[APRIL FOOLS] The Empire Strikes Back: KSP2 Adopts Imperial Units

11 hours ago, jclovis3 said:

What does 10.273lbs 9oz actually convey? That is not how the imperial system works. Where'd you guys go to school? Canada? To see what I'm asking about, look at that 4th photo showing the fractions on some other parts.

Okay, true story. I went into Starbucks one time and asked for a Pint-o-Pumpkin-Latte. The young lady looked up at me and said we don't use metric here.

Starbucks has their own measurement system, based on mangling Italian numbers.

So really there are 3 competing systems: Imperial, Metric, and Basic B.... oh wait the filter won't allow that. Just "Basic" then. :D

if we gonna throw things together..

still feel like we are this far in into colonies before release

2XXy9mn.png

just having models ready doesn't mean the code let alone the game itself can handle colonies/parts.

split in 1/10th at this point.

Edited by Stephensan

21 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I wonder how much work it would involve to use a fibonacci sequence when calculating distances.

Actually I found this intriguing, so I did some research. You CAN convert mile to km and km to mile in terms of Fibonacci sequences. It is because the conversion ratio between km and miles is almost the same as the Golden Ratio (1.609 km/mi and GR ~1.618), which the Fibonacci sequences approach the GR as the numbers get larger. And in Space terms we usually are dealing with very large numbers for distance. Unless we are using AUs or LYRs. Though if we are just displaying the distance value in terms of Fibonacci sequences, then the display readout would need to be "HUGE". Example: Instead of "100 km", it would be "3,8,89 Fb" Which are the Fibonacci sequence numbers that total 100. So something that is 1,000,000,000 km, would be a LONG sequence. But hey, why not. Everything else takes forever in this game. ;p

TBH I'd rather like a way to swap the speed measurements to mph, or at least km/h for rovers. It'd be very handy for being able to intuit if you're travelling at dangerously fast speeds.

I mean, I can convert between m/s and mph well enough just not in the spur of the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can we have both and more units(including NM). Then add the conversion so people get used to them and learn them. Could be cool if each was in it's appropriate place by default. Like NM and other over the oceans etc. Then have options for which ones you want where. And have a mode for all measurements as a learning tool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.