[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

Hello Beale

So <Insert tail of woe that ends with me starting over on a new computer and a fresh Kerbal Install.>

After thinking hard to figure out what mods I was using. (Damn hard I was using some 30 of them.) I had a easy time remembering Tantares and Tantares LV since they are just about the most obvious mods in the world. (About 30 seconds into a stock game and I was missing this mod.)

So downloaded both and installed them and encountered yet more woe.

Way back on page 405 of this thread I had submitted fixes for Station Science. (Which I just realized I haven't re-installed yet.  Dammit.)  The existing configs were not fixed.  So I had to google foo that crap and find it here again.  If you intend this mod to work with station science you should be aware the stock configs don't work, I would recommend my fixes on that page be made stock.

And yet more woe...

The Soyuz launcher doesn't have the radial decouplers anymore.  Since the Korolev Mess bug was fixed you removed it, the problem for me is the stock ones are really ugly and also even more ugly and finally they are exceptionally ugly.  This wasn't a problem on my other computer since I just copied them from the older version on TantaresLV.  Only I don't have an older version TantaresLV on this computer.  If you don't intend to add this back into the mod, would you or someone else have a link to an older version?

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, Leszek said:

Hello Beale

So <Insert tail of woe that ends with me starting over on a new computer and a fresh Kerbal Install.>

After thinking hard to figure out what mods I was using. (Damn hard I was using some 30 of them.) I had a easy time remembering Tantares and Tantares LV since they are just about the most obvious mods in the world. (About 30 seconds into a stock game and I was missing this mod.)

So downloaded both and installed them and encountered yet more woe.

Way back on page 405 of this thread I had submitted fixes for Station Science. (Which I just realized I haven't re-installed yet.  Dammit.)  The existing configs were not fixed.  So I had to google foo that crap and find it here again.  If you intend this mod to work with station science you should be aware the stock configs don't work, I would recommend my fixes on that page be made stock.

And yet more woe...

The Soyuz launcher doesn't have the radial decouplers anymore.  Since the Korolev Mess bug was fixed you removed it, the problem for me is the stock ones are really ugly and also even more ugly and finally they are exceptionally ugly.  This wasn't a problem on my other computer since I just copied them from the older version on TantaresLV.  Only I don't have an older version TantaresLV on this computer.  If you don't intend to add this back into the mod, would you or someone else have a link to an older version?

Thanks.

Take Contares Mod and you become the radial decoupler, the Tucana Pod and many more usefull parts.

5 minutes ago, hraban said:

Take Contares Mod and you become the radial decoupler, the Tucana Pod and many more usefull parts.

It is in the Contares Mod?  Thanks very much for the tip.  Though I am not sure I want to become the decoupler, it sounds a bit too zen for me, instead I only try to realize the truth, there is no decoupler, then you will see that it is not the decoupler that the separates, it is only yourself. :sticktongue:

32 minutes ago, Leszek said:

It is in the Contares Mod?  Thanks very much for the tip.  Though I am not sure I want to become the decoupler, it sounds a bit too zen for me, instead I only try to realize the truth, there is no decoupler, then you will see that it is not the decoupler that the separates, it is only yourself. :sticktongue:

Translation error ...possibly irony and jocking is only accepted in german.

6 hours ago, Beale said:

@XB-70A, Expand the spoiler tags on the first page, under the last one you will find some craft files, but they might be out of date :) 

Thank you Beale, but I already used to try with those links months ago (I should have precised it before...), and they were running pretty well until one of the update make some parts impossible to join together, just like if the top was inverted with the bottom in the parts files. In fact I'm only looking for a Semiorka working on your mod for a low parts good looking light-medium launcher (and also cause I'm a terrible lazy one).

10 hours ago, Beale said:

hanhan, you are really confusing me. What is the problem you are having?

