[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

Here is my output_log that corresponds with the video link below,  let me know if you guys find anything wierd in there. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FMpKuzGNeGT09iQmFpaDh2TmM/view

If you watch the above video, also please let me know if I am even using the AGX properly in flight. There isnt a very detailed HOW-To for this tool and I am more than willing to make a video if some one can type up a detailed break-down... 
Thx

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2016 at 11:47 PM, Chachi123 said:

Here is my output_log that corresponds with the video link below,  let me know if you guys find anything wierd in there. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FMpKuzGNeGT09iQmFpaDh2TmM/view

If you watch the above video, also please let me know if I am even using the AGX properly in flight. There isnt a very detailed HOW-To for this tool and I am more than willing to make a video if some one can type up a detailed break-down... 
Thx

Don't know if you have to do this, but if you see that "Toggle:No" button, have you clicked on it to change it to "Toggle:Yes"?  It may or may not work for you.  I think I don't have this issue with my AGX install, but I'll check anyway.

Meanwhile, I do have a funny issue with docked ships.  I have AGX with Realism Overhaul and RSS.  With my two ships docked in my Voyage recreation, I had an issue with both sub-ship's action groups activating when I clicked on an action group, regardless whichever one was set to main.  For example, clicking the third action group fired both action groups in slot 3 for both subships.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Diazo said:

I'm kind of alive?

Hoping to update this weekend, but I'm not making any promises.

D.

Nice and no hurry :)
Nobody else mentioned it so I was afraid either the mod was dead or moved to another tread without an reference. 

2 hours ago, Diazo said:

I'm kind of alive?

Hoping to update this weekend, but I'm not making any promises.

D.

Glad to see you're still alive and online Diazo. Without the intent of pushing you: i can't wait for AGex to be upgraded to KSP1.2. only 10 AG is like:  "what? i'm at 10 already? but not even halfway the buttons i want...aaaargh!". iow: i just can't live without your mod :D

17 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Glad to see you're still alive and online Diazo. Without the intent of pushing you: i can't wait for AGex to be upgraded to KSP1.2. only 10 AG is like:  "what? i'm at 10 already? but not even halfway the buttons i want...aaaargh!". iow: i just can't live without your mod :D

Never been close to run out but always forget and it new stuff coming in and new missions has other needs. 
Yes AGE has saved missions for me but that is some time off. 
Anyway, all manned missions outside low orbit is on hold waiting for life support. All planned low orbit missions is adding life support, and KAS,KIS,MJ but that is light stuff. 
Has a long list of launches, plan to burn 14 million credit this weekend :) 

2 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

Having labeled action buttons is also vastly superior to having to remember what numbers go with various actions too. AGE makes things better all around :)

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'm just too used to having this mod.. I played stock for a couple hours last night and the things I immediately missed was Kerbal engineer (how do we not have basic deltav, TWR and simple flight info yet?),  Realchute (stock chutes...shudder), Editor Extensions Redux. I hadn't gotten to missing Action Groups yet as I hadn't unlocked them in game and rarely use action groups in the first couple of hours.

Version 2.1

KSP 1.2 Update

Github Download.

-Recognize new in-game Action Groups Always available option under the custom difficulty settings when starting a new game.

This version makes no other changes, it simply gets the mod working. If the new features (notably the remote links) should have any behavior changes please let me know. I have several other mods to update and will not actually get any play time for a week or two still so won't discover stuff like that myself until then.

This version also does not address any of the issues/comments make in the past few pages of this thread. I just ran out of time, sorry.

Happy KSPing.

D.

(I am talking about the topic of ContractConfigurator/Toolbar issue) Since it seems even without Toolbar installed, this mod is still calling into that buggy Toolbar code, I got a little bit annoyed and just made a patch here (compiled using 2.1 with patched file included, the patch is in the spirit of this).

Edited by FancyMouse

Dear SirDiazo:

thanks for the update! Mucho gusto.

Two things, one which might not be related to this addon at all. It's a little embarrassing, but for the life of me I can't get solar panels to retract with this mod anymore. I think it might be that it takes too long for them to deploy, and the toggle state  in AGExt doesn't flip over. Or something. The only time I got it to work was by mashing the button repeatedly for a good minute straight. Normally, nothing happens when I hit it. As I said, I'm not sure this is specific to AGExt, but PartCommander has no issue, nor do I when doing it via right click context menu. Antennae, which you would think would be similar, don't have the issue. I can try to make a video or do screen shots for what the setup looks like, if you'd like, but it's a pretty minor issue.

