Summary: KSP2 Development Timeline (What We Know)

45 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

Paradox is run by someone who might as well be Strauss Zelnick's brother. Check out the whole issue of Cities II being released prematurely to fill a hole on their quarterly earnings report, then when it flopped, they cut their losses because it would cost too much to make the game work. Sounds really similar to KSP2 to me, lol.

What do you mean about them cutting their losses? CS2 is still under active development as far as I know, they're very much working on making the game work.

2 hours ago, Mutex said:

What do you mean about them cutting their losses? CS2 is still under active development as far as I know, they're very much working on making the game work.

Well, that's the problem, they should release a working game in the first place. I am not spending a dime ever on this publisher again after a trail of half-finished DLC ripoffs.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hendrack said:

Well, that's the problem, they should release a working game in the first place. I am not spending a dime ever on this publisher again after a trail of half-finished DLC ripoffs.

Unlike TTI/PD/IG, Paradox and Colossal Order made arrangements to compensate their fans and make amends for their mistakes. They are still actively working on the game to bring it to their customers standards.

The only real difference between the two games are KSP2 dev is in limbo and CS2 is still being actively developed.

This isn't the first time I've seen and heard about mismanagement for a game developer. This won't be the last. Too bad it was for a beloved niche game. Ceis la vie.

Edited by shdwlrd

On 5/29/2024 at 5:36 AM, Meecrob said:

I thought we narrowed the name down to either "Kay Ess Pee" or "Labrek Space Program"

Paradox is run by someone who might as well be Strauss Zelnick's brother. Check out the whole issue of Cities II being released prematurely to fill a hole on their quarterly earnings report, then when it flopped, they cut their losses because it would cost too much to make the game work. Sounds really similar to KSP2 to me, lol.

I haven't played Skylines 2, but I like almost all their other games. Very sad if they are the bad guys now.

On 5/29/2024 at 6:48 PM, FreeThinker said:

source: ksp2 modding society discord

If we have to read the musings of this random Discord user and you nor they were able to find/link the very public statement from Maxsimal, then where is it? "Something my buddy said on Discord" isn't a source.

• 1 month later...

Thank you @The Space Peacock for aggregating the information and thank you @ShadowZone for your colossal investigation.

For a long time I've been patiently waiting for something like this to happen.

I've translated this article to Russian for our fellow Russian speaking kerbonauts providing the respectful credits.

It must've been a titanic work to aggregate the info and especially to gather it. Again, thank you both.

Edited by atomontage