[1.12] FreeIva

JonnyOThan

16 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

There’s two reasons for this: there’s not internal space for that hatch and it’s not historically accurate (for Vostok/vokshod pods).  Is the kv-3 supposed to be a Soyuz?  Maybe I should take another look at that…

You can place the inflatable airlock on the attachment node.  That’s what it’s for (and historically accurate).

That comes from FreeIva, so that you can connect an airlock or docking port etc.  as mentioned above. I’m not sure I’ve tried porting a craft file back, but I do know that attachment nodes are actually saved into the craft file/vessels in flight so I don’t expect anything bad to happen.

I believe the KV-3 Pomegranate is indeed supposed to be a Soyuz equivalent, kept in the style of the other pods for... mumble mumble... consistency, or something. There was at least one Voskhod mission with three people, but there have been over a hundred 3-person Soyuz launches, and that's what most people will be trying to recreate. I understand the historical accuracy, that's why I welcomed the side node. (Have yet to use it for that purpose but I like it.) For the KV-3, maybe the control console could slide as part of the hatch opening sequence? Or moved entirely. I think in the Soyuz, the control panel is beneath the hatch as the cosmonauts are not looking up but forward the way they sit.

Soyuz — Orbital Velocity

Yup, look at that.

Edited by Kimera Industries
51 egaP

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Bimo1D said:

Hey! Can u provide a support for this mod? It should be easy cause there's no hatches etc.
And thank you for your work!

Ummmm…. If @kurgutwants to include support I am pretty sure he’s capable. But what would that even look like? There’s nothing keeping you inside unless you make invisible walls.  But I’m still holding out hope that we can make that work with ThroughTheEyes rather than the hacky iva solution currently in use.

9 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

But what would that even look like?

and @Bimo1D Yes I don't think there's much a point adding FreeIVA support for this indeed, since it's just... a chair in the open really. Bimo1D what did you have in mind for freeIVA and this, the ability to move around to go EVA ?

4 hours ago, kurgut said:

Bimo1D what did you have in mind for freeIVA and this, the ability to move around to go EVA ?

Sorry guys, I wrote that cause I was getting a game crash when going EVA from ECS and I assumed that there is incompatibility between freeiva and your mod. But problem was in another mod and I resolved it:blush:

1 hour ago, Rutabaga22 said:

You have an old version of Harmony installed which is making a few things fail.  Your BDArmory seems to be one version out of date but I'm not sure if that's causing any problems.  I see some B9PartSwitch errors related to BDArmoryExtensions and some wildblue mods...is there something specific that makes you think this is related to FreeIva?

16 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

ou have an old version of Harmony installed which is making a few things fail.  Your BDArmory seems to be one version out of date but I'm not sure if that's causing any problems.  I see some B9PartSwitch errors related to BDArmoryExtensions and some wildblue mods...is there something specific that makes you think this is related to FreeIva?

The reason I believe it is a FreeIVA error is because B9 was saying the errors were related to FreeIVA making parts passable, but I think with the outdated BDarmory it was probably causing it. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

The reason I believe it is a FreeIVA error is because B9 was saying the errors were related to FreeIVA making parts passable, but I think with the outdated BDarmory it was probably causing it. Thanks.

A screenshot of the errors would be helpful if it happens again.  I just got a report of a similar issue and it turns out a recent change to mk2x has a bug.  That might have been what you saw: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/issues/383

3 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

That's my exact error.

You could either remove mk2x, roll back to the previous version, or fix those patches yourself until it’s been fixed officially.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, and thank you for sharing this amazing mod. May I ask about two specific parts? I've included a picture of them below.

First question is about the MOS Control Block, from BDB. Can this be made passable? If I'm not mistaken, I believe their intention with parts like this that have the little window in them is for that to be a crew tunnel.

The second question is about the Planetside configurable node PT-M075NB,  which is the one that has the docking port on the "top" and another on the bottom, obscured by the PAW, sorry.  This could be configured to also have nodes facing the camera and facing the launch pad as well, and indeed the IVA shows all 4 hatches internally, which seems fine to me. However, the two "phantom" hatches on the inside allow EVA access, and if you EVA out of one of those non-existent side hatches, your Kerbal is stuck to the outside of the module (I assume since there is no crew hatch there) and the Kerbal is in limbo - and you cannot control them, or put them back inside, or let go, or anything - they're just stuck on the outside. 

So my question is: is it possible to block EVA access in some way that's sensitive to the selected variant? This seems quite bespoke for this part, but I thought I'd ask if you had any thoughts.

Thanks again!

Spoiler

khi5vxX.png

52 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

MOS Control Block, from BDB. Can this be made passable?

I'd suggest filing an issue on the BDB github for this - FreeIva support for BDB is now included in BDB itself.

53 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

indeed the IVA shows all 4 hatches internally

I'd need to investigate for this specific part, but if you have Reviva then the IVA should be able to adjust correctly with the variant selection.  If you install Reviva and still have an issue with this part, please file an issue on the freeiva github.  If the external airlocks/crew hatches still exist, then most likely it's more of a bug in planetside though.

• 3 weeks later...

