That game you couldn't stop playing growing up

plainawesome

It's pretty obvious, unless you were born in the 60's, then there was a video game in your childhood that you could not stop playing, and I MEAN could NOT. Now I would like it if you told us about that special game with the rest of the Kerbal Space Program Community. I'll start by saying that a game I could not stop playing growing up was Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed

Need_for_Speed_-_Porsche_Unleashed_Coverart.png

I also have a video, sorry about my bad driving, it's been a while since I played this game.:D

I loved that game more than I loved Spongebob, that game is the reason why I'm so obsessed with racing games (or any game with a car, really). I shared my favorite game, now you share yours, trust me, you'll love the nostalgia when it comes to you! :wink:

Edited by plainawesome
I added a video.

I with my dad loved playing Jane's Fleet Command:

-Snip-

It is so realistic, immersive, and challenging that the US Navy via it recruits its officers.

-Duxwing

I played a game similar to that, by the same company if i'm not mistaken. '688(i) hunter killer' i believe.

08.jpg

Frontier: Elite 2 was the one game I remember pouring insane amounts of time into.

Street Fighter 2, every game in the Civilization series combined, and Morrowind are probably next on the list.

I was a johnny come lately for my generation; so when everybody had the Playstation one, I was still rocking the Gameboy color. It was when the PS2 came out that I finally had caught up, and really started sinking time into games. So, the "game that I couldn't stop playing growing up" would've had to been Jak, and more specifically: Jak II

Flying cars, hover-boards, and an awesome sense of art direction

jak_ii_haven_city_slums.jpg

Clearly you've denied greatness by not owning this game.

jak2pic3.jpg

And look at those state-of-the art graphics:

EsnRBnk.jpg

LOOK AT THEM!*

*sarcasm

Civilization...which I always considered a massive time sink (until I started playing Eve Online which is even more hardcore in that respect). Also, Duck Hunt on the old Nintendo...but we played that drunk at college when the Wii was already on the market. Good times :sticktongue:

I was with Flight Simulator from the beginning to FSX. Even before that I had an instrument only simulator on my TRS-80. I played a lot of Pong before that (actually the breakout part of it was what I played).

I grew up in the era of Atari 2600 and Colecovision. Zaxxon anyone? After that it was NES (Blades of Steel, SNK baseball, Tecmo bowl, Super Contra, Tetris, Link....). Then came Sega and EA's NHL 9x series. NFS:PU was great (loved that Corsica track), but my all-time time-waster was Starcraft. Long live the Protoss nuke! (hallucinated Arbiter double recall with a bunch of reavers levelled things in a hurry)

Lately Civ4 kept me busy for awhile but KSP takes the cake now.

I spent about two years and two full summer holidays exploring Morrowind :)

Tramping up and down the beautiful island of Vvardenfell and eventually Solstheim, exploring everything, coming across wonders deep in caves and meeting interesting people. Only occasionally beating them up.

I've never quite been sucked into a world the same way since.

Archodus, I felt the same way about Morrowind, though I was already grown up when it came out. I would be running around on quests, turn a corner, and be stunned into standing still and just staring at the scenery and light effects in that game.

Oh ya, also played Star Wars Galaxies for a year or so until it got nerfed into oblivion. They changed everything around to lure new players (the "New Game Experience) and ended up alienating all the old ones. My Jedi-enhanced master weaponsmith became useless. I hope heads rolled at Sony for that debacle. Ah, they probably got bonuses.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.