Dear Kerbonauts

Kerbalsaurus

Why are you just jumping ship on KSP 1?  It’s still a perfectly fine game you can play. It’s not like all of our computers are just automatically uninstalling it today. I get it, KSP 2’s brand new and shiny, but still. You can still play both games. KSP 1 can still live on.

20 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Why are you just jumping ship on KSP 1?  It’s still a perfectly fine game you can play. It’s not like all of our computers are just automatically uninstalling it today. I get it, KSP 2’s brand new and shiny, but still. You can still play both games. KSP 1 can still live on.

No one is "Jumping ship", but KSP 2 is brand new and we want to mess around with it as much as possible, find the bugs, report the bugs, report feedback. The first month of EA is quite busy for any game because of all the players from the original wanting to play the sequel. 

KSP 1 will stick around for a year or two, but it will start dying. It is inevitable. 

6 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I'm not uninstalling it. But I have no reason returning to it when I have a new, improved one in front of me.

Returning to play your favorite mods.

Or playing both KSP 1 and KSP 2 at the same time so you can take some comparison screenshots.

7 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Returning to play your favorite mods.

Or playing both KSP 1 and KSP 2 at the same time so you can take some comparison screenshots.

Considering my last playthrough had only MJ(I can live without it when I have improved burn counters), TextureReplacer (for skybox, no longer needed), Eve+scatterer(no longer needed), waterfall (no longer needed), restock (no longer needed), Trajectories (ok that's a good one though) and a few minor utilities that mostly dealt with KSP1's own problems. I really have no need to play KSP1 because it doesn't offer much beyond what I can find in 2. Of course full respect for those who are not abandoning their heavily modded saves yet.

And I've made sooo many screenshots in the last decade, I don't need to make more. They're all still there on my hard drive.

Just now, The Aziz said:

Considering my last playthrough had only MJ(I can live without it when I have improved burn counters), TextureReplacer (for skybox, no longer needed), Eve+scatterer(no longer needed), waterfall (no longer needed), restock (no longer needed), Trajectories (ok that's a good one though) and a few minor utilities that mostly dealt with KSP1's own problems. I really have no need to play KSP1 because it doesn't offer much beyond what I can find in 2. Of course full respect for those who are not abandoning their heavily modded saves yet.

And I've made sooo many screenshots in the last decade, I don't need to make more. They're all still there on my hard drive.

Dang, a minimalist when it comes to modding or just against modding in general (except to fix problems)?

Just now, GoldForest said:

Dang, a minimalist when it comes to modding or just against modding in general (except to fix problems)?

I had many mods (over 50 at one point). The loading times, the glitchyness, the overall performance made me rethink what I actually need. And honestly, I don't think I ever fully used all of them. Turns out I didn't need 20 srb types, 100 more fuel tanks, 50 engines with stats nearly identical to stock ones, 2 different colony/base mods, complex resource extraction/refinement, three types of rovers.. My final moments on that save, where I finished with burning my Kassini probe in Sarnus atmosphere, well, the probe glitched so hard that it created a triangular shape around itself, before it landed near the planet's core without actually burning or crashing, where I discovered a beige cube. I had more fun with the short list mentioned earlier because I actually did more things than ever before.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

No one is "Jumping ship", but KSP 2 is brand new and we want to mess around with it as much as possible, find the bugs, report the bugs, report feedback. The first month of EA is quite busy for any game because of all the players from the original wanting to play the sequel. 

I still have a few projects I need to finish for school that involve KSP so I'm sticking around for a little while longer!

It will be quite a while (if ever) until KSP2 has the mod base KSP1 has. Not to mention its hardware requirements are much lower.
The game will have its place. its up to us all to keep it relevant.

Edited by VITAS

I still haven’t got KSP2 yet, I’m waiting until there’s at least one bug fix release before playing because I know there are issues.

Meanwhile, I have three separate KSP saves that I play at least semi-regularly and do reports for on this forum, another that I might try to resurrect if I can fix the mod-related issues in the install and plenty more planet packs etc. that I haven’t even had a chance to try yet. KSP2 has been out for mere days so far, it’ll take time for the problems to be solved, the optimising to be done and a broader selection of both features and mods to be available to bring it to parity with KSP let alone go beyond it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.