Pixelated fonts are hard to read

linuxgurugamer

Bug Report

7 answers to this question

This is a specific issue regarding a specific feature of the UI. To this point, I agree Linux, my major gripe with the UI as a whole and find it difficult to parse. The other widely used front is beautiful, it would be amazing if we could get to option to use this font across the whole UI.

Disco Elysium did this wonderfully by allowing users to switch to the font, OpenDyslexic, for readability. Accessibility of product should trump aesthetic in this instance I feel.

I'm running in 1440x900 resolution which is probably lower than most these days, but I find certain text lines almost completely illegible - specifically, stage dV, TWR, and fuel readouts, plus the "location path" label in the upper left (it says something like Kerbin/KSC/VAB).  The part descriptions you see when pressing shift over a part in the VAB is not quite as bad, but I still have to squint to read it.  Overall there's a huge size range between different bits of text.

The pixelated font *might* be ok if we could adjust and standardize the font sizes, but probably any other font (except wingdings) would be more readable.

I have issues with reading it without being less than 2" away from a 32" screen, and it's horrendous in the Key Bindings menu, where it's a light grey blur that is a recognizable character if you are at the mentioned distance and then squint. It would be nice if there was more thought put into accessibility in this regard.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.