[1.12.5] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.2.0 (June, 23rd, 2024)

Kari

Hey random question. Are the engines supposed to be methane or liquid fuel-based? I noticed when in the VAB the engines were using liquid fuel. Could have sworn they ran on methane before. But that might just be me. And yes, I do have CRP installed (because dozens of other mods need it, not that I'm complaining).
In any case, the mod works great. I actually have some screens as well.
dfujncy-7be8bc1d-7e70-4f6b-98e7-0f56a72f
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/bf47a012-e734-4d16-afd7-0bf0c04b2b88/dfujncs-5dc72149-0a2d-4009-b30c-8a7bcb5cf8b4.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmNDdhMDEyLWU3MzQtNGQxNi1hZmQ3LTBiZjBjMDRiMmI4OFwvZGZ1am5jcy01ZGM3MjE0OS0wYTJkLTQwMDktYjMwYy04YTdiY2I1Y2Y4YjQucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.snTN_A4a5999hlOEHDF8Xow9RLiuYvp9nfiUdTznUmM
The station it's docked to is Summit I (core module only for now), loosely inspired by Axiom's space station. BTW I love how shiny it is.

5 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Hey random question. Are the engines supposed to be methane or liquid fuel-based? I noticed when in the VAB the engines were using liquid fuel. Could have sworn they ran on methane before. But that might just be me. And yes, I do have CRP installed (because dozens of other mods need it, not that I'm complaining).
In any case, the mod works great. I actually have some screens as well.
dfujncy-7be8bc1d-7e70-4f6b-98e7-0f56a72f
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/bf47a012-e734-4d16-afd7-0bf0c04b2b88/dfujncs-5dc72149-0a2d-4009-b30c-8a7bcb5cf8b4.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2JmNDdhMDEyLWU3MzQtNGQxNi1hZmQ3LTBiZjBjMDRiMmI4OFwvZGZ1am5jcy01ZGM3MjE0OS0wYTJkLTQwMDktYjMwYy04YTdiY2I1Y2Y4YjQucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.snTN_A4a5999hlOEHDF8Xow9RLiuYvp9nfiUdTznUmM
The station it's docked to is Summit I (core module only for now), loosely inspired by Axiom's space station. BTW I love how shiny it is.

Those are some lovely screenshots! Really good

The engines and tanks have a part switch to switch them between lfo and ch4o, if you don’t see that option you might have an interfering mod. In which case your ksp.log file would be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, SofieBrink said:

Those are some lovely screenshots! Really good

The engines and tanks have a part switch to switch them between lfo and ch4o, if you don’t see that option you might have an interfering mod. In which case your ksp.log file would be greatly appreciated.

You were right. I forgot somehow. I use BDB a lot as well, I'm used to engine parts switches being done for surface vs vacuum variants or stuff along that line.

Sadly this now reminds me that I wanted to make Saturn/Starship hybrids. Stay tuned for nightmare fuel.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:22 AM, Blufor878 said:

You were right. I forgot somehow. I use BDB a lot as well, I'm used to engine parts switches being done for surface vs vacuum variants or stuff along that line.

Sadly this now reminds me that I wanted to make Saturn/Starship hybrids. Stay tuned for nightmare fuel.

Told you
dfuoxt8-589110f4-18e8-496d-a538-593d2933
dfuoxu2-00868519-a5d1-46d8-9d03-a1678ca5
dfuoxut-dcc6f28d-ff78-463c-94fc-6a6317be

I like this mod, but when using RSS and RO (with the correct config files installed for SEP) the fuel tanks don't seem to hold as much fuel as they should. Both the superheavy and the upper stage only hold about 3000m/s of delta V, and they have TWRs that are wayy too high (first stage is 10.29, second is 5.26) which is a hint to me that they arent holding enough fuel. Since i'm using realism overhaul, i'm also using RealFuels, but it seems to work fine with other crafts. Also, the superheavy stage appears to have a dry mass of about 15 grams (0.00009 tons) and i have a sneaking suspicion that is incorrect. Other than SEP, RSS, RO, and all the required dependencies, I'm only using a few other mods which probably aren't conflicting (Restock, Kerbal engineer Redux, and mechjeb 2).

I like this mod, but when using RSS and RO (with the correct config files installed for SEP) the fuel tanks don't seem to hold as much fuel as they should. Both the superheavy and the upper stage only hold about 3000m/s of delta V, and they have TWRs that are wayy too high (first stage is 10.29, second is 5.26) which is a hint to me that they arent holding enough fuel. Since i'm using realism overhaul, i'm also using RealFuels, but it seems to work fine with other crafts. Also, the superheavy stage appears to have a dry mass of about 15 grams (0.00009 tons) and i have a sneaking suspicion that is incorrect. Other than SEP, RSS, RO, and all the required dependencies, I'm only using a few other mods which probably aren't conflicting (Restock, Kerbal engineer Redux, and mechjeb 2).

And, whenever I do launch the starship, the second stage engines seem to fail with the error message of there being vapor in the fuel lines. I've tried hotstaging which doesn't seem to fix the problem. Might be unrelated, but worth mentioning.

Additionally the RCS thrusters do not work at all. I should also say that, when playing with no RSS or RO and using the default SEP config, everything works fine.

