Developer Insights #23 - Black Hole Sun

9 hours ago, Oak7603 said:

The point I was clearly making was that as a whole, the studio should be working towards fixing the small things that have a big impact

They each have their own specialties, so they can't really all work on these problems at the same time, but your point about the small things is very well-taken.  The current behavior of the UI in map mode is a perfect example of that. How hard could it possibly be for them to fix the way that various informational pop-up windows always obscure the info you really want to see in such a manner that you can't close them, rearrange them,  or rotate the view to get them out of the way?  How does a simple but incredibly annoying bug like that survive even a few hours of play testing? It's hard not to get the idea sometimes that they actually hate us and are deliberately taunting us with things like this.

Edited by herbal space program

1 minute ago, herbal space program said:

They each have their own specialties, so they can't really all work on these problems at the same time, but your point about the small things is very well-taken.  The current behavior of the UI in map mode is a perfect example of that. How hard could it possibly be for them to fix the way that various informational pop-up windows always obscure the info you really want to see in such a manner that you can't close them or rotate the view to get them out of the way?  How does a simple but incredibly annoying bug like that survive even a few hours of play testing? It's hard not to get the idea sometimes that they actually hate us and are deliberately taunting us with things like this.

This is exactly why I have told them multiple times in the past why they need to sit down and just play the game, organically, like any other player. No amount of silo'ed test cases will make this kind of thing apparent to the testers who clearly have no prior KSP experience.

They do appear to be actually doing this now, so hopefully in time it will bear fruit.

A large amount of off topic material has been removed.

Comments on numerous other topics (most of which have been discussed to death elsewhere) are not what this thread is about.  Some of these include wobble, the gaming industry,  and arguing about arguing.

For those who passionately want to discuss rocket wobble or some other topic unrelated to this one, please do feel free to find an appropriate thread or start a new thread for such discussions.

There were also a number of comments containing personal remarks including comments which are demeaning, denigrating, or implying ill intent of another member.  Such remarks are forbidden on this forum and have been removed.

Please keep all comments respectful towards all members of this forum.

Thank you for your understanding,
Forum Moderation Team

This post is filler at best... Dakota had seen them, replied to them... Yet you saw an issue?  Crazy that you even deleted their posts too.

Edited by TickleMyMary

5 hours ago, Starhawk said:

A large amount of off topic material has been removed.

Comments on numerous other topics (most of which have been discussed to death elsewhere) are not what this thread is about.  Some of these include wobble, the gaming industry,  and arguing about arguing.

For those who passionately want to discuss rocket wobble or some other topic unrelated to this one, please do feel free to find an appropriate thread or start a new thread for such discussions.

There were also a number of comments containing personal remarks including comments which are demeaning, denigrating, or implying ill intent of another member.  Such remarks are forbidden on this forum and have been removed.

Please keep all comments respectful towards all members of this forum.

Forum Moderation Team

So am I allowed to start a new thread discussing our frustration with this Dev Blog, or will that get nuked? You can't just mod a thread and nuke half the posts because it was not directly related to some positive response to the topic. You absolutely deleted comments that were not demeaning, not denigrating, and not implying ill intent of another member. I'll chalk that up to some overzealous clicks / accident, because the alternative to it being an accident on your part is alarmingly concerning. You posted something on a community forum (aka a place for open discussion to engage with and hear from your community), and the community responded, and you nuked their constructive comments? Like I said in the other thread, blows my mind.

By all means, remove posts that fall under the demeaning, denigrating, and all other rules, but this is a huge misstep for community trust. I'm not saying this angrily, I'm saying this with a lot of shock and disappointment.

More posts removed. Stick to the topic of the thread, please. If you wish to protest moderation send us a PM or contact the community managers, because it is not the subject of this thread. 

On 4/5/2024 at 8:53 PM, Dakota said:

Every communication is met with positive and negative responses. The share varies, but there's always going to be contrasting voices. Each platform has its biases, but also remember that the majority of players don't actively engage on the forums/reddit/discord/etc.  We have to take that into consideration when judging sentiment response to actions as well. I told Mike earlier today that I guessed that this dev blog's sentiment would have be 40% positive, 30% mixed, and 30% negative - and I think I was right.

Definitely agree with this. Would rather there be critical responses to our work than nothing at all. Y'all care about Kerbal and the future of KSP2 and it shows!

---

Mike and I are working on it and we think you're going to like the changes we plan to make.

But keep telling us what you want - what you want to know about, who from, in what form, etc. It really helps :)

I really appreciate the info but especially with the last KERB with you stating "We will be sharing more things relating to colonies", and only getting small leaks over a period of 4 months that share almost no info regarding colonies is what truly are upset about.  I really hope we get more info in the next week/two because the silence is still not justified even long periods of developments. Even small tid-bits of info would be appreicated when you pop up in the discord channels.  

All respect to the team, I just believe the community really really wants the info regarding colonies that has been promised.

Imagine if the game had an astronomical event tracker which would show when the eclipse is going to happen, there would be some beautiful, otherworldly effects when you look at it and maybe you could do some science experiments.

Imagine if another planet than Kerbin had them and if you had a colony there you could do some community science like NASA did just now: https://science.nasa.gov/get-involved/citizen-science/more-than-36000-volunteers-helped-do-nasa-eclipse-science/