Avalanche Plumes (A waterfall Mod for Solid Rocket Boosters)

Posted (edited)

screenshot9.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supported Mods:

Artemis Construction Kit
Bluedog Design Bureau
Chrayol Design Org
CRE
GemstoneLV
H2
KNES
KODS
PhotonCorp
Restock
SSAUCE
Tantares

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEPENDENCIES (The mod will NOT work without these):

Requires: Module Manager, Waterfall, Smokescreen
Incompatible
: Realplume

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to:

Adiri (For Developing RSMP)
DanGaffa (For Hosting RSMP
Zorg (Helping with the smoke configs)
Kerbal Comunity 

DOWNLOAD 

[Spacedock Download]
[Github Download]

License: CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0

Edited by Kochi
discord hosting stopped working

3 hours ago, ggolb said:

Are the strong plumes after flameout intentional? Because it is kinda annoying me that staged srbs are like spinning flamethrowers

Yes, as the the plumes behave semi-realistically now.

12 hours ago, bigyihsuan said:

Will this come to CKAN?

Already requested it to be added

10 hours ago, BSS_Snag said:

@Kochi when reading the installation instructions off github, it tells you to remove realplume, but in the readme.md its says the mod require realplume. You might want to clarify https://imgur.com/a/IwAWKCR

yea mb thats the rsmp readme i forgot to remove

9 hours ago, ggolb said:

Are the strong plumes after flameout intentional? Because it is kinda annoying me that staged srbs are like spinning flamethrowers

yes its part of the new flameout plume

3 hours ago, IO said:

You have .git folder bundled in the zip.

thanks for the heads up gonna fix it 

7 minutes ago, urturino said:

Hi. Great mod, i can finally have Waterfall on SRBs.

I have a minor bug with the plume visible above the part, is it a know bug ? Is it a compatibility problem with something (Restock?)? There is something i can do?

https://imgur.com/a/Er47nJu

Thanks.

are you using TUFX or running it on OpenGL by any chance

20 hours ago, Kochi said:

screenshot8.png?ex=66883b3d&is=6686e9bd&

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supported Mods:

Artemis Construction Kit
Bluedog Design Bureau
Chrayol Design Org
CRE
GemstoneLV
H2
KNES
KODS
PhotonCorp
Restock
SSAUCE
Tantares

DEPENDENCIES (The mod will NOT work without these):

Requires: Module Manager, Waterfall, Smokescreen
Incompatible
: Realplume

Thanks to:

Adiri (For Developing RSMP)
DanGaffa (For Hosting RSMP
Zorg (Helping with the smoke configs)
Kerbal Comunity 

DOWNLOAD 

[Spacedock Download]
[Github Download]

License: CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0

You have my attention! Immediately adds to 'Download later'.

3 minutes ago, NovaRaptorTV said:

I'm wondering, how long until this comes to RO & RP-1?

Unlikely RO parts are very specific and there is also a lot of them and i would like to dedicate my time to develop the vandenberg site (similar to katniss) im open for people to develop their own configs for it and integrate them into the main mod 

8 minutes ago, Kochi said:

Unlikely RO parts are very specific and there is also a lot of them and i would like to dedicate my time to develop the vandenberg site (similar to katniss) im open for people to develop their own configs for it and integrate them into the main mod 

Fair 'nuff. Thank you for the response!

Posted (edited)

It is nice to have srb plumes working again, However unlike most engines with waterfall configs, this one does not  have the rocket plume expansion as you loose atmospheric pressure. The srb plume does change but it doesn't get the expansion you would expect to see, so it stands out against other mods's waterfall plumes.

https://imgur.com/a/kfKmVgl

^ See above the SLS SRB plumes at ASL and at Separation.

Other than this issue its great to have srb plumes working again.

@Kochi Edit: Ignore the above, Rocket plume expansion does exist, i just stupidly tested with an atmospheric srb

Edited by BSS_Snag
Correct my own error