Is Intercept Games being shut down?

ColdJ

3 minutes ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

IMO the only one who treated this with integrity was Scott Manley. Once he smelled something rotten he stopped covering the game entirely rather than resorting to mental gymnastics and try to assess what’s truth and what is a lie. 
The game is simply nothing like promised, and has been like that for years.

Again this argument that if you’re not a game developer you can’t have a say, and if you’re not a journalist you can’t call out a liar. 
sorry but this is a simplistic look at things. Others have covered a lot about what was said and what was actually done if any. 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again this argument that if you’re not a game developer you can’t have a say, and if you’re not a journalist you can’t call out a liar. 
sorry but this is a simplistic look at things. Others have covered a lot about what was said and what was actually done if any. 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally read something about someone who has blood in their veins!

39 minutes ago, dprostock said:

Shadowzone is one of those who believe that they will no longer answer his cell phone if he speaks badly or tells the truth. The problem is that the people who answered his messages received the check for the end of tasks and he has been left spinning like a top. 

He's having a hard time publicly admitting that he's been duped, or knowing where things were going, he also stretched the circus for pure publicity. I think it was the latter, I knew well that this was going to die this year.

I'd say it was pretty unbiased and that those angered by the video were just looking for vitriol.

3 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'd say it was pretty unbiased and that those angered by the video were just looking for vitriol.

The Shadowzone abandoned impartiality when it mentioned that it had doubts about the multiplayer environment and that there was no reference for how it was going to be approached. After that, I go on to celebrate Nate's interventions and NEVER AGAIN TOUCHED ON THE SUBJECT. 

His dreams of reaching the channel's goal before the end of the year were shattered. 

1 minute ago, dprostock said:

The Shadowzone abandoned impartiality when it mentioned that it had doubts about the multiplayer environment and that there was no reference for how it was going to be approached. After that, I go on to celebrate Nate's interventions and NEVER AGAIN TOUCHED ON THE SUBJECT. 

His dreams of reaching the channel's goal before the end of the year were shattered. 

Okay, so you're just looking for vitriol. Unbiased sources probably won't give you any.

Why are we discussing a failed youtuber's "career" of trying to keep his livelyhood alive at the cost of any integrity in yet another thread about the closure of intercept?

This is just wildly off-topic.

1 minute ago, PDCWolf said:

Why are we discussing a failed youtuber's "career" of trying to keep his livelyhood alive at the cost of any integrity in yet another thread about the closure of intercept?

This is just wildly off-topic.

Are you totally sure they're not connected?  

Just now, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

So if someone disagrees with you then they are looking for vitriol.

hows that for unbiased?

If someone's angry over SZ not being overly pessimistic and angry, then it's not outside the realm of possibility they're looking for vitriol.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

If someone's angry over SZ not being overly pessimistic and angry, then it's not outside the realm of possibility they're looking for vitriol.

Who’s angry? I’m not.

did I label you for having an opinion other than my own?

You did that with me but I’m not bothered.

i am however bothered when you don’t like your medicine. 

anyway so this doesn’t get me banned maybe we call It a day and agree to disagree or whatever is appropriate around here to end a heated talk. 

Edited by GGG-GoodGuyGreg

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

You are just making an assumption that is IG. We already know there was a separate  unannounced product in development but we have zero idea who or how many people were working on it, if it was a separate team, etc. 

Also PD supposedly has 5 floors worth of office space at that location. 70 people is not 5 floors worth of office space .

That unannounced project almost definitely would have been cut first over KSP2. So unless you actually know that locations internal structure and headcount, you don’t actually know anything. 

It's not an assumption - Bloomberg confirmed it on 5/1, and it's been reported via other news outlets.

Just now, panarchist said:

It's not an assumption - Bloomberg confirmed it on 5/1, and it's been reported via other news outlets.

I did not see anything in that Bloomberg article that we all had not read / learned on our own... Sure, they've probably stated the "most likely scenario", but there were no new facts / official statements (in the article) that would suggest they 'know more' than us.

3 minutes ago, dprostock said:

Are you totally sure they're not connected?  

I'd be amazed if anything ShadowZone says has any weight anywhere. He's been proven wrong again and again. You can be positive and all but at some point you're just out to collect Ls, and maybe the ad money for making clickbait thumbnails and videos. Honestly even the ad money isn't a lot considering KSP2 content is a proven waste of time for most youtubers, as you can clearly see if it's not about his (or any youtubers') cold/hot take on a game update, it doesn't gather any views.

All the current hopium, ShadowZone included, is hooked on "they didn't literally mention IG was closed", which is pretty much the same as "you can't prove god isn't real" and the same as "they didn't promise this or that". People love to get overly technical and nitpicky when it's their favorite thing or their hot opinion being threatened.

We're at the bargaining stage of grief, changing our chips of "they didn't mention ig", "maybe they can keep making the game if this unicorn scenario happened", and so on. I'd say it's time we move, as a collective, to depression and acceptance because this stage is the most bothersome.

8 minutes ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

Who’s angry? I’m not.

did I label you for having an opinion other than my own?

You did that with me but I’m not bothered.

i am however bothered when you don’t like your medicine. 

1. Neither am I

2. No, but you appear to take things personally; I never referred to you.

C. Refer to 2

4. I do not see how your idiom applies, I'm simply saying what I see.

10 minutes ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

anyway so this doesn’t get me banned maybe we call It a day and agree to disagree or whatever is appropriate around here to end a heated talk. 

Oh okay, goodbye o7

18 minutes ago, dprostock said:

The Shadowzone abandoned impartiality when it mentioned that it had doubts about the multiplayer environment

Which is no different than half the people on this forum.  A lot of people have serious doubts about whether or not multiplayer was ever going to make it, or that it was in development.  It literally became a joke and a heated talking point (yes, at the same time) over images that were shown in...gosh, I don't remember if it was in an AMA or just a video or even a dev blog.  But the point is that we were shown multiplayer screenshots, but since then...zero.  SZ calling out the developers for this isn't a new thing; you can go through multiple forum posts from multiple people and see the same things.

