What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

It's the HypeCar! :confused:

I made this huge ship with NFT/KSPI (the big tanks are full of the same mass in liquidfuel as the original NFT ones had in hydrogen; that's to make KSPI play nice).

44O5YXV.png

Its RPM external camera system includes a boom that peeks over the edge of the engine to monitor it.

aS1wMtl.jpg

SA5T7a6.png

That camera's probably getting fried by neutron radiation about now. :)

Unfortunately, the game gets ornery once I take it into solar orbit. For some reason, KSPI's deuterium-tritium tanks lag a good distance behind once the transition is made from Kerbin's SOI to the Sun's.

z80ENot.png

The tanks are in the foreground there; they aren't really as big as they look. :P

In this picture, you can see how the camera is following the center of mass of the two parts, making it very hard to fly anything:

jzuwz3t.png

I tried to explode the tanks off with whack-a-kerb, but the spheres I shot just passed right through them. Eventually I had to write the mission off, but testing of the next version (which used inline cryostats instead of the radial ones) failed when the game brought my computer to a screeching, grinding halt and I had to force a reboot. :(

I worked on figuring out a way to attach my micro landing probes to a vehicle without disturbing the center of balance vertically. I think I have come up with a good solution. There are six micro probes that should maintain that vertical center line balance each time one probe is released (decouple small port) for visit to another planetary body. Initial test of releasing the probes are good :-) Perhaps time for a Jool mission :-)

V0bt7KT.jpg

I have also been working on a simple 2 stage lander capable of 6 hops around Minimus and hopefully 6 around Mun. Most likely 5 for Mun. So far 5 hops around each then a good return to Kerbin. The added stage is not pretty but it works.

2LwTtDN.png

Edited by BJ Quest

I finally started a new career game in 0.24.2. I was holding out for KSPI to update, but now I can do my dream super-hard-mode game since seeing Senor Manley begin his IQ series:

KSPI + FAR + DRE + DarnIt + RT2 + TAC + OKS/MKS + B9 + KW are the primary mods.

And: I plan to avoid the quicksave - we'll find out how long Jeb lives (but track him with Final Frontier).

So far I'm enjoying the contract system. Hearing the dude (Gene?) get all excited about the 3-star missions is pretty amusing.

(also, mods are great)

Trying to deorbit a relatively large ship that wasn't actually made to be deorbited... FOR THE FUNDS MAN THE FUNDS. The instrument tower on this thing alone is worth ~100k funds...

(Background: I had a contract to put a station in orbit of the sun so I picked up some science data while I was out there, brought back the ship I used to push it plus the science instruments. Kinda cheaty, I didn't even man the station.)

KSP2014-09-2406-25-10-26.jpg~original

I just found out placing parachutes with KAS is a pain in the butt. They weigh just enough to make the entire process very unstable. Needs a tether!

I set up my KSP installation as a GIT repository and made a startup script that commits the save folder everytime the game exits (or crashes). That should save me from losing two (yes, TWO! My PC has some weird timeline-altering abilities.) sessions worth of gameplay to Kraken attacks.

Then I played a bit in sandbox, designing some planes, flying them around and not learning to land them. Poor Jeb and Bill, may they rest in pieces peace. :blush:

i pushed a middle weight station in a one-way mission into a 5000x5000km around jool... (thats 1/3 of the distance to laythe)

the return trip will cost 2500m/s to leave jool and another 1000-2000m/s to return to kerbin (with aerobreaking)... for reaching the station i calculated 1000m/s to leave kerbin, 2500m/s to reach jool and use aerobreaking (with mechjeb) to slow down...

1000 + 2500 + 2500 + 1000 (+ 500-1000 for security and refuel station): 7500 m/s

so i putted a transfer rocket with 9100m/s together. should have a TWR of 0.25 in kerbol SOI... i will test the transfer rocket (empty) tonight and then launch a manned version... after that i have to do the cargo launches (landers, transferrockets, sattelites, rovers and stuff).

as it is a old-school science save i dont have funds problems... i made a big fat "ultra heavy lifter" to push everything into LKO 85x85... but i have to do multiple runs... as i never wait for the correct burn window i have to calculate the M/S higher than the minimum needes... but thats ok for me :D

Hi, today, after a KSP break, i launch 3 solar station to build a power network enabling Kerbol Explorer ionnic burn.

I have to make at least the duna mission KE was build for before 0.25 !!

B28DEB2D61C1DD31065D4389B1AA5418D291BEBC

EE655820479F0E60AEB322E610DA3C5AA1400AB6

E43C6C061776F835561F2FC688C6122FEEE852FA

Kerbin system, Long range comring, and 3 solar station on their way for making another ring, a power network

36FEE4388E2371CEF49B89D0A85F448ACAD6BA0E

526F6629C4261C2EE093B60B1B335338A09E6C56

i drop the grounded power facility, as i read in KSPI wiki that microwaves are inefficient in atmo !!

I failed to build a working reactor so, i launch solar stations !!

Need to test deeply KSPI :D

Took Jeb out for a spacewalk to put out some KAS radial port connectors on Mere like I'd intended to do yesterday. I appreciate the guy who put a full-on review of the mod on YouTube that showed how to stow everything into a single container and then just take the container along; that saved me a lot of time and probably saved Jeb a lot of jetpack fuel as well. Successful mission, and fun too.

Replaced the second node lock on Mere with a new design. I'll probably go ahead and replace the initial node lock as well given that I've redesigned the things since that particular mission; balance out the mass and all that jazz. Then I've still got one more lock to go. I tell you, this week's been rough - only being able to send up a single mission per game session has been a pain. On the plus side, I've come to like the LoadOnDemand mod; it has sped up loading times considerably.

Getting far enough into the year in my career save to start thinking about a Duna mission. That's IF I have time to do one before 0.25 comes out.

So today was the last step of the KRSS - Explorer I Grand Tour mission. After 37 k-days around Eeloo the ship departed to its last destination, Eve. It took more than 4 k-years but the ship finally got there.

The crew said goodbye to Eeloo.

screenshot323.png

screenshot334.png

screenshot327.png

Hello again Eve, the crew's new home. The ship entered the atmosphere at more than 8km/s and reached a minimum altitude of 45km. It exited the atmosphere and I left it at an orbit of 950k km.

screenshot331.png

screenshot333.png

The lander undocked and I set course to the Island inside the big crater.

screenshot335.png

screenshot340.png

screenshot344.png

I forgot how landing on Eve was so easy, the atmosphere slowed me so much that I barely needed my engines to land. Jeb, Bill and Bob exited the lander and planted the last flag of their journey.

screenshot345.png

screenshot346.png

screenshot347.png

screenshot349.png

screenshot348.png

Jeb, Bill and Bob will stay there until there is a new update of the game and it resets everything (a new savegame).

It was a fun journey and also my longest using the same ship and crew. This is my last great mission from this version but I won't be stopping from playing KSP. I have plans and ideas for my next VTOL aircraft and some more. I will probably make another Grand Tour of the system in the next update or so, but I won't be using the same kind of engine for the mothership, I want some kind of engine like the Warp Drive from Interstellar or a Jump Drive, something futuristic.

Uninstalled KSP. A mod conflict (God knows between which mods) kept causing the HUD to flicker whenever a craft with a command module was unloaded. After about 1.5 hours of mod un/installing and waiting for KSP to load, I just rage-deleted the entire game.

I'll just book my Hypetrain ticket to 0.25 City and hope for all mods to be updated.