Beyond: Kerbalkind's History of Space Exploration

Kerbalsaurus

3 hours ago, Watermel00n said:

Congrats on TOTM @Kerbalsaurus! Also, how's the RBS testing going?

Thank you! The RBS should be ready soon, we just a few more stones to throw at it. Quite literally, we're testing how well it withstands micrometeorites.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

YEAR 3, DAY 158 - EXPEDITION 3

TOTM August 2023!

Crew: Debo, Danfal, Albert

r983kwF.png

Just a day after Expedition 1 returns, Expedition 3 is scrambled out to the launchpad. It's time for yet another crew rotation! The crew of Minty 3 are back together again, but this time on a mission that's becoming much more routine. With them they're bringing snacks, as well as new supplies for science and such. The snacks are more important. The crew board the rocket, which rumbles in anticipation for launch. The countdown starts. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, ignition sequence start, 4, 3, 2, 1...

GUHBRKt.png

Liftoff on Expedition 3!

C7HGaUk.png

So long, first stage!

AQt50ga.png

LES sep

K5kp22l.png

And... success! Expedition 3 is now sitting in LKO! Stage 2 is spent, and set hurtling into the surface, while Expedition 3 begins to prepare itself to head off to Kerman Station. One inclination change later and...

CwnTQmO.png

We're off to the races! Expedition 3 begins to make its way over to Kerman Station.

r3miizu.png

Braking at Kerman Station

Now, I forgot to get a picture of the spacecraft actually docked to the station. Why? I forgot :P.

YEAR 3, DAY 159 - FIRST SPACE TOURIST REVEALED!

TdRIcCz.png

After seeping through several applicants, Beyond has finally picked the very first tourist who will fly into space: Tito Kerman! Tito Kerman is one of the most prominent Kerbals on Kerbin, a multi-millionaire who's quite the touring enthusiast. He's been everywhere from the Amaccacan region to the Newitain region. Of course the idea of going to SPACE and staying on a SPACE STATION jumped out at him. And so, this morning, Kerbalsaurus Kerman and @Dunas Only Moon Kerman announced he will be the one riding Nova 4 to space, and be the first space tourist!

"Ever since I was a little Kerblet I wanted to see what was up there in the night sky," Tito Kerman said. "The Mun shined so brightly, and I'd look at the planets with my diamond studded telescope. And now the opportunity has finally arrived! The Opportunity of a lifetime!"

rgJSHEq.png

Kerbalsaurus (left), Tito (Middle), and Dunas Only Moon (Right), all pose for a press photo.

Congratulations Tito!

Trivia fact: Tito Kerman is named after the world's first space tourist, Dennis Tito. On April 28th, 2001, he docked to the ISS, where he spent about 8 days.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

12 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

YEAR 3, DAY 158 - FIRST SPACE TOURIST REVEALED!

TdRIcCz.png

After seeping through several applicants, Beyond has finally picked the very first tourist who will fly into space: Tito Kerman! Tito Kerman is one of the most prominent Kerbals on Kerbin, a multi-millionaire who's quite the touring enthusiast. He's been everywhere from the Amaccacan region to the Newitain region. Of course the idea of going to SPACE and staying on a SPACE STATION jumped out at him. And so, this morning, Kerbalsaurus Kerman and @Dunas Only Moon Kerman announced he will be the one riding Nova 4 to space, and be the first space tourist!

"Ever since I was a little Kerblet I wanted to see what was up there in the night sky," Tito Kerman said. "The Mun shined so brightly, and I'd look at the planets with my diamond studded telescope. And now the opportunity has finally arrived! The Opportunity of a lifetime!"

rgJSHEq.png

Kerbalsaurus (left), Tito (Middle), and Dunas Only Moon (Right), all pose for a press photo.

Congratulations Tito!

