[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

On 9/9/2016 at 3:53 AM, hipy said:

Hey, I'm trying to launch a tiny sattelite on an Atlas V411 but for some reason it keeps spinning out of control. No matter how hard I try it always flips over eventually. It's a lot of work flying it in the first place since it does not stay on course at all. I got the OSFairings mod. Anything i'm doing wrong? I tried with RCS, adding multiple SAS units but its always the same problem. The flipping occurs both with the booster attached and after I staged it. I didn't fly all the versions but the 421 and 551 worked fine. I'm using the smallest fairing for the 4 series

Edit: I switched to the longest fairings and the rocket did not flip. Smallest fairings are the cause I think

i completely agree with @hipy and what he said is true... Even, you know, Mechjeb couldn't handle this thing... Though @Kartoffelkuchen said-

On 9/9/2016 at 11:35 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@hipy I wasn't able to reproduce your issue, but maybe it's fixed now with this update. Otherwise, it might require some training to get an Atlas V 411 properly into orbit, it likes to rotate and move away from prograde vector while the SRB is burning.

but, its rotating and moving far away from prograde vector (like is rotating and rotating till the rocket breaks or crashes on the ground!). Even mechjeb also finds it hard to control and it flips the craft upside down!

Luckily 421 and 551 worked for me (i thought at last god blessed me hehe... :cool:)

SpaceX Pack Version 3.0 released

• New landing leg model & texture
  • Improved "burned" textures for Falcon 9 FT
  • Added Center Pusher to F9 FT interstage and changed inside of it to white instead of black
  • Fixed missing texture for FH decoupler
  • New texture for ASDS (includes texture switch: Of Course I Still Love You & Just Read The Instructions)
  • Some small bug fixes

CUj0FYY.png

http://imgur.com/a/oPiFw

Download

I'll try to update this more often in the next time, adding new compatible mods and reworking some stuff. :)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

2 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

• Added Center Pusher to F9 FT interstage and changed inside of it to white instead of black
  • New texture for ASDS (includes texture switch: Of Course I Still Love You & Just Read The Instructions)
  • Some small bug fixes

Awesome! Thanks for your work! Btw, how did you manage to land on LZ-1 in the album? 

28 minutes ago, BananaTime101 said:

Awesome! Thanks for your work! Btw, how did you manage to land on LZ-1 in the album? 

Thanks for your appreciation! :)

How? You mean trajectory wise? Well I've got some experience with RTLS now and can get pretty close to the actual target, like within 5km, but I always do a quicksave before the reentry burn, and I often am too far off-target so I just reload the quicksave and adjust my profile during the burn a little. I'd recommend you to install Trajectories if you got problems with that, it's really helpful.

Or, do you mean "how I actually landed on it because when I try to land the stage always slips away on it"? The slippy sloppy thing is not that bad actually, I do understand and know the legs don't work perfectly and cause some slip, but it's not that bad as it seems from some people's posts. I mean, of course you need to kill your horizontal velocity as much as possible, and account for the sideways force caused by the gimbal, best if you actually already include some margin due to horizontal velocity caused by gimballing right at the start of your burn (midway in your burn if you do single engine landing), but if you touchdown with 2m/s of horizontal velocity or less, it might take a second but you should stop right in time. Another tip here, you shouldn't use SAS' retrograde mode, it might work if you go fast, but once you're very close to land it starts wobbling around and that can really throw you off-target.

I fell off the ASDS once, but that really was more because the margin was extremely tight (~150u fuel, probably even less) and I was too far away from the center of the landing platform and I really touched down with high horizontal velocity. Kinda like CRS-5, just with a touchdown and then explody things happening. Maybe this helps? :D

1 hour ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Thanks for your appreciation! :)

How? You mean trajectory wise? Well I've got some experience with RTLS now and can get pretty close to the actual target, like within 5km, but I always do a quicksave before the reentry burn, and I often am too far off-target so I just reload the quicksave and adjust my profile during the burn a little. I'd recommend you to install Trajectories if you got problems with that, it's really helpful.

Or, do you mean "how I actually landed on it because when I try to land the stage always slips away on it"? The slippy sloppy thing is not that bad actually, I do understand and know the legs don't work perfectly and cause some slip, but it's not that bad as it seems from some people's posts. I mean, of course you need to kill your horizontal velocity as much as possible, and account for the sideways force caused by the gimbal, best if you actually already include some margin due to horizontal velocity caused by gimballing right at the start of your burn (midway in your burn if you do single engine landing), but if you touchdown with 2m/s of horizontal velocity or less, it might take a second but you should stop right in time. Another tip here, you shouldn't use SAS' retrograde mode, it might work if you go fast, but once you're very close to land it starts wobbling around and that can really throw you off-target.

I fell off the ASDS once, but that really was more because the margin was extremely tight (~150u fuel, probably even less) and I was too far away from the center of the landing platform and I really touched down with high horizontal velocity. Kinda like CRS-5, just with a touchdown and then explody things happening. Maybe this helps? :D

I meant the first one but thanks for the explanation. I'll take it in to account! :D 

Hey @Kartoffelkuchen! I had a question for you regarding the LZ-1 platform. I don't know if this has been asked/posted/brought up before but I've made a config for the LZ-1 model you have in the SpaceX pack that gives it compatibility with Kerbal Konstructs. I was wondering if you'd be willing to have a spinoff pack (either maintained by you or myself if you wouldn't want to) that includes the landing pad as a static object for Kerbal Konstructs, or even just including a config in the SpaceX pack for compatibility if someone wants it. All credit for the texturing and modeling is given to your of course, just curious as to what your thoughts are on this, thanks!

