Alarm Clock Mod [1.2.0]

meckryl

Create alarms that will interrupt time warp, allowing you to juggle transfer windows and other time sensitive moments in the middle of time warping for other missions!

NOTE: As of 1/8, I have released 1.2.0 and changed the keybind to toggle the window to no longer conflict with the trim keybind. The new keybind is alt+` (the key right below esc on most keyboards)

How to use: Find it in the app bar, or use Alt-` to toggle the window.

Based on this mod for KSP1.

image.png?ex=65a5e4ae&is=65936fae&hm=1b2

Releases:

Source: https://github.com/meckryl/AlarmClockForKSP2 (MIT License)

v1.2.0:

• Added a new type of alarm, Timer, which creates an alarm a specified distance in the future rather than an absolute universe time
  • Renamed "Custom Alarm" to "Universe Time"
  • Implemented Alexmoon's lambert solver to make transfer window calculations more accurate, especially when aiming for bodies with highly eccentric orbits
  • Added a WIP settings menu. Currently this holds one functional option, which is to control the offset for transfer window alarms (How far in advance you want to be notified to get your rocket up into a parking orbit)
  • CHANGED THE KEYBIND FROM ALT+A TO ALT+` (The key right under ESC on most keyboards). The old shortcut conflicted with the set trim keybind.
Edited by meckryl
Updated mod

v0.2.0

Added buttons to create alarms for when the active vessel will reach the next maneuver node or SOI change, as well as made a bunch of back end changes that should hopefully make improving the currently really bad UI much easier

1 hour ago, GeneralKenobi said:

Bug Report:

When you have an alarm active, using "Warp To Maneuver" no longer works. The time warp will skip past the maneuver without stopping.

...uh oh, that shouldn't happen.

When this happened, was the maneuver node you were warping to anywhere near the alarm you had set? Also, if you can remember, were you warping a few hours to a day, or was it more like weeks or longer? I'll do my best to figure out what's going on and have that fixed for the next release.

It would be very helpful if you could have an alarm start early by some user stated offset. When you set the alarm for a maneuver node sometimes the ship needs time to orient to the maneuver. When the alarm goes off and the game pauses on the exact time the burn is late when the ship has to orient to the burn before executing.

1 hour ago, NikorTaron said:

It would be very helpful if you could have an alarm start early by some user stated offset. When you set the alarm for a maneuver node sometimes the ship needs time to orient to the maneuver. When the alarm goes off and the game pauses on the exact time the burn is late when the ship has to orient to the burn before executing.

The old Alarmclock is not rebuild in just one day^^, but yeah offset would be nice.

Also another nice addition would be to have the custom alarm in relative time rather than universetime.

About the UI that is KSP2 default style I guess?

Thanks so much for making this mod!

I'm sure you already have a lot on your plate working on this but showing the alarms with how much time is left till them rather than the universal game time would be super useful! Also being able to have recurring timers, like one that goes off every 7 days for launches etc.

7 hours ago, Mitchz95 said:

How do I install this? The readme said to extract the .zip into the Installation folder but that doesn't seem to have done anything.

KyAzpJR.png

This is just a folder for user save data, your installation folder will generally be in the Steam library location, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2. Then you'll want to extract just the contents of the zip file into it (so the BepInEx folder that you'll find inside the zip), but make sure you first install all the dependencies, like SpaceWarp and UITK for KSP2. The easiest way to get all this done would be using CKAN, which installs all necessary dependencies and mod updates for you.

4 minutes ago, Mitchz95 said:

How do I install this? The readme said to extract the .zip into the Installation folder but that doesn't seem to have done anything.

KyAzpJR.png

The easiest way to install is with CKAN. But if you want to do it yourself, there's a few steps. First, the installation folder that mods use isn't this one, it's the one that Steam links to (usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2. You then need to follow the installation instructions for SpaceWarp, and after you do that, THEN you should be able to extract from the installation folder and everything will work. But seriously, it's waaaaaay easier to use CKAN.

26 minutes ago, GoatBOT said:

I seem to be having an issue with setting an alarm for a transfer window Kerbin->Jool.  Upon hitting confirm, I get the beep sound but no alarm is generated.

Oh no. What date are you currently at in your save? I'll see if I can replicate the issue and then work on a fix. Also, I'm a bit confused about what beep sound you're hearing, I haven't made any audio for the mod.

Apologies, I didnt note that down when it occured.  Currently at 27y160d now, I believe I was roughly 128 days before that when I attempted. The beep I'm assuming is the standard gui confirmation.

1 minute ago, GoatBOT said:

Apologies, I didnt note that down when it occured.  Currently at 27y160d now, I believe I was roughly 128 days before that when I attempted. The beep I'm assuming is the standard gui confirmation.

I'm not using the game's GUI though, there definitely shouldn't be any sounds. Just to be absolutely sure, you are doing this through the alarm clock window right? 

@GoatBOT I am nearly certain I have found and fixed the issue. Basically what was happening is, the alarm clock always tries to give a time that's one day (or some other offset that you set in the settings menu) before the "best" timing it can see in the near future. However, for a decent bit of year 27 (and plenty of other timings with other planets), the best window is IMMEDIATELY. What happens then is, the alarm would end up being set a day in the past, which can't happen, so it would just seem like nothing happened. Definitely an oversight on my part when I added in the offset settings.

I just uploaded a fix to the issue, so if you're using CKAN you should see that update soon. What happens now is, the transfer calculator looks whatever amount your offset is into the future; so, if you keep it as the default 1 day, it will only start considering times one day into the future. If that's the best time it can find, then it will create an alarm just a few seconds away, so that you get feedback telling you that now is a good window to launch.