Trivia fact: Tito Kerman is named after the world's first space tourist, Dennis Tito. On April 28th, 2001, he docked to the ISS, where he spent about 8 days.

cannot believe that im going to launch the first tourist! (if i remember, i kind of won, gg), i also like the kerbal of me! 
we cannot wait to see how the launch goes

23 hours ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

cannot believe that im going to launch the first tourist! (if i remember, i kind of won, gg), i also like the kerbal of me! 
we cannot wait to see how the launch goes

Well Beyond is proud to aid Winter Owl in this achievement, and hope Tito Kerman the best of luck on his mission! Also, for the Kerbal of you, I did do some customization with that. Due to the fact your forum name is Dunas Only Moon, I decided to go with the rusty-red hair, like the color of Duna.

---------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR 3, DAY 160 - LIBRA 3 RETURN

UqXcKIu.png

Danfal and Albert appreciate the majesty of the Libra Orbit

After 10 days in space aboard a cramped space station, Libra 3 is ready to return home. With the conclusion of this flight, the Libra Orbit is finally confirmed go for a tourist flight! It's passed all of stages of testing, and proven itself quite the capable spacecraft. Maybe the fuel's an issue, actually... any solves to that?

blvLbO9.png

"Strap in everyone, this is gonna be a steep re-entry." - Lebro Kerman

PodSWu5.png

FxDHP7M.png

On final approach...

PgP2csa.png

And the Libra has landed! The plane just finished braking just outside of the SPH! Teams are immediately prepared and dispatched, and the crew are pulled out of the spaceplane. Now the Libra Orbit reaches the point of commercialization... Due to its bigger crew capacity, we can probably launch more crew up aboard the spaceplane. In fact we have one contender, who's already asked about doing a very... interesting mission up aboard the Libra Orbit. If we pick him, we will elaborate more on his "Request" later. For now, we can sit back and enjoy the fact that the Libra Orbit has made yet another happy landing!

Edited by Kerbalsaurus
Wrong Date

2 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Well Beyond is proud to aid Winter Owl in this achievement, and hope Tito Kerman the best of luck on his mission! Also, for the Kerbal of you, I did do some customization with that. Due to the fact your forum name is Dunas Only Moon, I decided to go with the rusty-red hair, like the color of Duna.

---------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR 3, DAY 60 - LIBRA 3 RETURN

UqXcKIu.png

Danfal and Albert appreciate the majesty of the Libra Orbit

After 10 days in space aboard a cramped space station, Libra 3 is ready to return home. With the conclusion of this flight, the Libra Orbit is finally confirmed go for a tourist flight! It's passed all of stages of testing, and proven itself quite the capable spacecraft. Maybe the fuel's an issue, actually... any solves to that?

blvLbO9.png

"Strap in everyone, this is gonna be a steep re-entry." - Lebro Kerman

PodSWu5.png

FxDHP7M.png

On final approach...

PgP2csa.png

And the Libra has landed! The plane just finished braking just outside of the SPH! Teams are immediately prepared and dispatched, and the crew are pulled out of the spaceplane. Now the Libra Orbit reaches the point of commercialization... Due to its bigger crew capacity, we can probably launch more crew up aboard the spaceplane. In fact we have one contender, who's already asked about doing a very... interesting mission up aboard the Libra Orbit. If we pick him, we will elaborate more on his "Request" later. For now, we can sit back and enjoy the fact that the Libra Orbit has made yet another happy landing!

Well that was cool!
Fun fact: my username was chosen because i was doing my first duna/ike mission, and @Duna was already taken

i was choosing the ps4 achievement, "dunas only natural moon" but didnt remember it correctly