Edited by Topbutton6
acidentally copy/pasted a couple paragraphs twice

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Is there any chance that you'll include the engine cluster as a plate in which to place independent Raptors? It would be nice to simulate some of the flame-outs

Right click the cluster in the vab and click “Select Engines” ;p

On 4/24/2023 at 2:05 PM, filotimo said:

I installed this mod, and I put the Extras profile in my Game Data, but the vehicle didn't have the right mass of LOX and CH4, and the delta-v was wrong.  Is there a way to solve this problem? (RSS/RO)

Please provide us with your ksp.log

Is this the ksp.log you said?

[StageInfo]:End of Stage 2 Mass. Start Mass: 974.0704 Fuel Mass Lost =196.3314 Final Mass 777.739
StageInfol: Interim DeltaV Calc. Stage:2 ThrustVector:(-46841.3.-6777.7.-57419.9)Simulation Time:28.322 Start Mass:777.739 End Mass:777.739 ISP:350 Thrust:74415.01ASLdV:0 VACdV:0 Actual dV:0
[StageInfo]:DeltaV Simulation All engines to stage next are deprived.Stage 2 LastTimestep=0
[StageInfo]: End of Stage 2 Mass. Start Mass:974.0704 Fuel Mass Lost =196.3314 Final Mass 777.739
StageInfoj: Final DeltaV Calc. Stage:2 Start Mass:974.0704 End Mass:777.739 ASL ISP:325 VAC ISP:350 Actual

Edited by filotimo

37 minutes ago, filotimo said:

Is this the ksp.log?

The file named ksp.log is located in your main KSP folder, along with ksp_x64.exe. You won't be able to copy/paste the whole thing into a forum message, so you need to use a file sharing service like google drive to upload the file, and the provide a link to it here. It's important to provide the entire file, and not just snippets.

On 3/22/2023 at 7:01 AM, slyfox023 said:

the booster's engines are giving no lift and the stack falls through the engine, but the game still thinks it's connected to it

I have the exact same Problem. I suspect for me it's because i run it on 1.9 (i have a very old PC, it can't handle 1.12). When i go into the Part file and edit the thrust so that it could take of the Cluster just flys away or explodes due to overheating. I haven't found anyone else with a smilar Problem

In the long term, yes it's on the table IF I can manage to get the interface to work with RSS first. I have low-key picked up work on that again after a break of a few weeks.

At the moment I'm having some problems to steer both the ship and booster accurately when focus is on one of them, and the other is around a 1000km (or more) away. KSP being KSP..

On the upside, I am managing to bring around 140 tons in a 250km orbit (without any engine failures, lol)

13 hours ago, Janus92 said:

In the long term, yes it's on the table IF I can manage to get the interface to work with RSS first. I have low-key picked up work on that again after a break of a few weeks.

At the moment I'm having some problems to steer both the ship and booster accurately when focus is on one of them, and the other is around a 1000km (or more) away. KSP being KSP..

On the upside, I am managing to bring around 140 tons in a 250km orbit (without any engine failures, lol)

Thanks for you reply I love it so much

Can somebody tell me why Super Heavy and Starship freaking out when i'm using mech jeb ? Engines start spinning in circles faster and faster... Somebody had this problem ?

Edited by Kakub

I was wondering, are the flaps intentionally supposed to have a LOT of space between the rounded interior edge and the rounded interior fairing attached to the body? Especially as there's no aft attachment point modelled right now, the flaps look really odd, as they seem to only attach at the very top and just hang there. The size of the curved flap attachment fairing just seems way over-sized compared to the size of the flap - or, rather, the flaps seem under-sized compared to the size of the fairing there. They are the correct length, so I don't think it's something as simple as a scaling issue resulting from some mishap in patching it to scale up for RO-RP1; but, especially when you look at the circular bit at the top of the flap attachment fairing, it just seems somewhat off. Based on the presence of that circular, unpainted/tiled bit, I would assume that the circular top of the flap where it'd mate with the vehicle would fit in to that space and fill it perfectly, but that doesn't seem to be the case here:

image.png

image.png

I also noticed that the aft flaps appear to be pitched up about 10-15 degrees in their neutral attach position, which seems to be a result of the rotation of the attach node on the body of the ship.

image.png

I'm just wondering if this is intentional, a temporary goof that will be patched in a future update, or what.  It might also be worth noting that I'm running this in Kerbal scale, not with RO-RP1.

And, a final issue I've found: at least in v2.0.2 release... the Starship doesn't contain fuel tanks. They'll have the B9 part switch options for selecting fuel mix for RCS and for the fuel tanks... but looking through the configs there, I don't see any lines for actual fuel quantities, and there's no fuel that shows up in the part manger window. So, I can only use it right now if I activate the infinite fuel cheat. And to clarify, I do have the most recent version of B9 Part Switch installed, but it seems that the patch for B9 Tank Types with the resource units per volume isn't working to give the tanks any fuel.

image.png

Edited by Raptor22

Is the roadmap link working for anybody else? It doesn't show any of the roadmap when I use the link.:/

EDIT: I checked the archived list, and everything was in there.

Edited by Ultim32
Checked the archive list

12 hours ago, Ultim32 said:

Is the roadmap link working for anybody else? It doesn't show any of the roadmap when I use the link.:/

EDIT: I checked the archived list, and everything was in there.

Haha, you caught the roadmap just as Kari was redoing the whole thing, check again and you’ll see its new and improved

15 hours ago, The guy from duna said:

After an re-installation on CKAN the raptor engines on the super heavy appear completely white, the standalone raptors are textured correctly but  booster's engines look untextured4FLdQTq.jpg6JdihZG.jpg

I've tried reinstalling it from CKAN and manually installing it but nothing seems to fix it. 

Download it from github,