Beyond: Kerbalkind's History of Space Exploration

Kerbalsaurus

20 hours ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

(im talking about eeloo)
our craft is fuel efficient and uses our patented liquid fuel engines, thus making it easier to fly to anywhere!

I'm really sorry man, but I just don't want to start the hyper-privatization of space.

@Kerbalsaurus, we currently have developed a ultra high speed craft!

it was built in secret and we are willing to sell you one for free, for beyond to use for tests!

Max alt: 26 kilometers 
Speed: 900+ m/s
we are making it work better at higher altitudes, and it might even be the first only jet plane to go out of the atmosphere!

it is called "The Dart" (working on it) and it should be ready for delivery by next week!

YEAR 3, DAY 133 - K-2 HOT ROD

Don't stop me now...

Crew: Maugan

4BToshK.png

After some... creative designs, Beyond has finally developed a plane that, in theory, should be capable of hypersonic speeds! The hot rod has been in development for a little while now, and several variations have been made, but the aircraft has finally reached a design that engineers think is stable and sound. However, the aircraft is not built to be reusable. Using frame materials similar to those used in the Libra Orbit, the plane is supposed to crash land into the ocean, with nothing but the cockpit to remain. This is ensured by drogue chutes.

pNK1ZdI.png

The plane has now become the fastest plane in Kerbalkind's history! It's now moving at Mach 3, or 900m/s. But here's where new technology comes in. The brand-new JX-4 "Whiplash" Jet Engines. This engine can most likely push the aircraft to mach 5. The engine is turned on, and immediately Maugan is pressed to here seat. She's now experiencing more g forces than the Tendagurensis Rocket experiences on launch!

qAiVBFm.png

Almost success! As you can see, the drag around the plane is really bad, only getting get up to about mach 4.83, or, funnily enough, 1,476kph. All that's left is to descend. 3zFr5ra.png

sJEMR6g.png

And a splashdown! With this big “success”, the K-Plane program reaches a huge influx of funding from the UKA, who realize that the program may be worth some investment. The K-Plane program is on!

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

YEAR 3, DAY 137 - NOVA 3 RETURN

Crew: Ronvin

kFGAKuM.png

Nova 3 has now reached the end of its long-duration test mission. While on the station, Ronvin preformed many tests on the MLO, but also served as a lab assistant for the crew. After all, he was only on the station for 10 days. What could he contribute to the experiments? All that's left of the mission is too survive the 200km descent.

LsTXSfQ.png

Deorbit burn

OKAnTDT.png

AXvkj3F.png

Getting a little hot...

yrBfCkT.png

5jQx3OF.png

A successful touchdown, and the end of the test phase for the MLO! It's now ready to make its next historic flight: the first tourist in space.

4 hours ago, TwoCalories said:

Um, no offense to @Dunas Only Moon, but the MLO seems like an inefficient use of a moderately-sized launch vehicle like that. Wouldn't it be better to at least have two Kerbals on there, if you can fit in a second cockpit into the craft?

It would be better, but I'm basing these designs off of designs @Dunas Only Moon made. Also, the Eve II is kinda being used for everything right now.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:24 PM, TwoCalories said:

Um, no offense to @Dunas Only Moon, but the MLO seems like an inefficient use of a moderately-sized launch vehicle like that. Wouldn't it be better to at least have two Kerbals on there, if you can fit in a second cockpit into the craft?

We are working on the MLT (Mun lander two or macon lettuce tomato), and its in that part size where you can use the cockpit with 3 kerbals, and it should have a passenger bay (comfy 10/10), and more fuel.

5 hours ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

We are working on the MLT (Mun lander two or macon lettuce tomato), and its in that part size where you can use the cockpit with 3 kerbals, and it should have a passenger bay (comfy 10/10), and more fuel.

Ooo, first class space travel.

Just to clear things up, I don’t hate your idea of a cheap to make Mun/Duna space station. That actually sounds cool! Just, that doesn’t really fit into the story being told here. The story is a kerbalized version of NASA, and the thread right now has pretty much caught up with real life. But, as you can see, there are no private space stations around the Moon, and no private spacecraft capable of taking us there. Well, I mean, there is one but it keeps blowing up. I’m sorry for being so passive aggressive to you in previous posts, this is a problem I have in general. As @fulgur said, “we can’t have misunderstandings. Speaking of which, where are they? They haven’t surfaced for a while.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus
I CAN’T TYPE

2 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Ooo, first class space travel. Just to clear things up, I don’t hate your idea of a cheap to make Mun/Duna space station. That actually sounds cool! Just, that doesn’t really fit into the story being told here. The story is pretty much a kerbalized version of NASA. The thread right now has pretty much caught up with real life. But, as you can see, there are no private space stations around the Moon, and no private spacecraft capable of taking is there. Well, I mean, there is one but it keeps blowing up. I’m sorry for being so passive aggressive to you in previous posts, this is a problem I have in general. As @fulgur said, “we can’t have misunderstandings. Speaking of which, where are they? They haven’t surfaced for a while.

