Out of moderate interest...

JoeSchmuckatelli

1 minute ago, razark said:

Same old arguments from the same old people.

Ha!

Here, lemme poor you some more kool aid young fella...

Just stopped by to peek around the corner and see what was going on...

Nothing obviously.

So pathetic.

Not much. Devs took the under promise and over deliver strategy but have yet to deliver… anything really. Hard to discuss the future features without knowing what science will even be like.

1 minute ago, moeggz said:

Not much. Devs took the under promise and over deliver strategy but have yet to deliver… anything really. Hard to discuss the future features without knowing what science will even be like.

Yep.. 

And hard to add future features when they can't figure out how to fix foundational low level bugs like orbital decay.  It's a game that literally revolves around orbital mechanics, which is fundamentally broken and currently without a potential fix.

I was originally very positive, but now I think they should just sell the entire franchise to a talented and passionate young independent studio for the sake of a cult classic game title.   

Might be a bit too personal, but from what I have observed, the community has divided in to three groups.

The first one is the normal players/ community members without a very clear opinion. I’d say that they like to post mission reports and wacky creations. From my observation, most members of the KSP2 community belongs to this group.

The second group is what I call the “haters”. Now this might be somewhat impolite but please don’t attack me for this. They are often focused on the game’s slow progress and how buggy/unoptimized it is without acknowledging the fact that some progress has been made. People belonging to this group are often overly pessimistic and love attacking others in-person, especially the developers.

Now the third group is what I call the “ white knights”. People of this group defends the game from anything, even constructive critism. Apart from being completely different, people of this group are similar to the “haters” in many ways.

Edited by Alpha_star
Fixed grammar. Sorry for anything personal, I didn’t mean it!

6 minutes ago, Alpha_star said:

...the community has divided in to three groups.

I can't say I've noticed that first group too much, but I don't go looking into the sections of the forum where they're probably posting.

I will agree about those other two groups.  Frustrations are running hot on either side of the fence, and with nothing really new to discuss the same points keep getting brought up by both sides and everyone gets mad at everyone else.

From what I see, the first group rarely post in the discussions because they probably do not have a clear opinion themselves.

9 minutes ago, razark said:

I can't say I've noticed that first group too much, but I don't go looking into the sections of the forum where they're probably posting.

I will agree about those other two groups.  Frustrations are running hot on either side of the fence, and with nothing really new to discuss the same points keep getting brought up by both sides and everyone gets mad at everyone else.

Edited by Alpha_star

18 minutes ago, Alpha_star said:

The first one is the normal players/ community members without a very clear opinion.

I would say that most in this group do have a clear opinion. They may not choose to share it publicly, or have already shared their opinions without screaming it from a soapbox whenever they can. They may not want to interact with a community beyond sharing cool screen shots, mission reports, and bug reports. Overall, not getting too worked up for something out of their control and (hopefully) enjoying the game in their unique ways.

I think there’s still some on both sides, who while they have strong opinions, try and voice them constructively. Both sides seem to get more agitated when the other side claims that they are arguing in bad faith or just commenting to shut the other side up.

People want to share their opinions, positive and negative alike. As long as the opposing side doesn’t try and run you off the forums the discussions can still be productive.

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

....anything happening over here these days? 

I think you only got one comment related to the game, so here's my attempt at summarizing:

• The early two weeks of august there was a moderately big outrage when Dakota insulted the Reddit community.
  • This sent them into a "company wide IG/PD meeting".
  • They posted a half apology blaming the players for having expectations. This message included an announcement that 0.1.4 launched in two weeks (25 aug)
  • 8/11 was the last "automated" "every two weeks" K.E.R.B. post.
  • 8/18 a delay was announced, 0.1.4 was pushed back because of a performance destroying bug. They confirm 0.1.4 is just fixes, no new parts or mechanics. Announce "big news" for next week.
  • 8/25 they failed to post K.E.R.B.  the big news was the Nertea AMA, which was very extensive but didn't really answer anything useful.
  • You are here.
Edited by PDCWolf

Just now, RocketRockington said:

I appreciate the stealth pun :)

I'm not sure those two items were necessarily related, otherwise good summary.

The relationship I draw is entirely based on timing of the announcement of the meeting, and the "apology" coming right after the meeting.

Ok, since I am fairly™️ new to the community, there are obvious a lot of things that I do not know clearly. What I have seen so far is that no matter it’s here on the forums, reddit or discord, general discussions about ksp2 has been a place for both the “white knights” and the “haters” to shout the same opinions and rants over and over again.

