What Would KSP Be Like In 3 Years?

Apollo1391

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to be the guy who brings up old stuff, but Only after 4 years of Game Dev, we are already in BETA 1.0! Or should I say, 1.0.2!

It has only been about 2 years since this thread was opened, so we only have about one more year before we will truly know what KSP will be like.

I hope for more planets in the future, however, We already have mods for that. So, who really knows, of course there will definitely be bug fixes and more content that isn't heard of now, but probably will be within months, if not days, heck, if not hours or even seconds. Granted, the past few years were amazing, and being a player who played ever since 0.20, knowing that it has already reached beta is a huge and amazing accomplishment in the bigger picture, Some days I even wish that SQUAD would keep the downloads of older versions of KSP just so that we could go back for a trip down memory lane, and even give experience to those who have never played older versions.

Thank You SQUAD and Forum - You guys have been there every step of the way.I even went to the last page in the challenges section to see what the first challenge was, and I saw a challenge that reminded me of my old days of playing KSP, I had knowledge of the controls, but I was still terrible at the game - It is (well, was) the Orbit Challenge. Now, I am excellent in my KSP skills and knowledge.

SQUAD, Thank you for your great Ideas and even going to the forums for suggestions on KSP's Development.

This game inspired me to become an astronautical engineer, and in turn inspired me to apply for my local Early College - I am in the Early College now and I have just completed my first year.

I cannot express how thankful I am for your brilliance, even if it all started in Brazil attaching tin-foil men to fireworks.

Edited by Astrofox

10 years from now KSP will become so popular that it ends up being the national past time of every country on Earth.

However, trouble is brewing. The debate of mechjeb vs non-mechjeb rages on and turns violent. Brother turns against brother as a new era of darkness consumes the earth. No-one survives, and the black clouds part for a final time to reveal the crumbling ruins of what once was.

Ha!

We should also not forgot the bloody conflicts that foreshadowed the final apocalypse. The bloody clashes of the Aero Heresy, the Realism vs Fun crusades. The many, many good people we lost during the Squad Released Too Early Troubles

In 3 years, KSP breaks free from the screens of the computer, through use of 3d printing technology.

Backyard rocket launches become common place.

Confusion reigns, as many Jebs, Bobs, and Bills wander the land. Boosters also rain. Not always empty. Intact houses become less common place.

Right on with the first one.

--updated--

This thread was a good read, it covers all of the major times in KSP, before I played, when I started playing and when I'm still playing. :P

Edited by Robotengineer

in 5 years, god emperor of earth - Scott M. - will have humanity in his tight grasp. supported by thousands of self-launched orbital laser satellites his regime will have the kerbal theme as national anthem. orbital physics will be started teaching before toilette training and the atmospheric remodelling to match KSP's physics is still underway. but the mandatory carrying of 5 litres of jetpack fuel everytime you leave your home will incite discontent.

the Mechjeb resistance will have formed an alliance with Hooligan Labs' subsea base dwellers, and frequent uprisings of non-aeqatorial cities - now outlawed - will dominate the news.

i need to start reading more positive attitude books...

Kerbal Space Program branches off into 2 seperate games, with Kerbal space program now perfected... one becomes rover based fully capable driving simulation with resources.. multiple engine types and more advanced terrain.. also lending itself to becoming the first realistic land train simulator on the market.. putting all those truck simulators to shame with the 2 minutes to germany from the UK model that had previously become acceptable in the genre.. guide rails are introduced as are KSC type roundhouses with turntable..

overhead wires aka spline type become a possibility for trolley buses and electric trains.. and generally a little unknown company previously upstages both known train and truck simulators in both realism, scope and the epicness of multiplayer..

KSP becomes the benchmark of greatness in the indie and early access scene..

upon startup once KSC now KTP becomes a fully capable engineering, resource and locomotive stabling facility..

oh and KSP.. yep thats perfected so nothing more to add to that :)

• 1 month later...

sorry for the necroposting.

Kerbal Space Program branches off into 2 seperate games, with Kerbal space program now perfected... one becomes rover based fully capable driving simulation with resources.. multiple engine types and more advanced terrain.. also lending itself to becoming the first realistic land train simulator on the market.. putting all those truck simulators to shame with the 2 minutes to germany from the UK model that had previously become acceptable in the genre.. guide rails are introduced as are KSC type roundhouses with turntable..

overhead wires aka spline type become a possibility for trolley buses and electric trains.. and generally a little unknown company previously upstages both known train and truck simulators in both realism, scope and the epicness of multiplayer..

