Intercept Games Official Discord is Now Live!

Ghostii_Space

On 2/6/2023 at 1:57 AM, snkiz said:

I get what discord is for, kids think they've done something new. it's just fancy IRC (actually using some irc protocols btw.)

what I don't understand is why PD doesn't understand what discord is for. It is not the place to be sharing sneak peaks and the like. It's a now platform, if you aren't there when something happens, you've missed out. It's not searchable, it's barely manageable.  And by it's very nature of being live, not family friendly. I don't care how much you moderate it. I know it's all part of the marketing, but if the only people who see your marketing material are people constantly looking at discord. Well your gonna find out how small that echo chamber really is. Try hards and kids who don't have a disposable income of their own are the people who regularly inhabit discord like that.

Thank you. I am a huge KSP fan and am very much looking forward to KSP 2. But I don't have the time to be online all the time to be on discord. Why not service two channels? Classical forum and Discord? It is easy to automate and makes it better for non-teen players.

Just now, dr.phees said:

Thank you. I am a huge KSP fan and am very much looking forward to KSP 2. But I don't have the time to be online all the time to be on discord. Why not service two channels? Classical forum and Discord? It is easy to automate and makes it better for non-teen players.

They are now, But they forgot about us for a couple days while they had their new toy. I think this whole thread is a result of the 'oh shiny' syndrome that happened.

2 hours ago, dr.phees said:

Yep! I don't have had nice experiences with company/game sized discords. Small/private groups are OK, but can then be run on other platforms, large ones are annoying, frustrating and simple not worth it in my experience.

Big discords can be troublesome if you don't find your niche. Mine is the #ksp1-help channel :)

28 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Big discords can be troublesome if you don't find your niche.

This so much.  I'm in a server with several thousand members and I just hang out in one specific channel for VFX artists - that way I'm interacting with maybe 20 people maximum, and they're people I'd like to interact with.  Same goes for my own server, even though it's considerably smaller (200+ members) - I just hang out in a few certain channels and sometimes check general chat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...