[WIP - 0.25] Squad HD Re-texture Project - Continuous Release (July 25)

blackheart612

how the size comparision to original textures at right now? biggest thing for me is if its to big in size compared to stock.

btw they look awsome like all the stuff u seem to put out.

In terms of file size, it's bigger since it's a png (it can be compressed, right?)

If I convert the mbm to png though, and compare it to my texture, it's just a little bit bigger. Really little. Like a hundred, more or less.

In terms of LxW, it's the same by the original so don't worry.

First of all congratulation for the work that you have done, than second: could you tell me how to texturize the stock part?

If you are lazy to search, it's easy, get the mbm to png converter, it's a great tool. Better than editing hex all day long.

The png there is already editable. I just layer them again and again because they are transparent mostly. But if I can't get it to work, I use taniwha's mu importer for blender and import the model to get the uv map and start there.

Personally I'm not too keen on having "Kerbal States" painted on. Everything else looks good though.

I agree, to be honest. It's part of the reason I haven't downloaded NovaPunch yet... Can't it have KSP or KASA or something on, like the KW tanks? Truth be told, "Kerbal States" is more NP than KW. Just my two cents. Still loving the work so far though.

Yeah well, I wasn't a fan of that too, honestly, I had a back up of the pod without it, I just thought it would be a little more mercury-like like that, also a little bit more plain. I'm gonna remove it cause I don't like it there anyway. :)

Edit: It was FASA with Kerbal States on pod like that.

Edited by blackheart612

How come the mercury-ish pod looks so much better than the apollo-ish pod? Those horizontal lines are really jittery.

Also remember: It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty texture. Will you do it for everything? Even for something simple like the decoupler the subtle shading can make a lot of difference in my opinion.

Also that fan work is quite nice. Do you know where I can learn to touch up screenshots like that?

I bake AOs on all models, the Mk2 Pod will have a rework on the white texture, others are fine though. That hasn't undergone baking yet but pods don't have that much dramatic shading to see so it almost doesn't make a difference. BTW, that Decoupler already has AOs.

I draw things on photoshop from scratch, I didn't simply gave em some finishing touches from the screenshot, I made things such as smoke, ice falling off, etc. Also tweaked the lighting, makes it a lot cooler and realistic, I guess.

Engine will be done as soonTM as I can, basically, I get distracted a lot. Such as that decoupler for example.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.