Still, please be civil!;p

Edited by Alpha_star
As a non-English speaker, I suck at English.

9 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

The relationship I draw is entirely based on timing of the announcement of the meeting, and the "apology" coming right after the meeting.

Yeah but, c'mon, I don't think they'd call a company meeting to discuss Dakotas discord post.  I think the apology and Dakotas discord post are connected - but a company meeting is likely happenstance, you don't call together 50 people at IG and 100+ at PD to crucify one guy's social media statement. 

So, to answer the OP’s question, the UI blurry and SOI bugs have been smashed since 0.1.3 came out. After that, there were a few KERB bug report posts, but almost no information regarding the release of  thermal and science updates. 0.1.4 is currently set for “early this week” and will come out in a few days.

Edit: 0.1.4.0 will come out tomorrow, so that's some news.

Edited by Alpha_star
Saw an update from the developers!

38 minutes ago, RocketRockington said:

Yeah but, c'mon, I don't think they'd call a company meeting to discuss Dakotas discord post.  I think the apology and Dakotas discord post are connected - but a company meeting is likely happenstance, you don't call together 50 people at IG and 100+ at PD to crucify one guy's social media statement. 

I'd like to believe making such a public statement, officially the first signal of acknowledgement of the state of the game, is big enough to be part of such a meeting. I don't think it was the only thing discussed there, but I do think it's part of what came out of it.

It's also the only meeting they've ever communicated publicly.

14 minutes ago, Alpha_star said:

So, to answer the OP’s question, the UI blurry and SOI bugs have been smashed since 0.1.3 came out. After that, there were a few KERB bug report posts, but almost no information regarding the release of  thermal and science updates. 0.1.4 is currently set for “early this week” and will come out in a few days.

Both those terms, "white knights" and "haters", not only are gross generalizations, but also pretty toxic to use methinks. Things are not as black and white, nor are people defending or criticizing KSP2 without reason, or doing just one of the two.

Edited by PDCWolf

I’m trying to stay away from fights over KSP2, not only because that it is toxic, but also because that same arguments have been repeated again and again, as stressed by others before. Again, some major bug fixing progress has been made since 0.1.3, but no feature updates in the next patch. I’m leaving the judging to others, since I do not want to hint my opinion about the game in my comments.

Sorry for being  way too personal. I want this thread to stay on-topic.

Edited by Alpha_star

Yeah, I was trying to avoid diving into the pool again, but thanks to whiskey, here we are.

57 minutes ago, RocketRockington said:

Yeah but, c'mon, I don't think they'd...

14 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

I'd like to believe...

That's pretty a pretty strong foundation to build a worldview upon.

1 hour ago, Alpha_star said:

Still, please be civil!

Yeah, I guess you are new here...
Arguing over rampant speculation is perfectly on-brand around these parts.  It's been going on for a long time.

/*****************************************
Completely unrelated comment:

1 hour ago, Alpha_star said:

As a non-English speaker, I suck at English.

I love how non-native speakers say this, while using the language better than us native speakers.

Please resume the sectarian violence now.
*****************************************/

@JoeSchmuckatelli
I don't know what sort of response you expected.  Honestly, probably best to go hide for a while again and check back in a few months, when we've had a few more posts to argue about discuss. 
If only I could take my own advice.

6 hours ago, Buzz313th said:

I was originally very positive, but now I think they should just sell the entire franchise to a talented and passionate young independent studio for the sake of a cult classic game title.   

The trouble with young, passionate, independent studios is that by far the largest majority of them fail. It may look otherwise because of survivor bias, gamers only hear about the rare few that succeed.

14 minutes ago, Periple said:

The trouble with young, passionate, independent studios is that by far the largest majority of them fail. It may look otherwise because of survivor bias, gamers only hear about the rare few that succeed.

After this episode, I am still much more inclined to support smaller indie studios than bigger ones.

The communication is much more transparent and they actually give a damn about player feedback.

And it's one to lose a fifty to someone who goes in and out of bankruptcy every 10 minutes and something else for that to be a drop in the ocean.

1 minute ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

The communication is much more transparent and they actually give a damn about player feedback.

This, absolutely. it's something that we should definitely credit Private Division for. The very fact that we have these forums, can interact directly with the dev team,
get updates on what the status is of current workitems and can log bugs.

They get a lot of crap when something isn't working or isn't finished but they should get credit when they do something right as well.

But I'm not convinced that they should sell the franchise, that won't benefit anyone. you would have a less experienced studio with the responsibility of managing expectations like this...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.