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Which is no different than half the people on this forum.  A lot of people have serious doubts about whether or not multiplayer was ever going to make it, or that it was in development.  It literally became a joke and a heated talking point (yes, at the same time) over images that were shown in...gosh, I don't remember if it was in an AMA or just a video or even a dev blog.  But the point is that we were shown multiplayer screenshots, but since then...zero.  SZ calling out the developers for this isn't a new thing; you can go through multiple forum posts from multiple people and see the same things.

Are you telling me that you knew that MULTIPLAYER was a bluff and was just the hook to promote in KSP2 in its early days?

Where were you in 2021 when I spoke out in that way and was suspended for a week with the threat that if I continued with that and other issues that I had raised, my account would be closed? 

8 minutes ago, Flush Foot said:

I did not see anything in that Bloomberg article that we all had not read / learned on our own... Sure, they've probably stated the "most likely scenario", but there were no new facts / official statements (in the article) that would suggest they 'know more' than us.

That's fair, but Bloomberg didn't characterize it as "most likely", they were more definitive with their language than that. You can make your own decision on how reliable Bloomberg is as a source, but that's not an "assumption" - it's an unproven statement. In any case, it's pretty clear from the information we do have that TTI is either closing the IG office and laying off the employees, or they have ~70 remote employees who live in Seattle who are about to lose their jobs - or some combination of the two. I suspect Bloomberg isn't making things up.

1 minute ago, dprostock said:

Are you telling me that you knew that MULTIPLAYER was a bluff and was just the hook to promote in KSP2 in its early days?

Nope.  I'm saying that a large portion of the forums and user-base called FOUL upon seeing the images, and there were doubts even before those images came out that multiplayer was a joke.  Me, I don't give a rat's patootie about multiplayer; I don't do MP games because they all, without fail, invariably turn into some form of PvP where veterans lurk near spawn points and shoot down unsuspecting new players and then laugh about it.

But back on topic - I never said I knew anything.  I said what is common knowledge - a large part of the forums were skeptical.

Where were you in 2021 when I spoke out in that way and was suspended for a week with the threat that if I continued with that and other issues that I had raised, my account would be closed? 

Right here on the forums.  Considering I have zero idea who you are, I'm gonna say I was probably smack-dab in the middle of I-don't-even-know-you-and-have-no-clue-what-you're-talking-about-ville.

1 minute ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Nope.  I'm saying that a large portion of the forums and user-base called FOUL upon seeing the images, and there were doubts even before those images came out that multiplayer was a joke.  Me, I don't give a rat's patootie about multiplayer; I don't do MP games because they all, without fail, invariably turn into some form of PvP where veterans lurk near spawn points and shoot down unsuspecting new players and then laugh about it.

But back on topic - I never said I knew anything.  I said what is common knowledge - a large part of the forums were skeptical.

Right here on the forums.  Considering I have zero idea who you are, I'm gonna say I was probably smack-dab in the middle of I-don't-even-know-you-and-have-no-clue-what-you're-talking-about-ville.

Boy, don't be mad. At the end of the day, you were the one who bought the mailbox from the US Post Office and you are still waiting for the certificate of ownership to be sent to you. 

Boy, don't be mad. At the end of the day, you were the one who bought the mailbox from the US Post Office and you are still waiting for the certificate of ownership to be sent to you. 

I'm...not?  And I'm not sure why you think I am?  You made a statement about SZ and his being impartial over MP, and I countered that.  Simple.  No anger there.  Well, none other than the anger you brought to the table, because I have none.

4 minutes ago, dprostock said:

Ok now I have to ask for the initiated, unless it’s just me lol, but I don’t get the mailbox reference. :blink:

16 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I see it very hard to solve the time warp issue with multiplayer.  Say one player goes down with an lander on Duna with another is in the mothership. 
Real time passes during reentry, surface operations like driving or walking to location and perhaps back. 
Yes the one in orbit could do something else like upgrading the Mun base and jump back for the docking and refueling of lander. 
Long time warps and getting them synchronized is another issue.  

1 minute ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I'm...not?  And I'm not sure why you think I am?  You made a statement about SZ and his being impartial over MP, and I countered that.  Simple.  No anger there.  Well, none other than the anger you brought to the table, because I have none.

In the end everything was revealed and the pieces fell into place.

I came here to have fun.

I'm one of those who tend to dance on graves. 

Ok now I have to ask for the initiated, unless it’s just me lol, but I don’t get the mailbox reference. :blink:

It is an expression of my homeland. Newly arrived immigrants were "sold" the rights to exploit the mailboxes found on the streets. Poor people... all swindled in the land that was to be your promised land. 

3 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

I see it very hard to solve the time warp issue with multiplayer.  Say one player goes down with an lander on Duna with another is in the mothership. 
Real time passes during reentry, surface operations like driving or walking to location and perhaps back. 
Yes the one in orbit could do something else like upgrading the Mun base and jump back for the docking and refueling of lander. 
Long time warps and getting them synchronized is another issue.  

Inconsequential, unfortunately. Discovered at first and abandoned. You'll never see anything about it.

1 minute ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

A nomad?

Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm too obese to get around! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Posted (edited)

Just for the record SZ has been very critical and skeptical of decisions and communication about the game. He’s just been hopeful they could turn it around. We don’t know what the outcome will be in the fine detail but he was pretty clear in his last vid that none of it sounds good. No matter what a lot of folks have lost their jobs and that really sucks. 

Edited by Pthigrivi