What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today I successfuly docked and refueled my 'station' which I intend to use to fullfil the explore duna mission (does require new craft for it) But yay I managed a docking! Worked much better when I remembered to turn sas off and let the magnets work lol

Trying to tweak universal storage mod to take advantage of the compressed sensors is a tad difficult when there are no (early) parts to counterbalance the .32t science bay. ended up sticking everything i could wedge on the opposing side and while it stilll wasnt enough... I made a face accidentally!

dLn1X6X.png

Completed my circumnavigation of Duna by (pressurized) rover. With stops for darkness and charging, it took 101.5 hours, just under 17 Kdays. Direction of travel was west to east (left to right), or counter-clockwise.

duna-route.jpg

(approximate route)

(fixed the time - 17 Kdays, not 30 :P )

Edited by Commander Zoom

Completed my circumnavigation of Duna by (pressurized) rover. With stops for darkness and charging, it took 101.5 hours, just under 30 Kdays. Direction of travel was west to east (left to right), or counter-clockwise.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/cmdrzoom/KSP/duna-route.jpg

(approximate route)

Well done! Come join me on Eve!

I've done my first successful moon landing with Realism Overhaul. I had to use quicksaves twice though. The first time the game was stuttering so bad, that KAC missed the alarm for the SOI change, and I realized too late, that indeed the ship crossed the SOI boundary still under time warp and therefore was no longer on the plotted course. The second time I managed to overheat the lander's thrust plate and could then watch the descent engines, as they were slowly drifting away from the craft... Sadly I didn't take any screenshots of the complete launch vehicle, but I think it's already enough information if I tell you that the bottom stage were 6 large solid fuel motors, followed by 6 cryo engines that were mounted on a 10m diameter tank, which was then followed by another cryo engine stage with 8 (lighter) engines. The whole ship was higher than the VAB, and I assembled the bottom of the launcher outside, exploiting the camera glitch that occurs with very, very big crafts.

The lander was transported to the moon inside a cargo bay, the travel to the moon and back were different stages.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Nothing, basically.

I launched my proudest design to date, a direct ascent Minmus lander for three kerbals and with science bays and goos to harvest high, low and surface. It featured my first 2,5m launcher as well. Reached orbit with less dV than I expected, used the rest of the second stage (whichever way you count :)) to do most of the plane change, and staged to finish it with the lander-ship's engine.

No hum, no flame. What's wrong? No fuel. What, it's got three T200 tanks full. Facepalmed, the tricoupler does not route fuel, at least not that way. Back to drawing board it is.

Thankfully The Doctor was on call, and wound back time to before moving the rocket to the launch pad. He left a note on the head engineer's desk about the fuel flow problem too. He is nice like that, The Doctor. :D

Put another (same model) SCANsat up around Moho. Two have vanished without a trace so far. This will sit in a useless 100km orbit... see how long it lasts. In other endeavors, I've got SCANsats mapping Pol and Tylo, and another 'spare' which just completed Jool aerobraking ... need to work its orbit down a bit. I've almost got everything mapped at this point, just two more Jool moons remaining - self appointed goal nearly achieved.

In my attempt to create an interplanetary cruiser using the large B9 mod parts which i will use as a mothership for a grand mission to Duna, i set up my first experimental kethane refueling station on Minmus.

Stage 1 was launching a recon probe to find high deposites of kethane on the surface. After a successful lauch it was placed into a low orbit finding a nice deposit on mimus' midlands. The open flat ground was also perfect for futher expansion and landing of space planes which I work out how to make them!

Stage 2 was launching two modules consisting of the drill/refinery module and the Fuel storage modules. Both modules only had minutes of testing on the launch pad before they were shot up to the sky resulting in 1 storage module being lost due to it lack of electricity. After this hick up, and an engineer losing his job, the next module landed next to the drill facility with no hickups. With large solar pannels and battery reserves it also acted as an electricity hub if required.

Stage 3 was testing and refueling. After successfully converting that green gassy goo into rocket fuel i launched my standard Mk2 lander on minmus great plane and then the south pole for some science. With little to no fuel i nursed the lander next to my refinery module and successfully refilled the empty tanks allowing the Lander to return to kerbin.

All in all a successful day of flying. Gathering over 2K in science i unlocked the large B9 parts and construction of the cruiser will begin shortly. After construction, testing re-entry vehicles and science transmission modules will be required before the elite of Kerbin's science facility will strap in for a roughly 3year rotation of Duna.

Yep. Lots of useless parts just for showers - or maybe he is using a mod that adds fuel to adapters. :)

The large adapter makes an ideal hull for lots of stuff and you can easily move stuff inside now, using the new gizmos. I do that myself often and i like the new gizmo thingies a lot. Besides that, the lander looks awesome.

Edited by Frank_G

Got Aqua MKII into orbit as part of the test phase, and I realized it has a ton of dv in its transfer stage. I still do like the not a fairing fairing setup I am using to conceal the payload inside.

yszzF7B.png

But after getting to orbit I realized I had not test the launch escape/thrill ride system yet, and now you can kind of see the not a fairing fair reveal.

4EslZjP.jpg

There is still more inside though :sealed: