[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

I love and depend on this mod for lots of craft, but the frequent "craft breaking" updates/revamps and especially just completely removing parts are starting to destroy things to the point of having to revert to old versions and remove the parts from the vessel, or just start fresh :/

Edited by StickyScissors

7 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

@Beale

Can you work on Taerobee a bit more? I love the work on Tantares but Taerobee isn't fleshed out much, and hasn't seen an update in a few months. If you need some inspiration, maybe something not seen much, like Robert Goddard's liquid fuelled rocket.

I can't just pick up another mod and start developing it. I have to enjoy it first, inspiration! :wink: 

2 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

I love and depend on this mod for lots of craft, but the frequent "craft breaking" updates/revamps and especially just completely removing parts are starting to destroy things to the point of having to revert to old versions and remove the parts from the vessel, or just start fresh :/

I'm not sure what to say, the last few versions have not been very damaging, revamps have been of the same dimensions to prevent save-breaking.

Even more, the changelog & readme always clearly is listing save-breaking changes, if you don't read them I cannot help. 

Parts have to be changed, resized and dropped from occasion to occasion, otherwise it will just bloat out of control.

thanks, and just so you know, I checked in a fresh install with no other mods to make sure it was just a tantares issue, and yeah, the dishes still wont deploy in the VAB/SPH or in flight.

Great mod, I recommend it to anyone I know who plays ksp.

On 1/1/2016 at 7:13 AM, Beale said:

I can't just pick up another mod and start developing it. I have to enjoy it first, inspiration! :wink:

Ugh, I understand that feeling. Far too often I want to work on something else but I have something 75% done that people are waiting on. It's a struggle.

On 1/1/2016 at 9:44 AM, blacsky33 said:

Hi Beale, happy new year, i know you have a lot to do, but did you plan to make parts for Venera orbiter ? btw ur luna probe is lovely.

There are a lot of Veneras and they're all somewhat different. Personally I would like all of them haha.

Happy New Year Beale! Keep up the great work and do what you want to do buddy! I made a video for you in the Taerobee forum, but I'll share it here too since I think the members might enjoy it and/or get some inspiration.

Looking forward to everything you do in the future!

Hello Beale,
Hello OTRAG friends

I've even allowed a typical application bundle of OTRAG launcher to build. The drive bundle consists of 12 tanks with a length of 24m (For Tantares / Contares corresponds to 12m). Driven by 12 engines burn which nitric acid and kerosene. Due to the conical nozzle of the pulse is quite poor. There is no trust information but you can calculate. I come to ISP 200 on the ground and max ISP 240 in a vacuum. The minimum of 12 is usend to become a minimum diameter of 0.625m.

Once that is completed finetunig there will be the bundle as a separate download. Maybe I'm doing on a separate thread.

030b8MZ.png

On 11.12.2015 at 9:40 AM, hraban said:

Hello CobaltWolf,

the problem is, the inflatable Part of the Habitat has no collider. With the Docking Ports on the sides of the Airlock the collider of the Habitat is blocked. The only way to transfer Kerbals is to reach the collider of the Habitat. Remove the Docking Ports and it works.

With Version 1.6.1 the inflatable Habitat and Lab will be reworked and the inflatable Section has a own collider also comes Habitat and Lab  in 2 Versions. With and without Airlock.

Recommendation: Use until next update the plugin Ship Manifest for crew transfer.

Hi hraban,

sorry my question at this point.
since I am a habitat module design on I'm looking for information about the interaction between habitat and iva access.
(subject to this I have a tread opens)

exactly your post at this point an important fundamental question has now answered me yet. :)

- You could give me in this context (inflatable habitat - create) more to say about it.

perhaps there is indeed a link, (which I have not found until now) - famous' in Kapt.kipart link collection in this forum, I have unfortunately found nothing.
can also answer in my tread (IVA and inflatable habitat -how it works ? )

cheers, raendy

6 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

Hi hraban,

sorry my question at this point.
since I am a habitat module design on I'm looking for information about the interaction between habitat and iva access.
(subject to this I have a tread opens)

exactly your post at this point an important fundamental question has now answered me yet. :)

- You could give me in this context (inflatable habitat - create) more to say about it.

perhaps there is indeed a link, (which I have not found until now) - famous' in Kapt.kipart link collection in this forum, I have unfortunately found nothing.
can also answer in my tread (IVA and inflatable habitat -how it works ? )

cheers, raendy

moved

Hey all,

Just congratulating  the makers of this super mod.

Just assembling my first space station into orbit. (MiR)

Got a questions.

(maybe on wrong part of the site, but isn’t Soyuz TM a 3-person crew?)

Is there a 3 man crew version of tantares CM-TYJ Kheleb?

Playing with these cool ships from KerbalX created by CaptKordite using your mods.

Only Soyuz TM only 2 crew.

(tried something myself, change crew to 3 in your mod files, in VAB the OK but when launching only 2 crew visible)

Anyway great mod,

Best regards,

SAS_Coop

1 hour ago, SAS_Coop said:

(maybe on wrong part of the site, but isn’t Soyuz TM a 3-person crew?)

It's just not possible to fit three Kerbals in a 1.25m pod. 

For three Kerbal capacity, you would probably want HGR (1.875m pod), or some kind of Stock recreation (2.5m Stock pod).

ae514c0383.jpg

9 minutes ago, Beale said:

It's just not possible to fit three Kerbals in a 1.25m pod. 