*goes to moon many times and even minmus*
"am realisim"

Edited by Dunas Only Moon

20 hours ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

*goes to moon many times and even minmus*
"am realisim"

Come on man, I'm trying to be nice. The answer's no because I also want to design milestone missions myself. That's part of the fun of KSP. Also, given the fact you play on console, it'd take much longer for updates to come out since you can't upload to KerbalX or share screenshots.

YEAR 3, DAY 149 - LIBRA 3

Crew: Lebro, Malgard, Genenie

After some redesigns to Libra Orbit, Jeb's Junkyard shipped us their new model just last week. This flight is quite important, as it's the first crewed test flight to dock with Kerman Station. Much like the flight plan of Nova 3, Libra 3 will spend about 10 days at Kerman Station. As usual, the flight has two pilots and one engineer, just wring out the spacecraft as thoroughly as possible. If this flight is a success, the Libra Orbit will be free for a tourist flight for Kerman Station. And there's a long line of Kerbals who want his once in a lifetime experience. While all of them are of... the higher classes, one Kerbal in administration put forth the idea of "affordable space travel". What?! Who let this guys into the meeting?! Fire him immediately!

z0eGCni.png

Liftoff of Libra 3!

2Z0rCWq.png

Jet engine separation.

Y4hXNly.png

Libra 3 is in orbit (The ascent, I must say, was quite painful though. I genuinely got mad at the game, and had to take a break to cool down. That's why there's a lack of screenshots.)! A maneuver is planned out, and the Libra Orbit begins to make its way to Kerman Station.

hD8SIzr.png

While braking at Kerman Station, the Libra Orbit ran out of fuel! Good thing it was moving slow enough that RCS could slow it down. It was quite the nerve wracking experience. But, in the end, the spacecraft successfully docked to Kerman Station. Oh yeah, and the fuel issue was fixed. The MPCF is VERY over engineered. I could just put some of the fuel from its tanks onto the Libra Orbit, and everything is perfectly fine.

JM79Obm.png

The station's looking... a little cluttered right now. Also, for the next 10 days it may be a little cramped. On the bright side, they have more lab assistants, and more friends to talk to. So everything may have worked out fine. We would like to congratulate Jeb's Junkyard and their engineers for their tireless work on the Libra Orbit! It has now entered the books as a perfectly functioning spacecraft, and is also perfect for providing a cheap way for resupplying Kerman Station and sending tourists into space!

9 minutes ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

Reminds Me of MIR alot

Great! That’s actually what I was going for. Everybody makes their space stations ISS-adjacent, so I wanted to make mine more Mir like. I just like the very Kerbal way the station looked. It didn’t look planned, the modules looked more mish-mashed.

2 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Great! That’s actually what I was going for. Everybody makes their space stations ISS-adjacent, so I wanted to make mine more Mir like. I just like the very Kerbal way the station looked. It didn’t look planned, the modules looked more mish-mashed.

Just wanted to ask is there a chance I could make a electron-like rocket?

or is there already too many private companies.

Edited by Royalswissarmyknife

1 hour ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

Just wanted to ask is there a chance I could make a electron-like rocket?

or is there already too many private companies.

No, actually, I was waiting for one more person for the private company thing. Just send a KerbalX link, tell me your company name, and give me the flag.

EXPEDITION 1 RETURN - YEAR 3, DAY 157

Crew: Jebediah, Bob, Bill

ke43lLL.png

After half a year in orbit, Jeb, Bob, and Bill are more than happy to come back home! This was the longest stay in space in history! The crew say their goodbyes to their comrades aboard the space station, who in turn wish them a safe and happy return. They board the MPCF, seal the hatch, and undock from Kerman Station.

8DWCDk5.png

9KmBCMX.png

De-orbit burn

uZ9w2kD.png

"Getting a little hot Mission Control" - Bill Kerman

CNiCg2T.png

uSOIXJV.png

Chutes deployed

QFhB3qF.png

And a successful splashdown! Expedition 1 was back on Kerbin after 7 months in orbit! A truly impressive feat for Beyond.

"It was somewhat bittersweet leaving the space station," Jebediah said in an interview, "But it sure was nice to feel gravity again! Even if we could barely walk." The crew will now enter their rehabilitation period, and get used to gravity again. Safe to say, they will not be going back to space for a while!

Edited by Kerbalsaurus
Wrong Date

On 8/1/2023 at 7:38 PM, Kerbalsaurus said:

Come on man, I'm trying to be nice. The answer's no because I also want to design milestone missions myself. That's part of the fun of KSP. Also, given the fact you play on console, it'd take much longer for updates to come out since you can't upload to KerbalX or share screenshots.

not trying to be mean or anything but im just saying that nasa has not gotten that far in the real world, im just a bit confused

sorry if i sounded mean

MLT recipie (completed)

Take a (i think) mk3 cockpit (the medium one), and put a docking port

then take a hitch hiker crew cabin, and put that on

attach a medium fuel tank, and put 2 more on the side, and you should have it

also we should be able to pay you to put our ceo in orbit (me), once the opportunity arrives.