What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

5 minutes ago, Triop said:

Doing what I do best, spamming this thread with fictional cold war era fighters.

Revel's got nothing on this guy. :wink:

So I issue a challenge!

latest?cb=20131003000809

:sticktongue:

1 minute ago, Triop said:

those wings can hold fuel that can help adjusting COM/COL :cool:

They don't mess with the aerodynamics at all?

I've been inspired to try harder in KSP, So I've spent today building, in orbit, a Duna Transfer Vehicle. And by today I do mean it. I've been at this all day. I under loaded their delivery stages for the first two modules and had to throw in three more launches of fuel tenders to make up for it, one of which never even got to the module it was sent to rescue. I still have to build the descent module, the assent module and the fuel tender that's going to take the assent module to Duna in the first place. 

AND THEN THE GAME CRASHED!!!!! If you'd all excuse me I have to go find somewhere to curse loudly. oh wait, I live in New York, I'll just go stick my head out the window...

16 minutes ago, KamenRiderzero1 said:

AND THEN THE GAME CRASHED!!!!! If you'd all excuse me I have to go find somewhere to curse loudly. oh wait, I live in New York, I'll just go stick my head out the window...

You have backup saves... probably. :wink:

Go to the savegame folder and check the list of .sfs files under your own save name. Should be a fairly current one. Just use the "load game" option from the escape menu in the KSP scene. 

16 minutes ago, KamenRiderzero1 said:

It had auto saved when I discarded one of the module's boost stages, but I was just PO'ed it even happened. The game is 99% stable, I get something right I'd screwed up dozens of times in the past and boom, the thing craps out.

These are the times that demand the most caution. Murphy demands it. 

2 minutes ago, KamenRiderzero1 said:

What can I say but I live in a place where it's normal to hear grade school kids randomly drop the F bomb out loud...

in public....

to their parents....

So ? I'm from Holland:

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, KamenRiderzero1 said:

What can I say but I live in a place where it's normal to hear grade school kids randomly drop the F bomb out loud...

in public....

to their parents....

15 minutes ago, Triop said:

So ? I'm from Holland:

giphy.gif

. . . 

and people wonder where we, as a civilization, are going and why we're in this handbasket... :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

and people wonder where we, as a civilization, are going and why we're in this handbasket... :rolleyes:

Yes, we use rude words and speak our minds, but that does not mean we are rude. ^_^

Back to the topic:

UdiOywi.png

:cool:

Edited by Triop

Testing the Duna Dog Mk III rover:

3CA721D139F7A9411E3DE3F2FE6490C9919B0A8C

This is what happens when you forget to properly stage your payload...I've read The Martian, I should have known better.

But, amazingly...I knew the Dog was tough, but I didn't realize just HOW tough...

40FB3B760D21DC171195CD4DA62ABEAA6E0E1E087352E34D02C5518A6DC67CB842DD07A35E2CD0F5

Seriously...entire 22K DV lifter pile-driven into it at full throttle...and it only broke off the relay antenna. (It even has a backup antenna in case of catastrophe, so it still runs.)

Further testing on the Mun:

5CB765B6D9B2F1051D96B72AA06CA86E461E3EAD

Managed to break off relay antenna, there, too...along with, eventually, one headlamp...so now we've hardened the nigh indestructible rover into the Duna Dog Mk IV.

Now featuring a wider overall wheel-base, as well as re-positioned headlamps and relay:

C69FA41B7C973DE62712BA4826F54760B538FD73

I said "nigh" indestructible because on re-entry testing, I...uh...forgot to re-attach the chutes....

DC7E96EB9E571CDDC1B07DD97BCD86AE12B413C7

Tough rover, but not THAT tough, sadly.

-Jn-