Any chance of you taking ownership of the old Laztec SpaceX mod??? The owner hasn't been on the forum for a long time, & people would love to see the mod continued, plus it would work brilliantly with your SpaceX launchers pack.

@Nhawks17 Cool! I think the best idea would be if you could send me a finished MM-patch which I can integrate then (credits go to you of course! :wink: ) into this mod, cause I don't really see a point in splitting the pack up even further. :)

@KSPNerd Honestly: Why should I do that? It's outdated (not only KSP-wise but also Falcon wise), it's unbalanced (-> overpowered) and the license chosen does not permit redistributing as far as I remember. Ok, he's got both Dragons, but I am right now working on the Cargo Dragon's texture and will also add the Dragon 2 once I'm done with the Dragon Cargo. 

The BFR/MCT assets are terribly outdated and are based on nothing more than maybe a couple of leaked Information maybe, assumptions and imagination. 

I will work on the Mars infrastructure myself once the big announcement has been made. 

So yeah, tell me again why I should do that. 

Fair enough, I didn't know it was overpowered, seeing as I was too late to play with it. In addition, isn't there just a bit of fun in seeing how the reusability might have been?? You know what else would be cool??? Falcon 1e & Falcon 5. Just making a suggestion, I understand how hard it might be to implement these. (I'm a budding mod-maker myself) Sorry if I bothered you.

4 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

• Some small bug fixes

CUj0FYY.png

http://imgur.com/a/oPiFw

Download

I'll try to update this more often in the next time, adding new compatible mods and reworking some stuff. :)

Thanks @Kartoffelkuchen for this update! But another suggestion, and if you put on Spacedock.info all of the necessary mods already in the folder, instead of us found these Mods and install  All of then? And put on CKAN?

Edited by Giuliano

4 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@Nhawks17 Cool! I think the best idea would be if you could send me a finished MM-patch which I can integrate then (credits go to you of course! :wink: ) into this mod, cause I don't really see a point in splitting the pack up even further. :)

You got it! I'm going to do some final testing to make sure it's working correctly and then I'll send it to you :D 

@Tristonwilson12 you didn't actually create a MM config for it though did you? I can't seem to find anything saying KK supports MM patches, the config file needs to be in the directory with the texture and model? @Kartoffelkuchen would you be okay with it being in the directory? From my own testing it doesn't have any negative effects on the mod when KerbalKonstructs isn't installed and it is in there.

Just wanted to say. I was looking for 3d spacecraft models to make an amateur animation using, I found some brilliant ones including some ULA & SpaceX rockets/engines made by someone called 'Kartoffelkuchen'. Might you know him?

Finally got around to trying out the new SpaceX pack and I love the new legs :). Was busy finishing up some RSS SLS configs (still not completely done but neither is the real thing :P). I'll start into updating the SpaceX RSS configs, getting values closer to correct and making the rocket a bit more user friendly. It's a nightmare in the VAB if you don't know what you're doing with my configs.

Really looking forward to that ULA pack, especially now that LiquidHype's pack retired :(

8 hours ago, ReventonHawx said:

Finally got around to trying out the new SpaceX pack and I love the new legs :). Was busy finishing up some RSS SLS configs (still not completely done but neither is the real thing :P). I'll start into updating the SpaceX RSS configs, getting values closer to correct and making the rocket a bit more user friendly. It's a nightmare in the VAB if you don't know what you're doing with my configs.

Really looking forward to that ULA pack, especially now that LiquidHype's pack retired :(

Thanks great to hear! :) Super, thank you! Yeah, that liquidhype is gone is really sad. :(

2 hours ago, mark7 said:

It might be a stupid question since I have been away for a while, but how is the Dragon thing coming around? Also where can I find the official ULA pack? Thank you.

I've teamed up with @RaendyLeBeau he's made a fantastic Dragon, he's taking a break from modding right now, so I will texture his model and we agreed on publishing it here in the SpaceX Pack. I'm deep into UV unwrapping it, I'm not completely happy with it and I'll probably revise it 1 or 2 times again, but it's progressing. ULA pack is done, but not released yet, we're in talks with ULA right now but ... no, I can't say the word, s*** :P

11 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Here's the Kerbal Konstructs config @Kartoffelkuchen, there isn't MM support from what I can find so it has to go in the /SpaceX_LandingZone1 directory so it can read the model and texture for the part.

OK thank you, though where's the config..:? :P

5 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I've teamed up with @RaendyLeBeau he's made a fantastic Dragon, he's taking a break from modding right now, so I will texture his model and we agreed on publishing it here in the SpaceX Pack. I'm deep into UV unwrapping it, I'm not completely happy with it and I'll probably revise it 1 or 2 times again, but it's progressing. ULA pack is done, but not released yet, we're in talks with ULA right now but ... no, I can't say the word, s*** :P

Can i know what's in the pack? 

*PS: Never mind, it might going to ruin the element of surprise ^_^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.