Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

Are you talking about the main engines or the OMS engines? If it's the OMS engines, make sure you use the straight OMS engines instead of the right and left specific ones. Those two have had their gimbals disabled in the config.

I'm talking about the main engines.

Could someone help me, the gimballing of my engines won't work. It also does'nt give me the option to lock gimballing or unlock it, i've only had the CSS required mods installed and the version I'm using is .25. I hope someone has got a fix or knows what's wrong.

I assume you are the one that asked on my channel?

Hi, DTobi KM_Gimbal link is dead... Could someone pass me the links strictly necessary for the correct functionality of CSS ?

KM_Gimbal: Link for the last version ???

Engine Thrust Controller by HoneyFox: Check

Firespitter: (perhaps , is that really necessary?)

Some other plugin strictly necessary? My machine is modest , so the lower the amount of files loaded , the better. Game version 0.25. Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english! :)

Hi, DTobi KM_Gimbal link is dead... Could someone pass me the links strictly necessary for the correct functionality of CSS ?

KM_Gimbal: Link for the last version ???

Engine Thrust Controller by HoneyFox: Check

Firespitter: (perhaps , is that really necessary?)

Some other plugin strictly necessary? My machine is modest , so the lower the amount of files loaded , the better. Game version 0.25. Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english! :)

If something is requirement, it's requirement. Here's mod with KM_Gimbal: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985-0-24-2-DISCONTINUED-27-July-Space-Shuttle-Engines

Since the gimbal plugin is dead (and thus unlikely to update), the next version will redistribute it. That said, I'll need to finish some other stuff before I start working on it.

If something is requirement, it's requirement. Here's mod with KM_Gimbal: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985-0-24-2-DISCONTINUED-27-July-Space-Shuttle-Engines
If you read this whole thread as I know that some of the said requirements as necessary are actually NOT needed most to version 0.25. But no problem, I'll get to testing satisfactorily. This link sends you went to the topic of DTobi where donwload the GM_Kimbal is dead. But I got the latest version of the B9 package, then it is already solved. https://bitbucket.org/Taverius/b9-aerospace/src/b02f0f60ac87fd7a0922f2768f5853260a8c9ce2/GameData/Klockheed_Martian/Plugins/km_Gimbal_2.0.dll?at=master
Since the gimbal plugin is dead (and thus unlikely to update), the next version will redistribute it. That said, I'll need to finish some other stuff before I start working on it.
No problems, everything in its time. Thank you. :wink:

You know something that wouldn be really cool for the future. The only reason is raidernicks probes got me thinking. Is a space lab module asset possible for the future. I mean it would obviously be up to you guys but it would be a really cool. Obviously getting the shuttle working properly is more important. Just something to think about for the future.

You know something that wouldn be really cool for the future. The only reason is raidernicks probes got me thinking. Is a space lab module asset possible for the future. I mean it would obviously be up to you guys but it would be a really cool. Obviously getting the shuttle working properly is more important. Just something to think about for the future.

I would love that. And the support structures for certain payloads would be cool too. I've always felt shuttle bays to be too empty in the game, they need racks for satellite loads and the like

So are there any modelers on this team? What needs to be done as far as modeling? Please list by priority. I am a modeler and am taking a break from ARMA 3, I may be interested in helping. I was reading in the threads a couple of pages back something about redoing the shuttle? I still have The MLP-RSS model but the scale is very big and would be somewhat frustrating to the average user inside the VAB so I was thinking about scaling the shuttle down to about 3/4 of its size now along with the MLP-RSS to match. Dragon01 is handling the .cfg files is that correct?

So are there any modelers on this team? What needs to be done as far as modeling? Please list by priority. I am a modeler and am taking a break from ARMA 3, I may be interested in helping. I was reading in the threads a couple of pages back something about redoing the shuttle? I still have The MLP-RSS model but the scale is very big and would be somewhat frustrating to the average user inside the VAB so I was thinking about scaling the shuttle down to about 3/4 of its size now along with the MLP-RSS to match. Dragon01 is handling the .cfg files is that correct?

The Shuttle is scaled down to 64%, like most realistic rocket packs out there. Yes, I'm still doing the configs, Jovzin is doing the modeling. He's currently redoing the Shuttle itself, you could take a shot at remodeling the solid boosters and/or the external tank, if you want. Or you could model Shuttle payloads like Spacelab, Spacehab, PAM-D launch cradles... Raidernick is currently doing the Inertial Upper Stage, BTW, so there's no need for that.

But if you really want a challenge, I've got an ISS-related project instead - remaking the entire Integrated Truss Structure. Check out this thread, or PM me, if you're interested: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24728-International-construction-ISS-in-Kerbal-orbit

I am not interested in doing payloads. Im interested in realism and getting the CSS to function and fly correctly. This IMO should be THE priority as most users of this mod have mentioned. This was my goal as well. The scale issue can be seen in this video I made to illustrate my point that the scale of the shuttle in proportion to the MLP-RSS needs to be scaled down a bit in order for the average user to position the MLP_RSS inside the VAB. Its just to big!

No, I don't do "artistic license". It's a Shuttle mod, the thing was even bigger IRL. You won't have to use the platform.

I am not interested in doing payloads. Im interested in realism and getting the CSS to function and fly correctly. This IMO should be THE priority as most users of this mod have mentioned. This was my goal as well. The scale issue can be seen in this video I made to illustrate my point that the scale of the shuttle in proportion to the MLP-RSS needs to be scaled down a bit in order for the average user to position the MLP_RSS inside the VAB. Its just to big!

The size is fine. I can't make the Shuttle any smaller, it'll have to be that way. It's not completely necessary, if someone doesn't like the size, he can skip it. I will include it into the mod if you finish it.

Aside from that, consider the SRBs and ET. Especially the former could use a high-detail rework, with separation motors and decouplers properly modeled. The latter's model is mostly fine, but the UV is rather bad and textures aren't the best, so you might want to remodel it, too.

The MLP_RSS is just proof of concept. Not worried about UV's and Textures right now as functionality was priority. But I do have a whole shuttle, ET,and Boosters to go with it. Right now I am working on sounds and particle effects for the Pad then will move onto Texturing and whatnot. Texturing is not my strong side so there will be a bit of a learning curve there for me but I will get it sooner or later

Me too! I don't use KSO precisely the size reduced charge and his hunger for ram. Current scale in CSS is great! What I miss about CSS is just a better packaging of the mod, the lowest amount of dependencies as possible, correcting small problems, rearrangement of the tech tree and adjust the descriptions of the parts. Aesthetics in my opinion is the least of the problems.

Well, looking forward to the WIPs. If you're modeling the orbiter, then PM me when you get to the stage where you divide the model into parts. It needs to be split in a certain way in order to function properly.

I would like to see comparable memory usage as the Buran. I mean of course making it look good is important but a wide array of people being able to use would be nice too. So if you could keep the memory usage down that would be great. I mean what's the point of having the shuttle if you don't have enough memory left for payloads.

no Jovzin I am not working on the shuttle. I have one but I dont plan on doing anything with it at this point. I am going to finish the pad

The ET is ok but the Srbs are really bad and need some attebtion. From the fx, the shape, the decouplers, it's all wrong. So if you are willing new srb models would be fantastic.