Im playing on 1.11.1 and I can't open hatches, and when I turn on gravity I get thrown through the walls and get thrown straight into the center of kerbin.  Also, I dont know if it's from this mod or SSPX, but the iva for the center of the  gemini(?) centrifuge is just black and white stripes when I walk in. I can't find log files from how the log file finding topic says to, and the hidden file opening link gives me a 404. It might be from something being messed up from the SSPX IVA extras folder.

6 hours ago, KerbalTechnician said:

Im playing on 1.11.1 and I can't open hatches, and when I turn on gravity I get thrown through the walls and get thrown straight into the center of kerbin.  Also, I dont know if it's from this mod or SSPX, but the iva for the center of the  gemini(?) centrifuge is just black and white stripes when I walk in. I can't find log files from how the log file finding topic says to, and the hidden file opening link gives me a 404. It might be from something being messed up from the SSPX IVA extras folder.

I’d suggest playing on 1.12.3 or later, but without log files I really can’t help much.

5 hours ago, KerbalTechnician said:

i would, but i use telemachus which does not work right in 1.12.3 and I have lots of other mods (74 i think)

Nearly all mods that work in 1.8 or later will work in 1.12.3, but the reverse is not true.

You need to find your log file in any case.

The Tantares Soyuz IVA won't allow the hatch between the OM and the CM to open.  It says "hatch blocked" if I use either of the inline size 0 parachute options available.  Oddly, the N1-L3 version of the setup works.

Edited by hikerchick29

46 minutes ago, hikerchick29 said:

The Tantares Soyuz IVA won't allow the hatch between the OM and the CM to open.  It says "hatch blocked" if I use either of the inline size 0 parachute options available.  Oddly, the N1-L3 version of the setup works.

Can you give the specific attachment ordering and names of parts, or better yet a craft file?

I loaded the provided [Soyuz] LOK craft file, and this setup works for me.  If it doesn't work for you, please post your ksp.log file.

Edited by JonnyOThan

41 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Can you give the specific attachment ordering and names of parts, or better yet a craft file?

I loaded the provided [Soyuz] LOK craft file, and this setup works for me.  If it doesn't work for you, please post your ksp.log file.

Here's the craft file.  Soyuz LK-OK or any other variant using the Vingleboks set

https://github.com/hikerchick29/bugged-soyuz/tree/main

1 hour ago, hikerchick29 said:

Here's the craft file.  Soyuz LK-OK or any other variant using the Vingleboks set

https://github.com/hikerchick29/bugged-soyuz/tree/main

Huh.  The tantares_v2_orbital_module_s1_2 part references an internal space (tantares_v2_orbital_module_s1_2_interior) that doesn't exist.  Looks like this is a new issue introduced in tantares here: https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/commit/bc94ae338c5bfb4933624fcbe1a96a4725774da8

You can *probably* edit those files or write a patch to make them point at the correct internals (tantares_orbital_module_s1_2_interior etc)

(the ksp.log file would have made this obvious in less time btw)

Edited by JonnyOThan

On 2/19/2024 at 3:06 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Nearly all mods that work in 1.8 or later will work in 1.12.3, but the reverse is not true.

You need to find your log file in any case.

I have switched to 1.12.3 for LMP and everything works now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

FreeIVA 0.2.18.4 is now available!

Notable Changes

• Habtech CBM hatches now have a blocked variant
  • Stock mk3 crew cabin now has ventral and dorsal hatches and attachnodes
  • Open animation limit can now be configured per hatch
  • B9PSConditionalProp can now specify multiple subtypes

Bug Fixes

• Fixed some missing texture errors
  • Fixed a bug where using the seats in the inline docking ports could cause the IVA kerbal to stop spawning
  • Fixed a bug preventing requireDeploy in the internal module from working
  • Improved error reporting when a cutout target isn't found
  • Prevent going EVA from hatches connected to deactivated airlocks
  • "Close forever" button on the tutorial window will now keep it closed until the next KSP restart instead of per scene
  • Fixed auto-detection system for internal spaces that are only referenced via Reviva configs (fixes hatches in some warbirds cockpits when used with Reviva, and probably others)
  • Fixed centrifugal force calculation for spinning parts so that it points towards the axis of rotation rather than center of mass
  • Fixed broken camera when boarding from EVA before IVA had ever been used since the last scene switch
  • Fixed boarding behavior not working when using a kerbal that had not gone EVA since the last scene switch
  • Planetside: Fix hatches not changing properly per subtype in the vertical base node
  • Planetside: Fix going EVA from some parts when alternate endcaps were used
  • Restock: Fix error message when using mk1 lander
  • Restock: Fix inflatable airlock
  • Restock: Fixed hatches in mk2landercan
  • SSPX: inflatable habs and centrifuges no longer show the internal in the IVA overlay when not inflated/expanded
  • SXT: Fixed hatches and cutouts in large passenger cabin
  • SXT: Fixed a bad model reference in the 6-way hub
  • KNES: Fixed dorsal hatch on French Hermes crew module and docking module
  • Tantares: Included v2 parts in support patches
  • ACK: Fixed blocked bottom hatch in HLS
  • ACK: Fixed wrong cutout target in HLS