What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

1 hour ago, ave369 said:

I tried to launch an asparagus staged rocket and the game turned into slide show because of the shoddy fuel flow optimization.

How did you even try asparagus staging? There don’t seem to be any fuel lines that I have been able to find. Or can fuel just transfer across decouplers without any lines in KSP2?

11 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Seriously, I feel like I'm the only one who still pronounces it "Mün". I always forget it's no longer spelled that way canonically anymore. It's like that spelling was suddenly abandoned at some point and everyone just started pronouncing it boringly :/

You are not alone. I mean even Manley says Mün and if his voice doesn't have weight in these matters, no one's has.

What bugs me is not only dropping off the umlaut, but the annoying relentlessness on using "the" which is an appendage from goofy English language. It should just be Mün.

6 minutes ago, boolybooly said:

Went to the Mun and back. Booked Jeb in to see an opthalmist.

c71e6381ab4a1996ca78b843b883f4bfdfc58deb

6 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

You are not alone. I mean even Manley says Mün and if his voice doesn't have weight in these matters, no one's has.

What bugs me is not only dropping off the umlaut, but the annoying relentlessness on using "the" which is an appendage from goofy English language. It should just be Mün.

c71e6381ab4a1996ca78b843b883f4bfdfc58deb

not an appendage of english .. several languages use article of that form  for Luna  and Terra (while other celestial bodies names after gods do not  get an article as god's names do not receive articles.

Heya rocketeers!

Overbuilt a rocket for a Mün flyby. Love the manouering nodes and display of the lines. Love the SAS manouver node thing. Crashed on the way back home due to timewarp not stopping when entering atmosphere. I don't know what all the hate is about... this feels like KSP to me, with better graphics, improved immersion due to improved sound. It feels more kerbally than ksp1, and this is only the beginning. The potential is insane, and looking at the roadmap i have no regerts spending my bday money on this...  i wanted to say game, but that would not cover it...     brilliant sandbox. If you don't like to play in sandboxes, you won't understand the weight of that statement.

Couple things: 
-when i pause and unpause, i get my screen spammed with PAUSED or UNPAUSED respectively. 
-timewarp not stopping when entering atmosphere
-i want to SHIFT-scrollwheel in the VAB for vertical camera movement back please.
-my crew capsule had an antenna, retractable solar panel and a chute. it magically hovered above the water when splashed down on the attempt where i didn't kill bill (hah!).

If this is only the 1st playable early access version, ima have a blast with this for the next 10 years.

Sincerely,

Izny

PS:  i will need Mechjeb at some point for when i start building ridiculous stuff that can't possibly be intercepted or docked manually.
PPS:  has not needed Mechjeb yet, even though i feared i wouldn't even be able to get to orbit without it anymore.
PPPS: runs perfectly fine on an old mediamarket prebuilt PC that has been upgraded with an RTX2060. no lags, no stuttering. all systems go.

Edited by Izny

Attempted to get a Munar intercept so I could land.  To be honest, Munar landings I can do in KSP1 in my sleep.  Unfortunately, in KSP2, I can't get this done.  The maneuver nodes are not intuitive, and even after getting one that worked, after the burn, I was on a trajectory out of Kerbin's SOI into a Kerbolar orbit.  Never mind that the UI showed me that I had the Munar intercept.

In addition to this, I've discovered that placing any parts on any capsule other than at the top or bottom of the capsule obstructs the hatch.  Lander can, radial chutes...nope.  Obstructed.  Feedback was sent.

I'll be trying another Munar intercept at some point this weekend.  I cannot believe that I haven't been able to land on the Mun in KSP2 yet; this is bothersome.

3 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Attempted to get a Munar intercept so I could land.  To be honest, Munar landings I can do in KSP1 in my sleep.  Unfortunately, in KSP2, I can't get this done.  The maneuver nodes are not intuitive, and even after getting one that worked, after the burn, I was on a trajectory out of Kerbin's SOI into a Kerbolar orbit.  Never mind that the UI showed me that I had the Munar intercept.

In addition to this, I've discovered that placing any parts on any capsule other than at the top or bottom of the capsule obstructs the hatch.  Lander can, radial chutes...nope.  Obstructed.  Feedback was sent.