For three Kerbal capacity, you would probably want HGR (1.875m pod), or some kind of Stock recreation (2.5m Stock pod).

ae514c0383.jpg

You can take Contares Morgenrot :)

2 hours ago, hraban said:

You can take Contares Morgenrot :)

How could I forget! Yes this is also a fine alternative. :) 

16 minutes ago, Horus said:

@Beale, sorry for my laziness and not reading the full thread, but is the last release somewhat messed with textures?

It can't be called laziness to avoid reading hundreds of pages, that is not a fun task :wink: 

Yes, a few many of the Fuji textures will be blurry. I'm currently fixing it... slowly, but stuck developing the fuel tank and Rocket Motor (designs? Ideas? I'm stuck).

Sorry for the trouble, this situation was meant to be a lot more temporary! You can grab the fuji texture from a few versions back, and re-direct inside the configs if the HD textures are essential.

57 minutes ago, Beale said:

Yes, a few many of the Fuji textures will be blurry. I'm currently fixing it... slowly, but stuck developing the fuel tank and Rocket Motor (designs? Ideas? I'm stuck).

Hello Beale,

the old concept of tanks for the Fuji project have pleased me. Downside of the matter is, the fuel in the balloons is not enough. For a sensible use the amount of fuel would have to be doubled. Exactly could be achieved without the module to substantially increase. Include in the gaps still added smaller spherical tanks. So if you had an optical differentiation in Oxidizer and Liquid Fuel.
The RCS adapter must be quietly embellished with RCS fuel tanks. Whether that installs or the collider allowed from sticking RCS tanks ...
The Fuji Project is intended for orbital flights. It is therefore not necessary to provide the heat shield with more than 400 units of the ablator.
In general, the weight of the capsule is very high. Hello! Think about it at lightweight from advanced composites. The part could weigh half.

Almost forgot!

Fuji has capacity for 3 Kerbals. Not? However, it has! Take it out visually half the depth and 2/3 of the diameter of the heat shield to do so.

Edited by hraban

22 hours ago, hraban said:

Hello Beale,

the old concept of tanks for the Fuji project have pleased me. Downside of the matter is, the fuel in the balloons is not enough. For a sensible use the amount of fuel would have to be doubled. Exactly could be achieved without the module to substantially increase. Include in the gaps still added smaller spherical tanks. So if you had an optical differentiation in Oxidizer and Liquid Fuel.
The RCS adapter must be quietly embellished with RCS fuel tanks. Whether that installs or the collider allowed from sticking RCS tanks ...
The Fuji Project is intended for orbital flights. It is therefore not necessary to provide the heat shield with more than 400 units of the ablator.
In general, the weight of the capsule is very high. Hello! Think about it at lightweight from advanced composites. The part could weigh half.

Almost forgot!

Fuji has capacity for 3 Kerbals. Not? However, it has! Take it out visually half the depth and 2/3 of the diameter of the heat shield to do so.

I like the idea of doubling the fuel capacity for the Fuji fuel tank, and possibly having some monoprop tanks built in to the RCS adapter.

And since we are on the subject I think the fuel capacity for the Fregat needs to be doubled or even tripled as well. For it's size compared to other Tantares tanks it could hold more fuel, and I feel like a Fregat Upper Stage should last me longer. The engine itself is fine, having the fuel tank only part allows us to utilize whatever engine we want if we need more power, which is awesome and I hope you continue to have both parts available on future updates. (I happen to like the "Camel" engine just the way it is, but again, needs more fuel)

Just my 2 cents.

On 1/5/2016 at 10:16 PM, Beale said:

How could I forget! Yes this is also a fine alternative. :) 

It can't be called laziness to avoid reading hundreds of pages, that is not a fun task :wink: 

Sorry for the trouble, this situation was meant to be a lot more temporary! You can grab the fuji texture from a few versions back, and re-direct inside the configs if the HD textures are essential.

No sweat, man :) I just thought that I could ruin something with mods here.

1 hour ago, OTmikhail said:

I like the idea of doubling the fuel capacity for the Fuji fuel tank, and possibly having some monoprop tanks built in to the RCS adapter.

And since we are on the subject I think the fuel capacity for the Fregat needs to be doubled or even tripled as well. For it's size compared to other Tantares tanks it could hold more fuel, and I feel like a Fregat Upper Stage should last me longer. The engine itself is fine, having the fuel tank only part allows us to utilize whatever engine we want if we need more power, which is awesome and I hope you continue to have both parts available on future updates. (I happen to like the "Camel" engine just the way it is, but again, needs more fuel)

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry but the Fuel of the Camel engine was absolutly correct and the thrust is to high! For scale the engine makes 5 kN thrust.

Hey guys!
Happy New Year (still okay to say - jupp ;) ) !

Development going well - can't wait for whats coming around here this year.

Just one question: I've been searching the forum but didn't find one yet - has anyone updated the config file for the R7 yet? To keep it from flipping over.

Best Greetings!!

4 minutes ago, Jeb Jawkins said:

Hey guys!
Happy New Year (still okay to say - jupp ;) ) !

Development going well - can't wait for whats coming around here this year.

Just one question: I've been searching the forum but didn't find one yet - has anyone updated the config file for the R7 yet? To keep it from flipping over.

Best Greetings!!

For this you need no configuration changes but vernier thrusters (Otter) and a steeper flight profile.