Looking for an "Experience It All" Mission or Set of Missions

I just retired and finally have time to play KSP. I have dabbled with the game before but never had the time to truly engage and complete intense missions. 

I get most of my enjoyment from planning and designing the missions, building the craft, and flying them using MechJeb2. I am disabled so I lack the hand/eye coordination to manually land or dock.  I would like to experience as much of what the game has to offer as possible playing this way. 

Can you suggest a mission or set of missions to play? Mods I should use to play them?

Thank you!

If you are up to it... try the Grand Tour Challenge! The challenge is to visit all the bodies of KSP that have a surface! You could go full stock on this one, or you could try using some mods like Near Future Series or life support mods to spice it up! A great way to "experience it all"!

Apart from the grand tour, another challenge is to land on as many celestial bodies as possible (some challenges also do not allow you to refuel) in an SSTO (i believe the record is 10 not including Kerbin). This one is much harder than the normal grand tour which is of intermediate difficulty 

On 7/20/2023 at 1:47 PM, Jarring6076 said:

I assume that everyone is playing these missions in Sandbox?

It depends. The Kerpollo challenge must be run in science mode:

The idea is to complete the techtree in nine launches (one for Kerbin , one for the mun, another one for Minmus. After that one for each planet and its moons (Moho, Eve (with Gilly), Duna (with Ike), Dres, Jool (with it's moons) and Eeloo. Except Kerbin (only orbit and return) and Jool (since you can't land on it) you need to land on every body. 
To make things more interesting there are some rules which make it quite a nice challenge. I did this four years ago and had lots of fun:

Edited by jost

As the creator of Kerpollo I both wholeheartedly recommend it for your situation and thank @jost for mentioning me :)

Another "Experience the whole game in one career" challenge I made is the "No Contract Career" challenge, which is easier to define than Kerpollo, but much harder to do :)

Edited by Superfluous J

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2023 at 10:53 AM, Superfluous J said:

As the creator of Kerpollo I both wholeheartedly recommend it for your situation and thank @jost for mentioning me :)

Another "Experience the whole game in one career" challenge I made is the "No Contract Career" challenge, which is easier to define than Kerpollo, but much harder to do :)

Came here to say this. The no contract career challenge was so refreshing and elegant, I highly recommend it to everybody!!! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.