if you can't use them.

I figured out how to add custom statics, but I'm afraid that I misplaced some texture files (unless they are added from the editor).

3 minutes ago, omegalex said:

My original comment got deleted, no idea why

It looks like the post was returned to the new members queue for approval when you edited it and sometimes the forum software is slow to notify the team. We apologize for any inconvenience.

[KSP 1.8+] .... how about KSP 2?
6s5vy96bcyab1.png?width=1920&format=png&

z6kunhpecyab1.png?width=1920&format=png&
b1qbmaulcyab1.png?width=1920&format=png&
CDN media
CDN media
I change position of taxiways and harbor; deliberately made launch pads different too.
runways is shorter than K2 for sure, I think they are only 2800m here.
and there dont have parking lots and giant radio dish, and Im zero skill of make MUs
maybe future.

Edited by FormosaT_9

• 3 weeks later...

Im in the process of making some buildings and i have a few questions:

will we ever get UI scaling for the menus?
Is there a discord for this yet?
and DefaultLaunchPadtransform, how is that position configured, is it something to do with the model or something else?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing with RO-RP1 (all latest versions), latest version of KSP, and a stack of other mods. I removed the old version 1.8.1.15 of KK and CustomPreLaunchChecks I had mistakingly installed. After removing them and restarting my game, my funds per day has gone from a fairly high positive value (+319 per day) to a negative value (-1085 per day), basically breaking my game if I remove it.

Re-installing (the old) KK and CustomPreLaunchChecks restores my game to normal use.

Installing the newest version of KK 1.8.6 doesn't solve it, I still have negative funds per day, I have to re-install the old version to continue with +funds/day

If I start a new game without KK, and load my current save file into there, it still shows negative fund values, so something in my save file caused by the old KK must be breaking it. I haven't even used KK yet to build anything but I'm stuck with it!

Does anyone know what's going on, or how I remove it without losing my game save, please?

Log file after loading my save into a newly created career https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ob0wylrpiauiz1j4plwv9/Player.zip?rlkey=5we1loajq5rxkmsex3xjqo2ga&dl=0

Edited by Mark L

On 11/11/2021 at 6:00 AM, adriangm44 said:

On a Hangar facility type says: "Cannot roll craft out clear the way first".

Debugging the same thing today -- has been a traditional thing that a Vessel goes in but will then never come out.  In my case today, it was simply a matter of being somewhere well back from the 'static'.  Like, not just "not on it", but like how you'd stand back from a blazing hangar next to a fuel dump: way back!

Edited by Hotel26

42 minutes ago, Terminal Velocity said:

yea the ingame editior doesnt work and packs that spawn statics dont spawn them, so like kk is very broken (tried ctrl+k and alt+K) Im using RSS if it helps, but KK worked in RSS before

Works for me, should work for you. I'm not using RSS but I don't see why that would matter. Without seeing your ksp.log there's not much more to say - but seems like it's gotta be an installation issue.

Spoiler

tGSu62d.jpg

1 hour ago, Terminal Velocity said:

yea the ingame editior doesnt work and packs that spawn statics dont spawn them, so like kk is very broken (tried ctrl+k and alt+K) Im using RSS if it helps, but KK worked in RSS before

Do you have either a kerbal on Eva or a landed craft when you press ctrl k?

7 hours ago, Terminal Velocity said:

(Edit) KK is not even appearing in game btw, like it looks correct, but nothing acutally loads in game, i also dont know how to post a log file here

You sound like you have somehow ended up with the original KK, rather than the "Continued" version that this thread is about. The continued version was created because something fundamentally changed in 1.11.1 that stopped the original from working, just in the way you have described. I suggest that you go to the first post in this thread and follow the links there to install manually, the "Continued" version and needed dependencies. Make sure you remove the versions you currently have in your GameData folder first. It is simple to do manually, you just make sure the correct, unzipped folders are copied into the GameData folder and that you have a recent Module Manager installed in the GameData as well.

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastStableBuild/

15 hours ago, ColdJ said:

You sound like you have somehow ended up with the original KK, rather than the "Continued" version that this thread is about. The continued version was created because something fundamentally changed in 1.11.1 that stopped the original from working, just in the way you have described. I suggest that you go to the first post in this thread and follow the links there to install manually, the "Continued" version and needed dependencies. Make sure you remove the versions you currently have in your GameData folder first. It is simple to do manually, you just make sure the correct, unzipped folders are copied into the GameData folder and that you have a recent Module Manager installed in the GameData as well.

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastStableBuild/

i know the whole deal, kinda strange how i got the orginal when it says in log loading 1.8.6, but i will try this, ill dm the log file if you want if this doesnt work.

(EDIT: Well holy Sh**, it worked, thank you so much!)

Edited by Terminal Velocity

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...