3226d473c4.jpg6b010b296d.jpg7985406b1f.jpg

731a2a23e5.jpg9dd13ba1b2.jpg

fc141bc958.jpg0071aa6395.jpg

Do you know what missing parts mean, i dont know why this would happen, but it happened after i downloaded Realism Overhaul i have sometimes missing parts in other mods, but after reloading it is just fine. I tried all possibilities (Reloading, reinstall the mod and even uninstalling) but there are still missing parts, i can see it on the Craft files contains invalid parts in SANDBOX MODE... Wait, doesnt realism overhaul change the name of many parts?

If yes i dont actually have missing parts, just because the Craft file cant figure out the changed name of the same part!!

12 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

Wait, doesnt realism overhaul change the name of many parts?

That's correct. It changes mods to behave like their real life counterparts, and renames them accordingly. That's why when you try and load a stock craft file, it won't work 

On 23/3/2016 at 11:29 PM, Jeb Jawkins said:

Oh my Godness! That's referring to a model sometimes used by the Stasi in former GDR - stuffed with "technology" to observate lots of citizens. Anyway: a lot of years from that - it fits perfectly to a Udssr-like package :D .

Yeah! I saw it in Stasi Museum in Berlin, a little moving prison lol

Got some black flickering on the hatch of the V-DOS-C "Neck" Crew Block when I zoom out (zoom in on the 2nd picture. I promise it's there). Any ideas?

Edited by MrMeeb

11 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

Got some black flickering on the hatch of the V-DOS-C "Neck" Crew Block when I zoom out (zoom in on the 2nd picture. I promise it's there). Any ideas?

Classic example of zfighting. The mesh under the hatch is still there, and the distance between the coplanar surfaces (base mesh and hatch) gets to small to be stored with the used number format -> rounding errors occur. Can be fixed by remodelling the mesh.

Good find!

It looks like the ambient occlusion layer is bleeding through when you zoome out (It's a Z-indexing, floating point accuracy error)

I can fix this two ways:

• Increase depth of hatch,
  • Edit the texture to plain grey behind where the hatch is. 

Edit: @InsaneDruid beat me to it. Remodelling the mesh is less optimal for me, because the hatch contiguous with the rest of the model will just cause artifacts.
The current hatch is only 0.02m in depth, just an increase to 0.04 will prevent Z-fighting even at much greater distances.

6cf0f71014.jpg

Edited by Beale

Excellent Almaz [?]

On 3/25/2016 at 5:26 PM, hraban said:

On 3/25/2016 at 5:33 PM, Leszek said:

That's Deep. :0.0:

12 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Any chance of a Soyuz-5 first stage?

It caught my attention because it uses metholox instead of kerolox!

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm a fan of the current Soyuz 2.1v, all it'd need is a new engine.

I usually Kerbal together a version of this with the existing R-7 parts and either use a stock engine or a 1.25m single nozzle BDB engine as a replacement for the NK-33. I launch this version in career's before the actual R-7 with boosters. All we would need would be an NK-33 or equivalent ( RD-0162 or RD-0164 ) in Tantares to make it a mod exclusive right?

If you play with Realism Overhaul, you will notice that the Shenzhou orbital module is the only piece of the Shenzhou ship...

Is it or... i have missing parts or i havent just find it, if yes which categorie is the rest of the modules in...

PS, I talking about missing parts in most of the posts because i always felt i have missing parts and maybe true.

2 hours ago, OTmikhail said:

That's Deep. :0.0:

I usually Kerbal together a version of this with the existing R-7 parts and either use a stock engine or a 1.25m single nozzle BDB engine as a replacement for the NK-33. I launch this version in career's before the actual R-7 with boosters. All we would need would be an NK-33 or equivalent ( RD-0162 or RD-0164 ) in Tantares to make it a mod exclusive right?

Basic model of an RD-0162. 1.775m long, 1.25m diameter, ISP 321 (TWR) 356 (VAC), ~500 kN Thrust with LOX/LNG. All datas for stock KSP.

zW6Qc9Y.png