Bug Status [12/1]

7 hours ago, PicoSpace said:

For #1, what additional things would you like tested or stats you need? I get it often enough I hopefully can provide some additional data for a fix as its quite annoying.

Reliable reproduction steps, something that they can repeat on their own systems without resorting to people's saves. If you can cause it repeatedly after starting a new game, it would be glorious.

32 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Without an explanation of what is meant by a multi-joint system, my guess is that it's due to physics calculations.

That's advanced words for what autostrut does: unite parts arbitrarily by creating X number of joints between them.

Creating extra joints had a big impact in KSP1, and will have a much heavier impact in KSP2 until they ever get around to fix this one which they said was a "design choice" and then actually began recognizing it for the huge timebomb it is. Autostrut is pretty much high quality fuel to that fire, which is why they didn't "want autostrut" at first but turns out that's the only way to deal with unity's subpar-needs-to-go joint system.

That's the price of having wobble.

19 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

Creating extra joints had a big impact in KSP1, and will have a much heavier impact in KSP2 until they ever get around to fix this one which they said was a "design choice" and then actually began recognizing it for the huge timebomb it is.

Just want to clarify that joint physics (and rigidbody physics) is not being calculated outside of the physics bubble. So the impact of joints on performance only affect the current vessel (and the ones in the physics bubble).

Edited by Spicat

18 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

Extended Landing Legs are Causing a Massive Kick in the Retrograde Direction when in Low Orbit After Disengaging Time Warp

So incredibly happy to see this is fixed. I would absolutely love some insight into this one. It has kept me from regularly playing the game. I've been dying to know the cause!

Edited by Fluke

46 minutes ago, Spicat said:

Just want to clarify that joint physics (and rigidbody physics) is not being calculated outside of the physics bubble. So the impact of joints on performance only affect the current vessel (and the ones in the physics bubble).

Whilst adding joints doesn't scale the issue of worldsim, the mindless addition of extra joints will have an impact. That's as basic as saying a 100 part vessel is gonna perform better than a 200 part vessel. The worldsim problem compounds this. Sadly we can only wait and see how it works when we actually get interstellar ships under acceleration outside the physics bubble, along colonies and stuff.

40 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

it's literally marked as improved for 0.2 in this KERB.

Improvements which remain to be seen and properly analyzed.

1 hour ago, Naterman said:

fixes are awesome, keep em coming! One thing that bugs me that has absolutely no meaning. #17 Navball "stuff". So many words in the English language  and you went with stuff. lol

Isn't that exactly the copypaste of linked report title?

8 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Reliable reproduction steps, something that they can repeat on their own systems without resorting to people's saves. If you can cause it repeatedly after starting a new game, it would be glorious.

Understood!