I'll be trying another Munar intercept at some point this weekend.  I cannot believe that I haven't been able to land on the Mun in KSP2 yet; this is bothersome.

The I1 and I2 are NOT intercepts ( I know, coutner intuitive) they are the closest aproachs. THe interecpts are shown with a small globe (sphere of influence) near the point.

26 minutes ago, tstein said:

The I1 and I2 are NOT intercepts ( I know, coutner intuitive) they are the closest aproachs. THe interecpts are shown with a small globe (sphere of influence) near the point.

I had Pe of 600km showing, but the burn didn't give me that.

1 minute ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I had Pe of 600km showing, but the burn didn't give me that.

But did it show the intercept globe? If not the PE was  not for the Mun. There are some very counter intuitive data display  in this game.  you need 855 ms dV from 100 km  and pull and push your start position  until you see the globe witht he concentric marks.  Also when you start to burn...  if you try to burn with Time acc and your ship is not aligned the SAS will NOT align your ship! You need to align in  1x time.

I managed a Mun return trip. Three-stage rocket -- lifter, orbiter, lander. Lander and orbiter had docking ports for the return trip. A number of bugs got in the way but I managed it in the end:

• A fuel flow bug would cause the top stage to drain with the first stage. Proximate cause: landing legs on a stage with fuel will trigger the bug. Affects the Bandicoot and Wombat landing legs at least.
    • Workaround: put a decoupler between the lander's engine stage and command module, with the landing legs on the command module.
  • Phantom forces would occasionally send a craft spinning out of control, or give it asymmetric torque, making control difficult. 
  • Landing legs would appear as "blocked" on one side.
  • Kerbonaut on EVA wasn't able to board module.
    • Workaround for the above three issues: quit to main menu while saving, then load the game. 

Despite the difficulties, I had fun. No performance issues worth mentioning (but I do have a system that meets recommended spec and my vessel was pretty small).

Hello. (PC specs: cpu-intel 10900k, gpu-rtx 3070, 16GB ram)

The game is good. I won't say it's great. Yet. I built a Mun landing capable craft first thing, and I may be mistaken, but I think the fuel efficiency of the engines has been increased. Had about 10000 delta V, whereas in KSP1 I may have had 5000. Landed on Mun. Planted flag. Gazed into the very barren landscape.  The coloring of Mun is a beige color as opposed to the pretty much white/gray of KSP1. It's ok though.

Built planes for flying around KSC. TURN OFF SAS!!! The sas in KSP 2 may help larger, heavier planes, but small planes do not need it. Made a realistic looking plane, set trim with left alt and movement keys, and just flew like a plane. It feels so much better than in KSP 1, where sas was almost necessary for stable flight at all times.

Day 1 early access it may be, but I really wanted lights on kerbal visors. Also wouldn't mind the rocks having even a simple collision mesh. Map view textures are quite pixelated. The HUD is much more technical, though I think the color scheme could be changed so there's not so much of a contrast. Also want scalable HUD pieces. 

That's all for now. Thank you.

Today I did my first Mun landing in KSP 2, I had a few issues, mostly with maneuver nodes being weird, engines firing when they weren't supposed to, and the game thinking I ran out of fuel when I didn't, but I still completed the mission on my first try.

I'm gonna try and get a picture of my crew on the Mun, but this is my first time putting a picture in one of my posts so apologies if it doesn't appear.

https://imgur.com/a/wEQNcCm

That should be the link right there, but knowing my luck, something isn't gonna work properly...

well what did  I do? well lets see  build rocket it went BOOM! rinse and repeat, got to space YAAA! game crashed Boo lol.  now Im looking or trying to look at the file structure of parts but  I can not seem to find any thing remotely to a part folders so were is it. that is my question.

8 minutes ago, MissMolly said:

well what did  I do? well lets see  build rocket it went BOOM! rinse and repeat, got to space YAAA! game crashed Boo lol.  now Im looking or trying to look at the file structure of parts but  I can not seem to find any thing remotely to a part folders so were is it. that is my question.

C/Users/yourusername/Appdata/Locallow/InterceptGames/

At least that's where you can find your saved craft

Edited by The Aziz