[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 11:35 PM, KeaKaka said:

Welcome to the Forums!

Could you explain your problem in more detail?

Sorry for the delay, the upper part of the SRB constantly keeps falling down and i dont see a decoupler or something to keep it upright. The lower parts of the SRB are just fine.

3 hours ago, Rocket fan said:

Sorry for the delay, the upper part of the SRB constantly keeps falling down and i dont see a decoupler or something to keep it upright. The lower parts of the SRB are just fine.

you tried autostrutting it that usually fixeds it for me 

like the booster itself starts wobbling around 

Everything about this mod is absolutely fantastic, except for Orion only being bound to 4 seats.
I wish there was a 6-seat variant so we can do Low Earth Orbit stuff like in Constellation. :(

Is there something I can do, or am I stuck with only 4 seats for now?

Edited by Toaster355

4 hours ago, gattispilot said:

This looks great.  How do launch her (SLS) and SRB at the same time?

Put the RS-25 of the first stage  and the SRB in the same stage.

Can the cockpit be made workable?  

Yes, if anyone make a IVA for RPM/MAS...

13 hours ago, gattispilot said:

Thanks.  So yes I was able to get the 2 SRB and 4 main thrusters to fire.  How to get the SRB to drop off once out of fuel?

Staging. First you need to make sure that the staging is set up correctly. Then you can trigger the next stage with the space bar.
This has nothing to do with the mod here, but are basics of the game.

I recommend some tutorials here.
https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorials
https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:Basic_Rocket_Design

Edited by Cheesecake

Thanks.  So by pressing the spacebar.  I got the SRB and main thrusters to fire.  And then when the SRB are out of fuel.  press the space bar and then mains will continue to fire?

I wonder if there is a guidance mod.  That keeps the rocket straight?

1 hour ago, gattispilot said:

Thanks.  So by pressing the spacebar.  I got the SRB and main thrusters to fire.  And then when the SRB are out of fuel.  press the space bar and then mains will continue to fire?

I wonder if there is a guidance mod.  That keeps the rocket straight?

Yes, the main engines continue to run until fuel is empty. You cannot shutdown engines with staging.

A tip from me: learn ksp without mods, the basics like rocket building and staging. Once you understand ksp, you can move on to mods.
And yes, there is an autopilot mod. Mechjeb. But still, I would understand ksp first.

Considering this mod is made by the same author as the shuttle. Why are the RS25s a different scale? They seem to large for the shuttle. I'm using the rs25s from restock for the shuttle and the rs25s from this mod for the sls but I'm just curious I suppose. It works fine and all just wondering. 

17 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

Considering this mod is made by the same author as the shuttle. Why are the RS25s a different scale? They seem to large for the shuttle. I'm using the rs25s from restock for the shuttle and the rs25s from this mod for the sls but I'm just curious I suppose. It works fine and all just wondering. 

The RS-25s from RMM (which are included in this mod) used to be slightly overscaled, and conversely the stock/restock RS-25s are underscaled. EStreet updated the scale relatively recently but that change hasn't yet been propagated to the engines included in ACK (if I remember correctly). If you install the latest version of RMM separately it will supersede the engines included in this mod. 

8 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

The RS-25s from RMM (which are included in this mod) used to be slightly overscaled, and conversely the stock/restock RS-25s are underscaled. EStreet updated the scale relatively recently but that change hasn't yet been propagated to the engines included in ACK (if I remember correctly). If you install the latest version of RMM separately it will supersede the engines included in this mod. 

Oh nice. I didnt even know about RMM and had to google it.  Cheer! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Has anyone previosly suggested making 6 segment variant for BO-L5 Advanced Solid Rocket Motor...it would be quite useful for those LONG SDLV launchers...

And since all textures and other things are done it would not be that difficult to implement.

Thanks for any answers in advance;)

Edited by Tellurium128