More importantly, and you'll remember this one, I'm sure: I'm still getting the "EVAing a kerbal acts as docking a vessel and clears the action bar" bug. I have been all along, ever since I mentioned it, but figured it was just a me specific issue (which it probably is still). However, I am now on Windows, the land of supposed milk and honey(:rolleyes:) and KSP 1.2, and I still get the same old bug. KSP has been installed fresh, along with my mods, many times over. Last we talked about this, we/I decided it was a mod conflict. I don't play with many of the same mods any more (RIP), but there is still a fair degree of overlap. I will add of note that EVAing the kerbal a second time restores the issue as well, and is often faster than navigating through the menu and clicking "next docked vessel".

As always, I know you're busy, but say the word and I'll throw some logs or even a video at you, highlighting the issue (incase you can't repro).

@Deimos Rast Bleh, really?

At the very least, can you get me a copy of your output_log.txt? That will be a start.

It will be Saturday at the earliest before I get back on my KSP computer to try and replicate, but I can look at the log on the mobile and see if I spot anything.

D.

On 10/27/2016 at 3:44 PM, Diazo said:

@Deimos Rast Bleh, really?

At the very least, can you get me a copy of your output_log.txt? That will be a start.

It will be Saturday at the earliest before I get back on my KSP computer to try and replicate, but I can look at the log on the mobile and see if I spot anything.

D.

sorry for the late response. I knew this would happen as soon as I mentioned it, but...now I can't reproduce the issue. I've tried since I last posted, to no avail. I'll keep at it, but don't hold your breath.

It's possible I uninstalled the offending mod on accident, or added in another mod (such as Toolbar), that caused things to start working again.

Solar panels are still being a bit weird.

Also, for your consideration, since I'm here: you already have a bypass RemoteTech feature. What about "bypass CommNet" ? I ask not so much for the sake of cheating, although that's definitely applicable, but because there have been times when AGExt doesn't work due to "limited pilot ability/control", whereas clicking on the very same item I want to use and activating it manually, will work fine. That might be a design choice, but it seems a little artificial to me, and I'd like to bypass it on the rare occasions it comes up.

Cheers.

Bypass Comnet? I haven't looked at that system at all.

Currently, AGX is supposed to mimic the stock action groups.

-Do the stock action groups and AGX behave the same under "limited pilot ability/control"?

-Should AGX behave differently then the stock action groups?

D.

7 hours ago, Diazo said:

-Do the stock action groups and AGX behave the same under "limited pilot ability/control"?

D.

The one big flaw in stock action groups needs to be removed: linking action group availability with building upgrades in career.

Action groups are a user interface convenience to ease access to right-click menus with some player ship design planning.  During critical flight sequence they are essential.  That Squad linked that to career progress is mind-boggling.  Even players who forego engineering mods and delta-V for rocket design still use action groups.

@Diazo, you've included an option to disable that in the past.  When I couldn't use your mod, I looked at making a mod just to do that one thing.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find enough good information to make my own mod.

Edited by Jacke

On 10/29/2016 at 5:02 PM, Diazo said:

D.

The last question is probably the answer: no. But you do have the precedent of "Bypass RemoteTech" which is why I asked.

Finally got a log for you. The EVAing happens right at the end. Paused it immediately when it happened.

Enjoy.

19 hours ago, Jacke said:

The one big flaw in stock action groups needs to be removed: linking action group availability with building upgrades in career.

Action groups are a user interface convenience to ease access to right-click menus with some player ship design planning.  During critical flight sequence they are essential.  That Squad linked that to career progress is mind-boggling.  Even players who forego engineering mods and delta-V for rocket design still use action groups.

@Diazo, you've included an option to disable that in the past.  When I couldn't use your mod, I looked at making a mod just to do that one thing.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find enough good information to make my own mod.

Stock adds the option to do just that now, which AGExt respects. Just go into Options when you create a new game, maybe in Advanced Options. There should be a "ActionGroups Always Available" toggle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.