[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Simple solution is to stage them BEFORE you stage your bottom attachment points and start engines. I use 1 Tower, 4 Service gantries and then 4 of the Atlas 2.5m base restraints (if not more on an apsaragus launch) I Pop all the tower and tall gantries first. THEN I stage the engine start with the release of the rest of the restraints. BTW that is pretty close to real life.

I stage my engines first and then pop all the clamps at once when I get close to ~75% throttle. Gives me a nice smooth, almost cinematic launch.

Simple solution is to stage them BEFORE you stage your bottom attachment points and start engines. I use 1 Tower, 4 Service gantries and then 4 of the Atlas 2.5m base restraints (if not more on an apsaragus launch) I Pop all the tower and tall gantries first. THEN I stage the engine start with the release of the rest of the restraints. BTW that is pretty close to real life.

Yeah I tried that, if I stage too many of them at the same time it still causes an RUD, say 2 towers at the same time, or 4+ service etc, putting all of them in their own stage and waiting a couple seconds between works though.

Hey frizzank, do I get a prize for finding the sadface?

http://i.imgur.com/J9emHiN.png

Yes, here is your prize.

;)

The launch towers and umbilicals are pretty easy to break. So if you have a tall rocket or a really large one they do not work so well. I wish they would expose the explosive force on the part in the .cfg so I could turn it off. That would fix many of the problems, or maybe it is and I just dont know the syntax. Special prize to someone that can figure it out...

When you bring out Apollo, will the more advanced computer be modelled, such as auto align, BBQ roll function, landing radar etc. Also, the Apollo docking probe, will it be modelled so that when jettisoning the LM (after Munar ascent) it 'disappears' or jettisons with the LM

I was just hunting around for this. Beautiful craft, almost as beautiful as the 60's seem to me, being one who wasn't around to witness them. Of course, that's before you take into account all the cold-war paranoia, among other things.

I have a problem with the launch tower. When I release them, they stop being fixed in place and get flung outward for some reason... any idea?

EDIT: Never mind. It was a bug with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Edited by ahd1601

I must say, since I saw the real life versions (or replicas) of some of these craft at the A Human Adventure exhibition I enjoy these models much more. A lot on display was from the Mercury and Gemini missions, including replica capsules and a double Titan engine.

What do we want?

Centaur!!!

When do we want it?

When it's fairly probable that it won't explode catastrophically on the launchpad!

edit: BTW, crazee madd propz to you, Frizzank, for giving the Saturn IB some love. Looking forward to the final product whenever it comes around!

sorry, sheesh
I took it as sarcasm and a joke......

Yeah, I figured that it might be sarcasm, but there's no way to be sure on the internet. I usually refrain from doing sarcasm on the webz, unless it'll be very obvious that I'm sarcastic. Anyway, a Centaur would be a quite nice thing to have.

Though there is no sound in space, does the Geiger Counter make noise when you use it (I can't check as I'm in the process of re-organizing all my mods)? Just curious :) I had to use on in my lab research for years, so it was a daily Geiger scan to see if I'd accidentally doused myself in Radioactive isotopes. Good times - LOL.

Also does the remote camera take actual pictures? Or can you look through it so you get "camera eye view"?

----------------

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2012/10/geminiagena.jpg

Notice the V-shaped notch at the top of the Agena docking port? The Gemini's indexing bar slides into that, ensuring you dock at the proper rotational alignment.

That is damn impressive!!

Edited by jpinard

Though there is no sound in space, does the Geiger Counter make noise when you use it (I can't check as I'm in the process of re-organizing all my mods)? Just curious :) I had to use on in my lab research for years, so it was a daily Geiger scan to see if I'd accidentally doused myself in Radioactive isotopes. Good times - LOL.

Also does the remote camera take actual pictures? Or can you look through it so you get "camera eye view"?

----------------

That is damn impressive!!

Sorry no sound for that, would be fun though.

Yea FASA is plugin free for the time being, it may change with the Apollo stuff, so no camera view. I really wish adding cameras was a stock ability.....

Sorry no sound for that, would be fun though.

Yea FASA is plugin free for the time being, it may change with the Apollo stuff, so no camera view. I really wish adding cameras was a stock ability.....

Your stuff never ceases to amaze me anyways. :)

The plugins I would really want for FASA would be a proper non cpu melting reflection shader for all the glass and chrome parts, a sound mod for generic animations, and Kerbals appearing in there seats when viewed from the outside(could finally do ejection seats on Gemini).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.