Where are the devs?

coyotesfrontier

1 minute ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Well, considering the primary focus of some of the channels right now is bug reports and asking questions on gameplay, I can see why the mods/admins are muting people who are way off topic.

creating new channels in discord must be impossible challenge lol

the discord moderators are just so drunk on banning people, they have no space in their brains for actually utilizing all the good discord features

Edited by Fullmetal Analyst

1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

People who don't understand why the devs are quiet right now need to ask themselves how they'd feel about being grilled by thousands of people over the stuff they produce on their job.  And then ask themselves if they would rather be working or dealing with a bunch of people they would never normally be in contact with otherwise.

We actually want the Dev team isolated from the nonsense. 

We want the Community Managers to actually communicate with us and tell us that they are in contact with the Devs. 

They're not. 

A community manager posted this on another thread:

15 hours ago, PD_Dakota said:

Just popping my head in here that we're rethinking our comms strategy to make sure any info shared through the Discord is mirrored here. We're around and listening and interacting on Discord and socials, but we definitely have not been giving the forums the time you all deserve. 

Shortly thereafter:

15 hours ago, PD_Dakota said:

KSP2 will not have microtransactions.

Edited by HebaruSan

17 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

We want the Community Managers to actually communicate with us and tell us that they are in contact with the Devs. 

They're not. 

the community managers, just like everyone else, are probably having a hard time finding anything positive to talk about, and since they are probably forbidden from saying any negative things about the game, they just stay silent.

its hard to get someone to admit that they have messed up these days u know.

22 minutes ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

the community managers, just like everyone else, are probably having a hard time finding anything positive to talk about, and since they are probably forbidden from saying any negative things about the game, they just stay silent.

its hard to get someone to admit that they have messed up these days u know.

Well I will give them one thing. They can say "at least KP2 release was not as bad as eve online Trinity release that delete windows boot sector after you  ran the game."

15 minutes ago, tstein said:

Well I will give them one thing. They can say "at least KP2 release was not as bad as eve online Trinity release that delete windows boot sector after you  ran the game."

EsSHy8C.png

they seem to have a good take on communication with the community though lol

source

EDIT:
i wish intercept had community managers as competent as Dr. Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson :sticktongue:

10 minutes ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

EsSHy8C.png

they seem to have a good take on communication with the community though lol

source

EDIT:
i wish intercept had community managers as competent as Dr. Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson :sticktongue:

I played eve back then. I was LUCKY to get stuck at work and arrive late hoem to start the update, so I did not lost my partition before they patched it.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

We actually want the Dev team isolated from the nonsense. 

They're not. 

And my comment was directed at the statement of why the DEVS aren't speaking.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:30 PM, HansAcker said:

Anyway, KSP 1 mods have bugs. Lots of bugs. What exactly was your point?

I wanted to say that most of the mods will not ruin the game in KSP1. Almost always something broke not because of mods. Stories that there are a lot of bugs in KSP1 with mods are meaningless. In general, if there were no mods, there would be no KSP2 at all, interest in the game would have faded long ago.

12 hours ago, tstein said:

When people say DEVs they are not talking about the programmers, but the team as a whole. Obviously  people do not expect programmers to tackle communication, we are usually very bad at  talking to people.

Yes. When you're Steve Balmer clapping and chanting "developers, developers, developers, developers," you're talking about programmers. But when you're a customer saying "where are the developers," you're talking about the whole group. It's a contextual semantics thing that provokes needless argument talking past each other. I'm glad we're hearing more from the team now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.