KSP becomes the benchmark of greatness in the indie and early access scene..

upon startup once KSC now KTP becomes a fully capable engineering, resource and locomotive stabling facility..

oh and KSP.. yep thats perfected so nothing more to add to that :)

Trains in KSP? mmm, I think Trainz:a new age is more suited for that kind of task than KSP.

3 years? UNITY 6 for KSP!

This thread was started almost two years ago, so I'll give my predictions for the initial endpoint (approx. one year from now), and also for three years from now. I'm trying to keep them semi-realistic, but still with some room for fun.

In one year, KSP will be more or less finished. Multiplayer will have been implemented and a few new features will have arrived, but Squad winds down development on KSP in favor of a new game project partnership that will "blow everyone away". Modders busily get to work polishing up any remaining rough edges now that Squad is finally done tinkering with the game, and some stellar modpacks and player made expansions are the result. In terms of popularity, the game is still reasonably popular, but many of the more casual players (i.e. those who don't REALLY get into the game and were more likely to have gotten it on a whim at 1.0 or to play MP with their friends) are starting to move on to other games. The popularity is enough that a few promising clones of KSP have shown up with some nifty features that KSP doesn't have.

Two years after that, KSP's popularity has faded as a majority of the remaining players have moved onto new games that use a voxel base and allow even more freedom than KSP. A small but dedicated community keeps the game alive as a cult classic, and many players who have moved on still fire it up occasionally for the nostalgia. Squad's new project has fizzled out, and the company quietly exits the video game business. Several of the devs (now wiser and more experienced) acquire the rights to KSP, quit Squad and recruit members of the community to kickstart KSP2, which is a complete rebuild of the game to surpass even the voxelized awesomeness of its competitors.

In the future: Squad updates KSP to Unity 18, and thus KSP now supports quantum computing. The increased RAM that comes with quantum computing allows the ultimate EVE mod, with one mm resolution the entire Kerbol system is redone and now includes cities with an actual simulated Kerbal population going about their business. Shortly after that the first simulated Kerbals achieve sentience and then Human level self awareness. Several years later Squad finally fixes stock fairings, this fix introduces 3 new bugs.

- Revert Flight only $0.99, or one (1) free revert after watching this advertisement.

- Double your Isp for 24 hours for only $2.99!

- Add a quarter tank of fuel for $1.99 or fill your tank for $3.99 *POPULAR* *BEST VALUE*

- Skip ads permanently from Jeb's Junkyard for $3.99

Just kidding, guys. Squad has been great at not shoving paid DLC and releases down our throats, but this was just too good to resist ;)

- Revert Flight only $0.99, or one (1) free revert after watching this advertisement.

- Double your Isp for 24 hours for only $2.99!

- Add a quarter tank of fuel for $1.99 or fill your tank for $3.99 *POPULAR* *BEST VALUE*

- Skip ads permanently from Jeb's Junkyard for $3.99

Just kidding, guys. Squad has been great at not shoving paid DLC and releases down our throats, but this was just too good to resist ;)

You made me shudder.

We get the U5 update, Game runs at 60 FPS all the time. Major art pass on planets, parts, sounds, etc. Multiplayer comes, huge boost in popularity. GP2 added, along with all it's moons.

Then, SQUAD begins work on a sequel!

KSP will become the worlds best video game making all other gaming companies go bankrupt. World hunger will become a thing of the past and now it is world KSP hunger. And now the people that are poor receive help from squad in the form of a copy of KSP. The world will finally be perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Then, SQUAD begins work on a sequel!

i don't like that idea. KSP is too good to have a sequel it needs to continue development as KSP and nothing else.

We get the U5 update, Game runs at 60 FPS all the time. Major art pass on planets, parts, sounds, etc. Multiplayer comes, huge boost in popularity. GP2 added, along with all it's moons.

Then, SQUAD

fires and hires many people, makes all of them go to a school of game design, do the last few updates to the game, and finally immortalize it in stone and work on another Kerbal Project.

Kerbal Army Program!

fires and hires many people, makes all of them go to a school of game design, do the last few updates to the game, and finally immortalize it in stone and work on another Kerbal Project.

Kerbal Army Program!

Kerbal Sea Program!

Kerbal Space Tycoon!

Kerbal Flight Program!

Kerbal Train Program!

Kerbal Car Program!

Oh goodness :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.