One month and counting

13 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

And if we read the bit you quoted... "someone you believe is a troll" vs "someone who is a troll" :)

So you are claiming to not be a troll? What are you then? Someone who does not understand the concept of debate?

It is customary to prove one's assertions, otherwise we are left thinking you are speaking out of your behind.

14 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'll retract my claim as soon as you show me a build of the game that loads in a few seconds, can handle thousands of parts without turning into a slideshow, and doesn't implode if a Kerbal ragdolls in just the right way.

Look, nobody but you cares about your standard of what KSP should be. I get that you want to be edgy and not go with the flow, but your schtick is boring and repetitive. Good trolls are funny. You are not. 

Edited by Meecrob

22 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'll retract my claim as soon as you show me a build of the game that loads in a few seconds, can handle thousands of parts without turning into a slideshow, and doesn't implode if a Kerbal ragdolls in just the right way.

Again, the point here - that you initially made, by the way - isn't whether or not the game works, but whether or not it can be fixed.  You have asserted that the game cannot be fixed so that it works, not that it simply doesn't work.  Here, let me show you the actual post you made that started this whole thing: 

On 6/8/2024 at 8:49 AM, Bej Kerman said:

There's no fixing KSP 1.

So there you have it.  You stated that KSP cannot be fixed, but are now trying to say the game doesn't work.  Which is it?  Do you assert that the game cannot be fixed, or would you like to admit you have gone off on a tangent and are now talking about the game doesn't have a working build?

Just now, Scarecrow71 said:
26 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Again, the point here - that you initially made, by the way - isn't whether or not the game works, but whether or not it can be fixed.  You have asserted that the game cannot be fixed so that it works, not that it simply doesn't work.  Here, let me show you the actual post you made that started this whole thing: 

On 6/8/2024 at 4:49 PM, Bej Kerman said:

There's no fixing KSP 1.

So there you have it.  You stated that KSP cannot be fixed, but are now trying to say the game doesn't work.  Which is it?  Do you assert that the game cannot be fixed, or would you like to admit you have gone off on a tangent and are now talking about the game doesn't have a working build?

I'll believe it can be fixed when it is. Otherwise it's just modders talking big about how they can optimise everything.

14 minutes ago, Meecrob said:
27 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

And if we read the bit you quoted... "someone you believe is a troll" vs "someone who is a troll" :)

So you are claiming to not be a troll? What are you then? Someone who does not understand the concept of debate?

It is customary to prove one's assertions, otherwise we are left thinking you are speaking out of your behind.

27 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Look, nobody but you cares about your standard of what KSP should be. I get that you want to be edgy and not go with the flow, but your schtick is boring and repetitive. Good trolls are funny. You are not. 

Okay. How are your talks with T2's CEO going?

5 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'll believe it can be fixed when it is. Otherwise it's just modders talking big about how they can optimise everything.

Confidential. Stop trying to weasel your way out of replying. Go on, use your words and reply to what people are asking of you.

3 minutes ago, Meecrob said:
10 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Confidential.

I take it he's not accepting your offer of 2 vintage bottle caps and a yo-yo.

17 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

And you are still ducking the question.  What proof do you have that the game cannot be fixed?  At this point, I simply believe you just believe it can't, have no proof it can't, and don't want to admit either of those.  If you would just admit that you have no proof, we could let this go and get on with things.  But the longer you hold onto the claim without answering the question, the worse the look for you gets.

44 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Some people want things that are just never going to happen.  I've played through the KSP2 exploration mode campaign, and overall it wasn't too bad.  Definitely some bugs, plenty of rough edges, but perfectly playable.  Performance was reasonable and perfectly playable on my mid range hardware.  (Intel 12500, RTX 3050 64GB ram).   Admittedly my largest craft was probably only 100 or so parts, so nothing really large.  

It desperately needs some QoL improvements, but those could have come during early access.  A better maneuverer node editor, an alarm clock with the ability to add transfer dates.  The worst problem was landed craft jumping off the ground and falling over when you left or returned to their physics bubble.

51 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Linux is unfixable too. Never seen it working properly.

Linux works fine.  I've been using it since 2002.  Works fine, just don't expect it supplant Windows on the desktop anytime soon.

47 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Where is your proof it can be fixed?

As I've stated before, I've never made the claim that it can be.  I even quoted myself where I responded to you indicating that I'm not saying it can or can't be.  YOU made the claim that it cannot be fixed.  The burden of proof for that claim is on you.  It doesn't rest with anyone else.  If you make a claim, you need to back it up.