YEAR 3, DAY [REDACTED] - THE SECRET SPACE PROGRAM

Crew: Anfield, Tim

kO0juD3.png

Finally, after quite a long time of waiting, the crew transport to the Secret Space Station is finally ready. Anfield and Tim will be the operating crew, and will monitor transmissions from our Mun probe, which has remained in hibernation until now. The spacecraft, called $̸̤̣̯͍͎̲͉̉̐̓́͋*̷̩̠͆̊͆̄̃̉͘ͅ#̵̨̭̱̘̯̜̱͚̹̲̲̞̎͑͋͐͜͜͝(̴͕͈̥̬͙̘̣̤̱̪̖͂͋͌̂̃̐͌̽͗̎͋̓̕̚ͅ$̵̼̤͐͜&̵̼̃^̸̨̢͖̤́͌̉͆̌͜͠@̷̢̜̬̘̜͙̬̳̖͆̿)̷͉̖̭̤̣͕͍͓̩͖̰̀̅  can hold 2 Kerbals, yet still remains in the 1.25m scale. How exactly? It's uh, *secret* technology. The crew will remain aboard the space station until the mysterious energy signal is discovered. It's unclear how long this will be, but we imagine it won't be long. One more thing, I'm afraid the UKA is on to me. Already people at my workplace has been called into "interviews" with the program's director. I'll try my best to keep in touch, but I might have to lay low for a while.

f6RG1Lc.png

CsJyFQt.png

Oq1J0M9.png

hrCH1tQ.png

60vuuh8.png

1d4FkTh.png

GOJA6wD.png

"So, Anfield, what do you think they're trying to find on the Mun?  Is there like a secret snack pile or something?"

oIijJD7.png

"How I wish I had your innocence, Tim. Whatever's on the surface is something big. Something beyond comprehension. Something Kerbals we're never meant to see."

36 minutes ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

Wow... just plain fabulous! 

ok so... what engine is that? i want to use it on my crafts... any chance its stock?

The engine's literally just 4 LV-909 "Terrier" Engines on an EP-18 Engine Plate.

1MXZfjN.png

Does the MLT look something like this?

1 hour ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

The engine's literally just 4 LV-909 "Terrier" Engines on an EP-18 Engine Plate.

1MXZfjN.png

Does the MLT look something like this?

yep! 
one question: can you say that the hitch hiker crew cabin is a luxury cabin, with a bed, and just normal luxuries? 

also is it possible to make a digital bacon lettuce tomato flag? (as a joke)

7 minutes ago, TwoCalories said:

I expected the MLT to look more like this craft from an old mission report/comic called Plan Kappa. Sorry for the small and blurry photos; they were the best I could find.

img%5D      img%5D

i was expecting a MLO, but sized up (twice if the history dlc is active), but its pretty good!
also can you make a youtube video or something? where you read it out? i dont know if it would work but...

35 minutes ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

Also can you make a YouTube video or something, where you read it out? I don't know if it would work but...

That's asking a little too much. Also, you said the medium capsule, do you mean the Gemini capsule from the Making History DLC?

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

YEAR 3, DAY 177 - KIWISAT 1

Not affiliated with Commsat...

O2vAVTI.png

Yes, arriving here today is Kiwi Tech's Apteryx-9, an electric powered rocket. With it, they sent a satellite, which now will become Kerbin's very first commsat! Why we didn't have commsat program before is quite confusing, as there was a proposal for one before... Anyways, the Kiwisat isn't something that's that impressive. All it has are two solar panels and two Communotron 16-S Antennas. But the rocket? Well I imagine it can lift at least 6 tons to LKO. Impressive for a rocket of that size. Anyways, lettuce prepare for liftoff.

0dUZZj7.png

Engine ignition!

MAB7ex8.png

Liftoff!

kepNRdH.png

Sorry the pictures are so dark, ambient lighting is up to 30% and the pictures still look like this.

FmJFc6P.png

Stage 2 ignition

exHsiAR.png

AgLYnr0.png

t5DiPbh.png

And KiwiSat is now in orbit! What is the mission's goal exactly? It's just a small scientific satellite. But the Apteryx-9 has certainly proved itself a capable vehicle. And it's second stage can de-orbit itself, preventing kessler syndrome.

irdWrMZ.png

Second stage on re-entry.