Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

I dont know if it is just me or not but when i am using the oms engines my shuttle pitches up a fair amount. I am using the right and left oms engines in their proper places and have even tried using the straight oms engine with gimbal tweaking to try to achieve balance. Anyone else have this problem/know a fix?

A few pages back somebody posted some config for OMS. Try it.

Those changes worked however the stock trim did not. For those interested here is the sweet spot settings.

OMS Right

X-Trim 14

Y-Trim -5

OMS Left

X-Trim -14

Y-Trim -5

After a lot of testing this seems to be the sweet spot. Depending on payload sometimes an additional reaction control in-front of the engine mount (rear of cargo bay) definitely helps with control of the vehicle on OMS burn. As there is a reaction wheel in the engine mount for some reason i cant control the settings properly on it or maybe im just doing it wrong. For those reading this remember it does require KM_gimble for this to work properly. For those using mechjeb this plugin (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60933-Optional-MechJeb-Modules-for-FAR-NEAR-km_Gimbal-%28Oct-19%29) is extremely helpful with accent control. Using this plugin with the "force roll" setting accent really helps. Also for re-entry i recommend dumping any remaining fuel under 400 for a smooth landing.

I hope all this helps.

Btw first testing in Unity and KSP : svGXn8hl.jpg

But I will create within next few hours a long thread in Modeling and Texturing thread with my questions for Unity. :huh:

Edited by Jovzin

Thanks, it's okay. I wanted to use the craft files just to make sure everything is in the right place. If you want, you can put it up just so I can remember how to build it. Thanks!

I am uploading a How to build the CSS video now. I will post the link here when its done.

edit:

here is a link to my channel, it will be there in about 2 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/user/strikeeagle345

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Cool, does the robot arm actually work? It just gives me null errors and the guy who runs the lazor mod never got back to me about it.

From what I understand infernal robotics is making a robotic arm

Some guy called "Dolin" made it... He hasen't even been on the forums since May...

Also if you want I could make the proper fuels for the OMS engine with a MM file?

Could someone help me, the gimballing of my engines won't work. It also does'nt give me the option to lock gimballing or unlock it, i've only had the CSS required mods installed and the version I'm using is .25. I hope someone has got a fix or knows what's wrong.

Could someone help me, the gimballing of my engines won't work. It also does'nt give me the option to lock gimballing or unlock it, i've only had the CSS required mods installed and the version I'm using is .25. I hope someone has got a fix or knows what's wrong.

Are you talking about the main engines or the OMS engines? If it's the OMS engines, make sure you use the straight OMS engines instead of the right and left specific ones. Those two have had their gimbals disabled in the config.