'Plant Flag on Pol' Mission Can be Completed on Minmus (or any other CB)

SolarAdmiral

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

I got the Plant Flag on Pol mission completed by planting a flag on Minmus, either in the Arctic Ice or Ice Sheets biome.

Edited by The Space Peacock

40 answers to this question

For QA engineers working on this again,
Alright, doing some investigating, this is another case of the mission conditions being set up incorrectly.
Currently it is set up so the SOI Condition has "IsInput" set to true, which in the case of this condition makes it always be satisfied, instead it should be set up such that "IsInput" is false, "InputString" is "", and "TestWatchedstring" is "Pol"

Edited by cheese3660

4 hours ago, cheese3660 said:

For QA engineers working on this again,
Alright, doing some investigating, this is another case of the mission conditions being set up incorrectly.
Currently it is set up so the SOI Condition has "IsInput" set to true, which in the case of this condition makes it always be satisfied, instead it should be set up such that "IsInput" is false, "InputString" is "", and "TestWatchedstring" is "Pol"

leave some QA for them to do too, will you ;)

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 11 | CPU: i5-10300H | GPU: rtx 3050 (laptop) | RAM16gb

After landing on Minmus and planting a flag, I got a message from Mission Control congratulating me for completing the "Second Dibs: Gold edition" contract. I have never been to Pol and the furthest I ever sent Kerbals was on Minmus. 

For context, I didn't do anything special, I just landed on Minmus's sheet Ice. 

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM32GB

Specs: rtx 2060, r5 5600x, 32GB, win 10

Completed a round trip to Ike for "Three is company", upon returning the second dibs mission was also completed. I did plant a flag on pol, I have not entered pol's SOI on this save.

No idea how to replicate it without starting a new save and going through all the missions unfortunately.

Included Attachments:

Ikelab.meta

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT | RAM15.91 GB

I was attempting to complete the contract for landing 200 tons on Minmus, and after my landing I planted a flag, after which the 'Plant a flag on Pol' contract was completed. I didn't have the contract tracked.

Included Attachments:

I just planted flag at Gilly and i had Pol flag plant mission.

Pol mission marked as completed and i got science reward when i didn't even were there.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: i9-13900K | GPU: RTX 4090 | RAM32GB

Easy science points...just planted the flag on Kerbin...mission completed! &)

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22000) | CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i5-11600KF 3.90GHz (12 CPUs) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti | RAM32GB DDR4 3200MT/s CL16-18-18

Hello, 

I'm loving the game so far but I wanted to report the following bug I ran into with the mission listed in the subject. 

I decided to land a base on Minmus and shortly after landing I planted a flag to name the location and upon my Kerbal planting the flag the mission "Second Dibs: Gold Edition" completed.  This mission requires me to plant a flag on Pol instead of Minmus. The landing on Minmus was straightforward, and I hadn't had a crash or any other bugs prior to this occurring during this play session. 

I planted the flag on the "Minmus Sheet Ice" biome, and I have provided a screenshot of where I landed on Minmus as well as a video of the bug occurring.

I hope this helps with the bug identification and fixing process, and I am looking forward to the next update!

Thank you. 

Included Attachments:

MinmusBugLocation-IceSheet.jpg.baf572c843b8b37fa752148f6dcb68f4.jpg

MinmusBugVideo.mp4

Edited by DibzNr

OS: win 11 pro | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX | RAM32GB

So I was trying to be a bit unorthodox in trying to do the IKE Three Is Company mission after I had to rescue two kerbals from Duna.  I forgot my rescue lander only had 2 crew members, but IKE being so light I thought I would just have Jeb grab the side of the lander can and approach it that way. 

upon landing I failed to get a mission complete but I could do the science.. which I did and then I planted the flag  ..  DING!  mission completed..  patting myself on the back and feeling good about things I checked the mission log... 

I had ding'd POL flag mission..  and not the 3 Kerbals on IKE.   The Kerbal that was on the lander from orbit, completed the mission by planting the flag and yes this was very dodgy and obscure bug to achieve POL.  mission.. I do have a craft orbiting Jool.  Mission was available. After coming back from mission control via the tracking station .. the flag has actually vanished too.

I also reloaded the mission to see if it repeated and also I could land better..  it did and I couldnt kept falling over .. probably kerbal mass on the side

I wanted to transmit the science so switched out jeb and tim.  However 3rd rescue mission now.. probably with a 4 lander can so I can recover this trio :)

Screenshot-2024-01-07-170706.png

Included Attachments:

OS: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29/‎06/‎2022 OS build 19045.3803 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 | CPU: CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Base speed: 3.40 GHz Sockets: 1 Cores: 4 Logical | GPU: GPU 0 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Driver version: 31.0.15.4633 Driver date: 06/12/2023 DirectX | RAMMemory 32.0 GB DDR3 Speed: 1600 MHz Slots used: 4 of 4 Form factor: DIMM Hardware reserved: 4

Severity: Low

Frequency:

Description: I went to the Mun's orbit to decouple 2 satellites with a manned vessel, then returned to Kerbin: I landed in the desert biome and planted a flag. The mission "SECOND DIBS: GOLD EDITION" was successfully completed as the pop-up notification said even though I never went to Pol in this game save - and I was able to collect the reward and received the following mission: ARTIFICIAL SUPERPOWERS.

Included Attachments:

seconddibsbug.json

Just chiming in with the masses. I am guessing that my PC stats will not matter, by now.

I landed on Gilly and planted the flag to receive this Flag Pol achievement. :P

FWIW I had watched a player on YouTube the day before plant a flag on Minmus to receive this achievement...

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i7 | GPU: Geforce 1080 | RAM12GB

Frequency: Have not tried to reproduce yet.

Severity: low

Issue:

After completing a mission to the Eye of Dres and planting a flag next to the Ultimate Quarter Pipe (which the surface sample only gave me four science for) it gave me the notification that I had completed a mission. I hadn’t unlocked the eye of dres mission yet so I was very confused. Upon entering Mission Control it turned out that it had shown the Pol flag mission as completed…

I was very not on Pol

For right now. I haven’t tried replication but the steps should follow what I just described.

Included Attachments: