Community Highlights #12

Dakota

• Community Manager

image.png

Hey all!

We're back again for another Community Highlights! Sorry I missed the last one and big thanks to Mike for helping cover for me.

Another amazing set of Kerbal engineering to show off this week, including some planes, satellites, probes, and a......blimp?

Did I miss anything? Feel free to let me know in the replies! Or just strut your own stuff, you deserve it!

Dakota

image.png

Dianagearhead

docked_over_duna.png

Comprambler

IMG_20230924_095507_272.jpg

Infinite.Aerospace

Screenshot_2023-04-20_192140.png

dogged_

image.png

Stellar_yt

20230923010224_1.jpg

Daniel_blake

images/GCU923uDCxQloYWSRT0mfBeDcD22-bb

Heretic391

image.png

Dibznr

image.png

Gonb

20230910223957_1.jpg

Mittens

6k2ykzivnanb1.jpg

/u/McFuddle

Kerbal_Space_Program_2_9_9_2023_3_53_24_

Astralminer

ShadowZone (Full video here)

images/MrpVcP4iovNiGcn87MVyEbIcdcr1-5e

benozkey

images/JWP4pv8tgoMhW0b3cQgHJAZQE6r2-71

kuriente

pwwu14bmjulb1.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

/u/Floodop

20230412185141_1.jpg

Space Peacock

Kerbal_Space_Program_2_Screenshot_2023.0

Krzysztof0317

Screenshot_1113.png

Suppise (pls let Bill out of Mun jail)

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit I love these community highlights because not only does it serve as a showcase of the sorta things people can, and do make in the game (though I feel most of the things I make are very conservative compared to some!) but it also shows the game, it's a good looking game and when you consider this is completely vanilla, early on the road and it already looks significant better than the original, even when modded. I mean look at that cloud layer on Jool! It's wonderful. Look at the surface of the Mun, also a big step forward. Look at Duna, it's great! 

Indeed. Already said that multiple time : it's totally OK to find it beautiful enough for a KSP Game / for you / for now, but I can't even imagine how it can objectively considered as beautiful / up to date / etc. This is a big nuance.

And yes, KSP1 fully modded is still a mile ahead of KSP2 : you can consider it "logic" or "not fair", whatever. Or you can even consider it wrong but I would not get it : this is not about aesthetic choices, you can totally prefer the look of KSP2, more cartoonish, saturated, than the KSP1 modded experience which is more aimed at photorealistic so far while keeping the original flavour to my eyes. Nah, even considering this, KSP2 aesthetic is full of flaws, of artifacts, of technical details that are definitely off, be it lightning, texture consistency, lightning, very poor / unequal terrain topology, lightning, clouds, ocean, lightning and lightning as well. This is plenty... "bad", yeah, sorry. It's definitely better than Stock KSP1 but c'mon what's even de point noticing that ?...

I hate the KSP2 look by now, which is personal, and I hate the technical aspect even more, it looks like a unfinished draft with a lot of things that are done wrong, feels "beginner", and definitely not up to date, EVEN for a KSP game. And I fear that this aesthetic won't change much, except thanks to mods when it will be interesting and possible to do so, but if the game dies before, well...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.