PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

I could add another set of thin inner 'gap' petals for that, I was concerned about making the complexity to high, the tri-count is already getting up there.

They're SABRE/RAPIER style engines, they're currently using the HotRockets! effects, feel free to try them out if you like (just pare out any parts in there you don't want)

Hotrockets... i've yet to try it but will do. thanks! i thought you were just gonna point me to a mod pack XD

MK2 Boy ready for Take-Off

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

Really? I thought that PorkJet would want the community to use his parts responsibl.....wait what?

Porkjet, Im disappointed in you. No snacks all weekend :D

Seriously, the sheer diffrentness of this build made me laugh so much

Seriously? What is this world coming to?
Really? I thought that PorkJet would want the community to use his parts responsibl.....wait what?

Porkjet, Im disappointed in you. No snacks all weekend :D

Seriously, the sheer diffrentness of this build made me laugh so much

And, we did sort of bring it on ourselves with all that 'I'll form... the crotch!' talk.

That's not an aerospike, that's a shock cone, and you must wear it as a hat!

For something much less silly, that shock cone is way too short if you ask me, i say make it way longer and pointier.

Maybe even make it bi-conic like on the Mig-21, being pointy then going back to about the angle it's at now a bit behind the rim of it.

Question: MK2 Crew Cabin - 3 or 4 seats?

4 sounds best. It isn't intended for long term habitation like the Hitchhiker, so they don't need as much space per kerbal. Therefore they'd do the same as modern airline companies and stow as many chairs in it as possible.

I think if you want to have four you should move the airlock so it's in the middle of the part. The doors on planes are in between the rows of chairs, not directly next to them.

4 - 2 each side :)

Remember that the mk-2 fuselage is only as tall as the mk-1. If you try to put Kerbals to either side they're going to run out of headroom.

and you still need to use some of the space for insulation and structural integrity purposed

I say 3 seats, right down the middle.

There should be plenty of headroom for at least three seated side-by-side. Remember Kerbals are a lot shorter than humans. Lack posted a great picture of this. They will have plenty of headroom.

EDIT: Here, more to the point...

V7nDIG5.png

Two across is not an issue. Three across would not be an issue. Five across wouldn't be a problem if they took off their helmets...

Edited by Gaius

EDIT: Here, more to the point...

Do you intend for them to lie down? There's no headroom if you account for the actual fuselage wall, and they'd need some way to travel up and down the module.

3 kerbals in line sounds a little weird. I'd say four kerbals in two lines, or, depending on the airlock size, 3 kerbals with one before the other and another behind the airlock If that makes sense. So either this:

K=Kerbal A=Airlock N=Nothing

KNK

ANN

KNK

Or this:

ANK

NNN

KNK

Maybe even this:

KNK

NNN

ANK

NNN

KNK

for a longer crew cabing, five kerbals.

Do you intend for them to lie down? There's no headroom if you account for the actual fuselage wall, and they'd need some way to travel up and down the module.

too many parts out there have unrealistically thin walls...