Whatever happened to recources?

Procyon

So that's the question out of the way. I have been looking around the forums and do not really see anything mentioned recently, that wouldn't be considered a necro.

I heven't really heard anything about this aspect of the game since the resource map they teased back around .19? .2? release. Anyone heard anything I missed?

It got more complicated quickly so they decided to slowly build resources a little at a time.

Yes and for us players it all has to work for it to make any sense, just beeing able to scan without mine in 0.21, then add mining in 0.22 and adding the converters in 0.23 had been pretty annoying.

Resources are still on the table, but word on the street is that they are going to do a simpler scheme than the resource map that was released earlier.

This disappoints me. I honestly wanted it to get more complicated (adding ore, metal, fabrication parts) so things like Extraplanetary launchpads would go stock. Damnit. So much for the SSI Kerbol empire.

Nova? Devs? Any chance we could see the updated resource chart.

the climate on these forums lately has been just to tell me to shut up everytime I talk about the recourse chart cuz Nova says it's out of date, but can't talk about the new one, cuz we haven't seen it.

Nova? Devs? Any chance we could see the updated resource chart.

the climate on these forums lately has been just to tell me to shut up everytime I talk about the recourse chart cuz Nova says it's out of date, but can't talk about the new one, cuz we haven't seen it.

I recall seeing Nova say no to a previous request for an updated resource chart. I suspect it's simply too fluid at the moment to release, so rather than release something that will change, they are not releasing anything.

I recall seeing Nova say no to a previous request for an updated resource chart. I suspect it's simply too fluid at the moment to release, so rather than release something that will change, they are not releasing anything.

Exactly, it was the same time he announced it wasn't accurate anymore, someone quickly asked if we could have an updated one and he said something that was pretty much "I'm afraid I can't do that, [the guy's name here]" if I remember his words precisely. I think it's too fluid for now indeed and must be a WIP.

This disappoints me. I honestly wanted it to get more complicated (adding ore, metal, fabrication parts) so things like Extraplanetary launchpads would go stock. Damnit. So much for the SSI Kerbol empire.

Maybe its complexity (number/type/transforms) will scale with difficulty level

If not, I'm sure mods will expand on the base resources offering, once we know what that is

Yes and for us players it all has to work for it to make any sense, just beeing able to scan without mine in 0.21, then add mining in 0.22 and adding the converters in 0.23 had been pretty annoying.

Speak for yourself.

I'd love to be able to send a lab probe to do soils analysis, then have "R&D" call and and say "we've developed a way to bring back soil samples for a 'more complete analysis'"

way I see it I would be almost like a tech tree irl.

Exactly, it was the same time he announced it wasn't accurate anymore, someone quickly asked if we could have an updated one and he said something that was pretty much "I'm afraid I can't do that, [the guy's name here]" if I remember his words precisely. I think it's too fluid for now indeed and must be a WIP.

Then people really really need to stop telling me not to talk about the only one we have.

I'm fine with laying down the framework for Career mode so it can be easily expanded upon later, but I really don't think that KSP is anywhere near being able to make career mode work right and be satisfying. I sincerely hope that Squad dosnt try and rush career mode on us, since they will still have to actually complete the sandbox first to make the game more or less "complete". Major Sandbox improvements (like resources) are always more important that anything career mode can offer, in my opinion. We don't really know for certain where KSP will go past .21, so I'm still hoping for some major fixes and additions that still have to be made to the sandbox being put in place before any further career mode development :)

Speak for yourself.

I'd love to be able to send a lab probe to do soils analysis, then have "R&D" call and and say "we've developed a way to bring back soil samples for a 'more complete analysis'"

way I see it I would be almost like a tech tree irl.

This...

(10)

Clicking on a part of your rocket and adjusting values for it. Say you wanted a more powerful engine-done, at the cost of weight, efficiency, and/or heat production. If you wanted to bring along an empty fuel tank, then you would be able to type in a number or slide a bar to set the amount of fuel in the tank.

Clicking on a part of your rocket and adjusting values for it. Say you wanted a more powerful engine-done, at the cost of weight, efficiency, and/or heat production. If you wanted to bring along an empty fuel tank, then you would be able to type in a number or slide a bar to set the amount of fuel in the tank.

oh ok, thanks for explaining

I'm fine with laying down the framework for Career mode so it can be easily expanded upon later, but I really don't think that KSP is anywhere near being able to make career mode work right and be satisfying. I sincerely hope that Squad doesnt try and rush career mode on us, since they will still have to actually complete the sandbox first to make the game more or less "complete". Major Sandbox improvements (like resources) are always more important that anything career mode can offer, in my opinion. We don't really know for certain where KSP will go past .21, so I'm still hoping for some major fixes and additions that still have to be made to the sandbox being put in place before any further career mode development :)

THIS. I think that adding features to sandbox mode will not only make career mode longer, but it will appease the riotous masses who demand resources but haven't gotten it for the past 3 updates. Harvester has expressed a desire to work on career mode, and as the lead dev, this means that they will work on career mode, regardless of what the community or the game "needs" right now. I am not a dev, however. I think it needs to be said that the devs know more about the game than any of us. The only thing that we can do is protest and wait.

Edited by SkyHook

THIS. I think that adding features to sandbox mode will not only make career mode longer, but it will appease the riotous masses who demand resources but haven't gotten it for the past 3 updates. Harvester has expressed a desire to work on career mode, and as the lead dev, this means that they will work on career mode, regardless of what the community or the game "needs" right now. I am not a dev, however. I think it needs to be said that the devs know more about the game than any of us. The only thing that we can do is protest and wait.

lets cut the developers some slack. it's a lot easier to do the basics of the career mode stuff than keep adding stuff to sandbox mode. remember that chart harvester made? I'm not saying I don't want resources, but we will probably see more new content while the basics of career mode are done than if they were doing resources, and I'm perfectly happy with having that and new part additions at the same time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.