What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today was the launch of not only one, but in fact TWO new exploration ships. The Hemera launched today, together with her sistership Horus. Both are in excellent shape, as are their crews, and are likely to undergo first missions in the coming days. The Horus is capable of equipping a heat shield for aerobraking, I will likely do that around Duna or Eve. I am afraid these ships won't go much further. Then again, I have not tested that yet, and I have no clue on how to calculate deltaV...

pEjeli0.png

The Hemera was the first iteration and serves more as a prototype. She also lacks a M700. So no mapping, only scanning sadly. The Horus features a M700 on her underside, which allows her to pioneer a base deployment action. She has no atmospheric probe though, only a small RCS lander.

v2XOsdE.png

I don't have time for much more, so the only real progress I made today was mapping Kerbin from orbit with a dedicated satellite on polar orbit. MapSat 2 (Don't ask what happened to MapSat 1) was launched mainly because I wanted to know something: I noticed that Minmus' poles are very rich in minerals. I was wondering if that is a feature all planets have, or if it is unique to Minmus. Turns out it in fact is. Also, the polar orbit made for some interesting views on Kerbin's poles.

sSBOy7t.png

fzQzMuC.png

As you see here, the satellite is operation perfectly fine. It orbits the poles at roughly 80 km and...

8ICSfGI.png

DAMNIT BOB, I TOLD YOU NOT TO SHOW THIS IMAGE!!! MAPSAT 1 WAS OUR SECRET! YOU RUINED ME!

Done in KSP 1.0.5. No mods used.

1 minute ago, Fearless Son said:

In the game, I mean.  We need a good Mk1 inline command pod with a capacity of two.  

Agreed, my guess is that's never gonna happen...AviationCockpits mod is good enough for me, stock or not.

1 hour ago, Triop said:

Testing a new jet-trainer plane.

P3SDoQe.png

ooohhhhh I'm going to say that cockpit is..... AirplanePlus?

EDIT: Oh goddangit I didn't see that there was another page after this and it tells the answer..... *facepalm*

Edited by DarkOwl57

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

ooohhhhh I'm going to say that cockpit is..... AirplanePlus?

No, AviationCockpits mod, but AirplanePlus is something I need now.... :cool:

Made a stock trainer to see how it would look, had to place the engines in the back for a good COM/COL setting:

mcsDiwb.png

vJtQqFA.png

qJX0ytq.png

Not bad, not bad...^_^

Today it was my turn to raise the bar for KSP visual enhancement and with help from the awesometacular @Poodmund I escaped my little barely-there purple skybox and defied the Poodmund skybox status quo! :) 

YDCiaSj.jpg

I also went and orbited in atmosphere, again. This might be the last time I fly, at all, this upgrade concept to my NOX Crown spaceplane because the steering gets lousy at any decent speed. The added engine weights over its current release version have made it a flying brick.

uBfHwYk.jpg wJEv15W.jpg

I also finally made something that I can (almost) comfortably share on KerbalX, a concept space taxi with nearly 1.2 TWR on Mun surface and 4000 dV. (The inner-center engines are up-scaled a little more to exactly 1.25m after these screenshots). It's inspired by the Asp craft from Elite: Dangerous. A 1.25m USI reactor clipped in the back more than provides for the engines and the up-scaled solar panels draw > 4 EC/s each. There's currently no Mono/RCS on this. Lastly there's an open space in the center and room on the engine stacks for more Xenon or plenty LS.

Mods used here: Malemute, Tweakscale, surface Lights.

TZ04EUn.jpg

shqlOHj.jpg

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Today it was my turn to raise the bar for KSP visual enhancement and with help from the awesometacular @Poodmund I escaped my little barely-there purple skybox and defied the Poodmund skybox status quo! :) 

YDCiaSj.jpg

I also went and orbited in atmosphere, again. This might be the last time I fly, at all, this upgrade concept to my NOX Crown spaceplane because the steering gets lousy at any decent speed. The added engine weights over its current release version have made it a flying brick.

uBfHwYk.jpg wJEv15W.jpg

I also finally made something that I can (almost) comfortably share on KerbalX, a concept space taxi with nearly 1.2 TWR on Mun surface and 4000 dV. (The inner-center engines are up-scaled a little more to exactly 1.25m after these screenshots). It's inspired by the Asp craft from Elite: Dangerous. A 1.25m USI reactor clipped in the back more than provides for the engines and the up-scaled solar panels draw > 4 EC/s each. There's currently no Mono/RCS on this. Lastly there's an open space in the center and room on the engine stacks for more Xenon or plenty LS.

Mods used here: Malemute, Tweakscale, surface Lights.

TZ04EUn.jpg

shqlOHj.jpg

where do i get this skybox?

2 minutes ago, Triop said:

mcsDiwb.png

Yeah; the reason I'm thinking APlus is because it's got a shortened tail-fin part and it looks a lot like that

On a totally different note, I made a cargo ship with 6 APlus propellers :D If I crash in the Dakar, I could use it to Air-drop in another car Send medical supplies and rescue!

2 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Yeah; the reason I'm thinking APlus is because it's got a shortened tail-fin part and it looks a lot like that

On a totally different note, I made a cargo ship with 6 APlus propellers :D If I crash in the Dakar, I could use it to Air-drop in another car Send medical supplies and rescue!

I still need to make my run...:blush:...1 week left. &)

3 minutes ago, Triop said:

I still need to make my run...:blush:...1 week left. &)

What... Are you telling me, Triop, the person who literally made the KSP Dakar a thread of the month, HASN'T FINISHED HIS RUN?!?!? Oh wait no; I just re-read the message. 

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED?!?!?!?!?

3 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Lads... It's back...

The GTX 1060 is back. :D

zF4UFjj.png

Thanks for the new background!

28 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

YDCiaSj.jpg

Please share your skybox awesomeness!!!  :)

2 minutes ago, regex said:

Where ever they've gone, at least one of them is overjoyed.

The only way to get an orange overall, smile during flight, Big Brother is watching, always.... ^_^

Edited by Triop

Here is the Danube Delta's ASET IVA:

Pilot's Station:

lezh2Yg.png

(NOTE: There is no digital altimiter that I could find)

Copilot's Station:

StIlvUb.png

Captain's Chair:

vJ1uyZH.png

Flight Engineer's Station:

Q8alxfQ.png

Systems Engineer's Station:

VdpNkCW.png

10 Forward:

hM1STB6.png

I have some reworking to do for the Clydesdale before its ASET IVA is done.