[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

Easy way to test. Use Stock KSP and Real Fuels and that's it. What I find even more funny, is in your original thread, your list of mods *DOES NOT* include RealFuels...just sayin.

Do you really find your post helpful.... just sayin. :)

Hah! I was trying to figure out where that was coming from, and thought it must not have been RF because I had not been getting the spam with some recent (very RF-using) launches. I'll check for prints again, it's possible I missed wrapping one in an #IF DEBUG.

I don't know. Was it? You come onto a mod forum thread telling it's creator that their mod is spamming their log. Yet you've offered no proof of the possibility, no decent test procedures, no log, and some contradictory evidence to the fact. Upon reading further your original thread, I see there is in fact RealFuels.dll present. However your list of mods by folder, doesn't show a RealFuels folder, which there should be. So perhaps you have an install where things are not where they should be?

Have you tried RealFuels and Stock KSP alone?

OH. Maybe Nathan's got it?

i don't know. Was it? You come onto a mod forum thread telling it's creator that their mod is spamming their log. Yet you've offered no proof of the possibility, no decent test procedures, no log, and some contradictory evidence to the fact. Upon reading further your original thread, i see there is in fact realfuels.dll present. However your list of mods by folder, doesn't show a realfuels folder, which there should be. So perhaps you have an install where things are not where they should be?

Have you tried realfuels and stock ksp alone?

Oh. Maybe nathan's got it?

lol :) K

Damn the search continues I guess. Nice to hear I aint the only one though.... Hmmmmm :/

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm think more my fianl test before coming here was all my mods minus realfuel, solverengine and modulercsfx. I got no spam. GOd this is the strangest crap I have ever dealt with. I hope you can figure it out better than i did. I am giving up KSP till someone else figures this out. I have wasted to many hours racking my brain. Why would anyone put unlabeled spam in their mod WHY :C

Hey Nathan I am relatively sure that RealFuels is the cause of my game being spammed. I believe it is related to ullage fuel stability. I am getting spammed by a set of 3 numbers in parentheses upon getting an periapsis above the atmosphere. Here is a link to the thread better describing the issue. I have no log of it as there is nothing to point out where the spam comes from, so a log does nothing for this other than show it starts when I get a stable orbit and goes no stop as long as I am in orbit. It has killed 3 careers trying to find out where this unlabeled spam is coming from. If you are positive it isn't RealFuel, and as much as I hope it isn't I hope it is just so I can end the witch hunt, then I apologize for the accusation I just am at wits end with this being spammed and only me apparently suffering from it. Thanks!

Another reason I think it is ullage related is when I decoupled all liquid fuel stages and only had a SRM for deorbit on my pod the spam stopped.

Hah! I was trying to figure out where that was coming from, and thought it must not have been RF because I had not been getting the spam with some recent (very RF-using) launches. I'll check for prints again, it's possible I missed wrapping one in an #IF DEBUG.

Most likely cause is MechJebRCSFXExt.dll. Remove it and it should go away. Then ask Sarbian to accept the pull request for MechJebRCSFXExt. (MJ accuracy should only be slightly degraded when using RCSFX without it. It will still do the job.)

And StoryMusgrave, either be part of the solution or stop being part of the precipitate. That was zero help whatsoever.

I'd love it if stock fuel cells could be integrated with realfuels, converting it to use realfuels resources.

They can be, and technically they don't require Real Fuels. Only the Community Resource Pack for the hydrogen and oxygen. (could be gaseous or liquid; assume if liquid that it's converting to gases first)

They can be, and technically they don't require Real Fuels. Only the Community Resource Pack for the hydrogen and oxygen. (could be gaseous or liquid; assume if liquid that it's converting to gases first)

How might one do this, specifically? More specifically, how might one configure them to work with common hypergolics?

Having a weird issue with the CoM of a probe I'm building, for some reason when I load the probe up the CoM is above the craft.

ksp2.png

But when I remove the real fuels tank it pops back to normal.

ksp1.png

Putting a new real fuels tank that's exactly the same on seems to fix it, but then when I save and reload the CoM is broken again. Also editing the tank does nothing as well (the CoM moves around, but it's still not right).