At this point, I'm just going to live with the assumption that you are being intentionally obtuse and trolling the thread.  Which is fine; I will simply believe that you are incapable of reading comprehension, are not interested in having a legitimate discussion where you answer to your own statements, and that you are simply here to cause trouble because you want others to feel as bad as you do.  I will, to your detriment, continue to ask you to answer the question of providing proof, and I'll state again that I haven't made the claim that it can be fixed (even though you've proven multiple times that you either don't read my posts OR that you are intentionally ignoring what I've written because you cannot admit when you are wrong).

Edited by Scarecrow71

11 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

As I've stated before, I've never made the claim that it can be.  I even quoted myself where I responded to you indicating that I'm not saying it can or can't be.  YOU made the claim that it cannot be fixed.  The burden of proof for that claim is on you.  It doesn't rest with anyone else.  If you make a claim, you need to back it up.

At this point, I'm just going to live with the assumption that you are being intentionally obtuse and trolling the thread.  Which is fine; I will simply believe that you are incapable of reading comprehension, are not interested in having a legitimate discussion where you answer to your own statements, and that you are simply here to cause trouble because you want others to feel as bad as you do.  I will, to your detriment, continue to ask you to answer the question of providing proof, and I'll state again that I haven't made the claim that it can be fixed (even though you've proven multiple times that you either don't read my posts OR that you are intentionally ignoring what I've written because you cannot admit when you are wrong).

The burden of evidence is on all the people who came before me saying they could spit-polish the game if given access to the source code.

13 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I will, to your detriment, continue to ask you to answer the question of providing proof

Oh dear.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

You figured it out all on your own, did you now? You deserve a star :rep:

Any chance of you answering a question or are you going to continue to be unfunny?

22 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

The burden of evidence is on all the people who came before me saying they could spit-polish the game if given access to the source code.

I will agree that anyone who said that the game can be fixed should provide evidence to support their side of the argument.  However, you made the claim that it cannot be fixed.  Which means you are then bound by your own statement there that you should provide evidence to support your claim if given access to the source code.

That street runs both directions, Bej.

2 minutes ago, Meecrob said:
1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

You figured it out all on your own, did you now? You deserve a star :rep:

Any chance of you answering a question or are you going to continue to be unfunny?

I didn't realise I was supposed to be playing a comedian for you.

1 minute ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Which is why I'm still waiting for people, such as Lisias making claims about how the game can be fixed with some tweaks, to come back with footage of the game not sucking on a technical level.

4 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

You are just feeding a brick wall. You will never get a satisfying response so better off ignoring. Every time you reply they win a little victory for themselves.

3 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

You are just feeding a brick wall. You will never get a satisfying response so better off ignoring. Every time you reply they win a little victory for themselves.

But Scarecrow said it was to my detriment :P

3 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

But Scarecrow said it was to my detriment :P

Looks like the patch just dropped. Smell ya later.

24 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Which is why I'm still waiting for people, such as Lisias making claims about how the game can be fixed with some tweaks, to come back with footage of the game not sucking on a technical level.

My guess is that, because I called you out first, they are waiting on you to answer the question before they do.  And considering they could use the argument "Well, we've got mods that fix this stuff, so it can be assumed you can add that code to the underlying code", you are really up against it here.

Again, I assert that you have no reason other than you simply don't believe it can be done.  If that's the case, just admit it and let's all move on.

3 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:
29 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

My guess is that, because I called you out first, they are waiting on you to answer the question before they do.  And considering they could use the argument "Well, we've got mods that fix this stuff, so it can be assumed you can add that code to the underlying code", you are really up against it here.

If there's a mod that fixes inefficient fuel flow calculations or how bad the game is with high part counts, I'd like to see it already.

4 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Again, I assert that you have no reason other than you simply don't believe it can be done.  If that's the case, just admit it and let's all move on.

Did I not already do that?

6 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

If there's a mod that fixes inefficient fuel flow calculations or how bad the game is with high part counts, I'd like to see it already.

To be fair I wouldn't mind the updates Nate said were coming, that memory usage (VRAM most of all) one would do the game a world of good. 

11 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

If you did, then I probably missed it in all the other sarcastic one-liner "you not me" comments you made.  If I did, that's on me for not seeing it.

This thread left the actual topic some time back, but in answer to the original question, what's going on is that they're still working on the game, albeit quietly.