Techo's (Stock) Planet Revamp V0.10

Mrpasta44

Hey, sorry for your PC dude, your mod is just incredible...much better than ksp2 planets.
I have a quick question, when will Eloo and the Jool system be added?
keep going, you're the goat
(sorry for any grammar or vocabulary errors, am French...)

1 hour ago, SpaceFlemour said:

I have a quick question, when will Eloo and the Jool system be added?

Jool system is being worked on right now and Eeloo will come after :)
cant say for sure how long it will take though

Wow this mod looks great!

From orbit lol. I must be having issues with the install because the surface isn’t rendering for me. But other than that it really does look amazing :D 

I have a ton of mods but none I know of that change the terrain textures or surface.

15 hours ago, NexusHelium said:

he surface isn’t rendering for me.

Would you happen to be using Deferred?
The Kerbin revamp isn't using a fancy ultra shader due to there not really being any good textures to use and deferred wont like that.
If not then i have no clue without logs

50 minutes ago, Mrpasta44 said:

The Kerbin revamp isn't using a fancy ultra shader due to there not really being any good textures to use and deferred wont like that.

Ah. Yes I have deferred. That would explain it, thanks :) 

Maybe I should wait to use deferred until it actually works with everything lol

Welp there’s a new update to deferred that supposedly makes it more stable. I’ll have to try this mod again (I really want to use it :P )

Edited by NexusHelium

1 hour ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Is this mod meant to have its own EVE configs or are you meant to use an existing mod like AVP?

You should be able to use any visual pack that doesn't change the textures of the stock planets, I've seen Spectra and blackracks stock volumetrics working fine so far though I'm uncertain of others.

Posted (edited)

Has anyone checked to see if KerbinSide Remastered works with this mod?

Edit: I just have, it seems to work fine thanks to its map decals (though it may make the terrain look odd in places). One thing I will note however is that if you're playing on a rescale then you'll need to reposition the extra KSC stuff it adds to move it back into position.

Edited by The Dressian Exploder

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Has anyone checked to see if KerbinSide Remastered works with this mod?

Edit: I just have, it seems to work fine thanks to its map decals (though it may make the terrain look odd in places). One thing I will note however is that if you're playing on a rescale then you'll need to reposition the extra KSC stuff it adds to move it back into position.

It doesn't work for me, the KSC is fine but all the supporting roads, to the harbour and stuff are all floating above the map.

Edited by Infinite Aerospace

3 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

It doesn't work for me, the KSC is fine but all the supporting roads, to the harbour and stuff are all floating above the map.

The harbour? That's from a different mod. KSR by itself only adds some hangars and taxiways to the KSC. That's an issue with another Kerbal Konstructs mod.

2 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

The harbour? That's from a different mod. KSR by itself only adds some hangars and taxiways to the KSC. That's an issue with another Kerbal Konstructs mod.

It's from Kerbin Side Remastered with the Life Aquatic part I believe.

1 hour ago, WolfieKSP said:

could you make a 10x variant? 

If you download from master on Github there is a wip 10x rescale in the settings.cfg file, terrain should look semi-decent too as i tweaked the noise mods for when the setting is enabled.
its pretty untested though so id love feedback!

18 hours ago, Mrpasta44 said:

If you download from master on Github there is a wip 10x rescale in the settings.cfg file, terrain should look semi-decent too as i tweaked the noise mods for when the setting is enabled.
its pretty untested though so id love feedback!

Whoa, that's great, I'll give it a try

I have a bit of feedback! When I use 10x rescale, the scatterer atmospheres behave weird. It's like their load-in distance is too small. Kerbin's atmosphere disappears if you zoom out farther than the Mun, and it reappears when you zoom in a little closer than the Mun. The fade-in distance is shrunk for all the planets with atmospheres.

54 minutes ago, rheaunderstars said:

When I use 10x rescale, the scatterer atmospheres behave weird

ive noticed this myself, i just gotta do some adjustments to the Load and Unload Distance in the scatterer planetslist.cfg when 10x scale is used.

Oh also, the atmospheres seem like they're scaled weird. Like Duna's atmo is 115 km tall, but kerbin's is only 87 km. Eve's atmo looks like it shrunk to 70 km, and Jool and Laythe's atmospheres are the same size as stock.

29 minutes ago, rheaunderstars said:

the atmospheres seem like they're scaled weird.

Eve, Kerbin and Dunas atmospheres are recalculated for 10x scale, so they will be different but they should act roughly the same when you're in the thick of it.
Nothing else is done yet

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2024 at 6:10 PM, Mrpasta44 said:

Is this issue on this mod's side or on deferred's side?

2 hours ago, SergeantBlueforce said:

Is this issue on this mod's side or on deferred's side?

Both? Deferred has been updated since then and should support the terrain shader in use now, though I'm not totally certain.