Looking at the logs the KSP log has 2 errors that are reported a lot;

Input is null

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Part,RUI.Algorithms.Vertex`1[Part]].get_Item (.Part key)
RUI.Algorithms.ComponentListMaker.UpdatePartVertex (Boolean residual, .Part part, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 lookup)
RUI.Algorithms.ComponentListMaker.GetStackFlowGraph (.ShipConstruct ship)
EngineersReport.RunTests ()
EngineersReport+
.MoveNext ()

Logs are here if that helps: output log and ksp log

Edit: Here's the craft file too: Luna Lander 1

Edited by Aramazia Kin

I'm getting a Vapor In Fuel Lines issue with the following craft. Happens when you stage away the first booster after pre-igniting the AJ-10s (staging from 3 to 2, to be precise). AJ-10s ignite properly but as soon as you stage away the interstage they get vapor in the fuel lines. RP-0 install, up to date on everything via CKAN, craft built after said updates. Is it something I'm doing?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Having a weird issue with the CoM of a probe I'm building, for some reason when I load the probe up the CoM is above the craft.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29089970/ksp2.png

But when I remove the real fuels tank it pops back to normal.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29089970/ksp1.png

Putting a new real fuels tank that's exactly the same on seems to fix it, but then when I save and reload the CoM is broken again. Also editing the tank does nothing as well (the CoM moves around, but it's still not right).

Looking at the logs the KSP log has 2 errors that are reported a lot;

Input is null

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Part,RUI.Algorithms.Vertex`1[Part]].get_Item (.Part key)
RUI.Algorithms.ComponentListMaker.UpdatePartVertex (Boolean residual, .Part part, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 lookup)
RUI.Algorithms.ComponentListMaker.GetStackFlowGraph (.ShipConstruct ship)
EngineersReport.RunTests ()
EngineersReport+
.MoveNext ()

Logs are here if that helps: output log and ksp log

Edit: Here's the craft file too: Luna Lander 1

I'm having the same and other similar issues.. using Real fuels and Procedural parts. COM is weird when you fill up the tanks with fuel.

I'm getting some alarming reports of players that can no longer play with KSPI after installing realfuels. It is said to be taking over control of all engines, including KSPI engines which implements variable Isp and thrust depnding on the used propellants. What is going on?

Edited by FreeThinker

I'm getting some alarming reports of players that can no longer play with KSPI after installing realfuels. It is said to be taking over control of all engines, including KSPI engines which implements variable Isp and thrust depnding on the used propellants. What is going on?

That would likely be caused by whichever engine pack they installed. Real Fuels itself no longer alters engines. You need engine configs for that.

That would likely be caused by whichever engine pack they installed. Real Fuels itself no longer alters engines. You need engine configs for that.

I'm the user who reported the problem. I'm fairly sure that the engine pack (Realism Overhaul) did not touch the affected engines. In fact, the affected engines have "(non RO)" displayed over them. Perhaps it's the attaching of the "non RO" label that messed things up?

The engines are also not "altered" in the sense that any specs, ModuleManager-wise, seems to have changed. Instead, there's a new field "Real Fuels" in the VAB part description, and the thrust is stuck at the value in that field rather than varying procedurally (based on the fuel given, reactors, etc).

Edited by miyuruasuka

I'm the user who reported the problem. I'm fairly sure that the engine pack (Realism Overhaul) did not touch the affected engines. In fact, the affected engines have "(non RO)" displayed over them. Perhaps it's the attaching of the "non RO" label that messed things up?

That bit of text is stuck in there by Realism Overhaul. It won't affect Real Fuels behavior. I have no idea how KSPI would react. (or not react) but I'm skeptical of that being the cause. (I know it won't in the case of RF and doubt that it would affect KSPI but maybe Freethinker has another opinion)

The engines are also not "altered" in the sense that any specs, ModuleManager-wise, seems to have changed. Instead, there's a new field "Real Fuels" in the VAB part description, and the thrust is stuck at the value in that field rather than varying procedurally (based on the fuel given, reactors, etc).

Screenshot of the affected part please? (In the VAB I mean, showing the text you're referring to)

Edited by Starwaster