What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I wrapped up "Expedition Potato" today in my career mode. It was a really fun mission to fly. Geofzer, Merdon, and Bill went all the way from Kerbin to Eve, aerobraked twice, landed on Gilly, did some surveys, docked with the transfer stage, and returned back to Kerbin. Gilly is a fun little moon to float around on and do some awesome flips. And also see the big purple planet in the background. The final reentry on Kerbin was a bit strange because I skipped that atmosphere then went back into space then came back for a second reentry. My next manned mission out of Kerbin's SOI will be Duna. I swear KSP never get's boring for me...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It was nightvision from the MovieTime mod. Without it, everything would of just been pitch black.

You could also use the ambient light mod, it is nice to just raise it a bit during those dark moments.

As for me I test launched another monster, and I think I have it semi finished too. I took the Eve launch stage and put this new one on there, it is a slow launch but does a nice job.

x9L3bqd.png

I am now debating on adding a docking port SR to the bottom of the pusher to give it even more fuel once n orbit. I also had to get rid of the cloud mod it has been way too glitchy for me for some odd reason, please SQUAD give us some puffy white pillows in the sky. ;.;

I did some biome hopping on Minmus, but cut it short, due to a crew mix-up. It wasn't until after landing, that Jeb realized that he forgot to pack a scientist. Still he was proud to fly a single-stack rocket for a change (with some SRBs, but no asparagus). :)

KSP%202015-01-17%2019-03-54-44.jpg

KSP%202015-01-17%2019-36-53-48.jpg

Finally landed my new base on Laythe.

Bit stressful having to wait to see whether the modules would drop out of the freight tech frames, but they did. Half of the frame is in the background, the other half landed a mile away.

P2FmRVe.png

Parked next to the base are two PackRat rovers with a KAS crate attached to the rear end.

Edited by Snarfster

Working on another Floating Base.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Top section (above the ring) is on a Rototron (courtesy of Infernal Robotics) and can swivel to help gather solar power, or get a better view for the cameras.

Likely to be included in future Laythe/Eve voyages.

Edited by Slam_Jones

While transitioning some ships from .2x versions to .90 (having to load and save each one otherwise when physics loads, the ships go boom), I decided to try out a couple of my early boosters when I was first learning (and didn't know a whole lot about KSP in general)

This first shot is actually a normal stage separation, violent but, beautiful.....

gdKe8yu.png

And then another version didn't fair so well.....It is amazing how much I've learner since then!!! :)

H1SAupg.png

IRhj4u0.png

- - - Updated - - -

Tested out the Karbonite mod.....built a Karbonite Driller and a Karbonite Fuel Dock/Refinery platform. Here is the fully load driller docking with the refinery platform......

dGjQICt.png

VqdnGEM.png

Sent a small kethane lander to Minmus, just to try things out again. First time in a long time designing something without KER (not got it on the kethane install yet) and despite an error in the hand calculations it worked out OK.

No FAR either but I used a fairing anyway, and I launched it on a SpaceY "Moa" engine - low efficiency but high TWR. Did the job excellently.

16310249431_1bf9c71ed8_o.png

Made a few polar orbits looking for kethane deposits, selected one on a high plateau, and did a routine albeit not very precise landing that was nonetheless in the deposit.

16124655130_5a82a1a21e_o.png

Unfortunately it can't land Jeb back on Kerbin - no chutes and a <1 Kerbin TWR. So something else will have to take him down.

Edited by cantab

What did I do in KSP today? I got major league disappointed ... I was out rovering around on Mun, when something very important came up and I had to (literally) jump up and run away from the computer to attend to it. I got back just in time to find (what was left of) my rover hurtling across Mun at 40+m/s in pieces, with no idea where the occupants of the rover went to (I think all 3 of them perished in the crash). Basically, Kaboom. My disappointment was when I did a restore from a quicksave I'd done, only to find it missing all the work I'd done (last night) on my Voyager2 project - because I didn't quicksave there/then(?). I only started quicksaves just recently, I don't like using it (trying to rely on it)... this reminded me why. At least the Voyager2 ship I built is still showing in the VAB inventory.