Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

I decided to dedicate some time from War Thunder grinding to work on the B-24 Liberator a bit.It

The wings are thicker, top turret added (Thanks @pTrevTrevs) aaand the wings have been made rounded, as well as the turret guns. They're tiny little details that add up to change the look of the entire thing.

pBh8Gvr.png

5 hours ago, Columbia said:

I decided to dedicate some time from War Thunder grinding to work on the B-24 Liberator a bit.It

The wings are thicker, top turret added (Thanks @pTrevTrevs) aaand the wings have been made rounded, as well as the turret guns. They're tiny little details that add up to change the look of the entire thing.

I agree, it's the small things that make it even more realistic.

Working on an example for a next version of WW2W and Big Ships. It's called "Base of Excellence created out of nothing from the superiour mind of our Master, the Evil Prince of the south continent of Crapahoola, designer of fjords, writer of godlike symphonies, 128 star admiral by birth, slayer of Krakens and rightful heir to the whole of the Kerbol system."

This little base measures 1.2 x 1.5 km, has it's own port and runway and as you can see it's defenses are "impenetrable". I mean ... that's what he said, stroking his Gandalf-like beard.

The Kelaz is getting a giant dozer plow to load itself with. Very promising so far.

Cauz' of course someone has to clean up all of those failed rocket and spaceplane debris around the KSC.

AaCfBnM.jpg

cx5yU7K.png

tHBGMgb.jpg

Edited by Jon144

Until I can get help from someone knowledgeable in KSP buoyancy and hydrodynamics, I don't think the Gato submarine is going to get finished. In the meantime, I've been entertaining myself (on the occasions where I force myself to play KSP) by starting lots of small projects that i probably won't finish, like wrecking balls, suicide cruise missiles, and these, which I may consider releasing if I can make them look and perform well enough.

Salyut 6 RMJWkWl.png

Looks pretty nice and is only about 80 parts. It's engines are pretty weak and don't have much fuel, to encourage using a Progress to change the station's orbit like the would usually do in real life. Has room for 4 kerbals.

Soyuz-T 5wzmJvg.jpg

Pretty much every part of this design was stolen borrowed from other Soyuz replicas I have seen around the forums. In fact, the only reason I'm making it at all is because I need something to send Kerbals to the station, and it just doesn't look right seeing an Apollo CSM or Orion docked to a 1970s Soviet space station. Yes, it has room for three Kerbals in the Descent Module.

Still working on Progress, Soyuz rocket, and Proton.

This thread truly is glorious. Here is my Havoc Marauder. The reason it's in the WIP thread is because I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to land without (for the most part) altering its look. Maybe I'll just make it a space-only craft, but for now:

cxtZvCu.png

It's pretty bad compared to all of your guys' crafts but I'm just glad it flies straight.

Edited by Snikersnee

19 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Until I can get help from someone knowledgeable in KSP buoyancy and hydrodynamics, I don't think the Gato submarine is going to get finished.

It can be finished and I know a lot of KSP buoyancy and hydrodynamics these days. Just don't expect stock will bring you where you want.

Just now, Azimech said:

It can be finished and I know a lot of KSP buoyancy and hydrodynamics these days. Just don't expect stock will bring you where you want.

I disagree. he wants a sub that will submerge and resurface. Totally doable with stock parts.

Just now, Darnok said:

Tell me please how?

I have never made a sub matey so I do not know. I have seen plenty of working subs here though so do a simple search for them. It uses ore tanks and cargo bays in some way or other.

I present you the latest design from Kersplat Aerospace Industries - the Errow Mk 1:

It's ugly as can be but highly stable and the four point landing gear actually makes it fairly easy to land on nearly any terrain. In fact, when I landed near one of my research stations, I had no idea it had even landed because there was no "bump" as it touched down...

2 hours ago, Majorjim said:

I disagree. he wants a sub that will submerge and resurface. Totally doable with stock parts.

I had the impression he already tried the stock way and wasn't satisfied with the result.

31 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I had the impression he already tried the stock way and wasn't satisfied with the result.

I remember seeing a technique that allowed a submarine to dive without having to use its engines (just like how real subs dive) and resurface without jettisoning ore. That sort of setup would be ideal, but if I can only make it dive and resurface using the engines, I guess I could settle for that.

The biggest problem I'm having is that I can't find a balance where the sub can sit on the surface without the decks being awash and still dive easily (or dive deep enough for the engine exhaust to not be seen from the surface.

I do know that it is going to be very unlikely for me to make a ballast system refined enough for me to pick a specific depth (say, periscope depth) and hold the sub there.

It's coming together! Made a new Dump Truck based on the Kelaz 85 design but has upgraded heavy duty axels and suspension... Even at lower part count!

Only at the cost of having a slightly shorter wheelbase which gives it a far better turning radius. Still has independent turning wheels and this version will come off the factory with it's own plow giving it the ability to load itself. Of course I will release a version without it as well. And a super low part count version. Always 100% stock. HYPE!

pgISfgH.jpg

Bx4sh3r.jpg

Edited by Jon144

Another couple of aircraft inspired by real life, early British stuff this time.

First up - a Gloster Meteor. Has a tendency to nose down so really needs SAS running, but other than that flies nicely.

1FEC801A225A923095C90A171AD3D544E722F120

Next up - de Havilland DH100 Vampire. Really please with this one as its the first plane Ive built that flies pretty much stable, without SAS assistance. Fun to fly, nippy and handles really well.

CB22669FCB69696A9ECAC5DF2C29751AEBDD17B1

48 minutes ago, Jon144 said:

It's coming together! Made a new Dump Truck based on the Kelaz 85 design but has upgraded heavy duty axels and suspension... Even at lower part count!

Only at the cost of having a slightly shorter wheelbase which gives it a far better turning radius. Still has independent turning wheels and this version will come off the factory with it's own plow giving it the ability to load itself. Of course I will release a version without it as well. And a super low part count version. Always 100% stock. HYPE!

pgISfgH.jpg

Bx4sh3r.jpg

I just love seeing these monsters!