[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

12 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

Looks good, but I hope that shroud can swing open another 80° or so, otherwise it's gonna get in the way a lot.

Yeah, it would limit the use of the spacecraft only for PMAs-alike docking ports. Anyway the new Dragon looks great, can't wait for the release!

The new Rodan is pretty much done and the updated Falcon 9 is next on the list. I plan on making the first stage engines separate from the engine mount kind of like how @CobaltWolf does his engines. I've got limited time this weekend due to hunting, so I plan to get at least the first stage done by Tuesday.

On 11/3/2016 at 1:57 PM, SilverlightPony said:

Looks good, but I hope that shroud can swing open another 80° or so, otherwise it's gonna get in the way a lot.

12 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

Yeah, it would limit the use of the spacecraft only for PMAs-alike docking ports. Anyway the new Dragon looks great, can't wait for the release!

That is as far the new one will open, with the little circle things. I can't make them further without having them stick out of the pod so that's basically as far as I was able to get it.

10 hours ago, damonvv said:

New photos looks awesome! Can't wait to see it ingame. Will it break the crafts or is this just a redesign?

Probably since they are brand new models and stuff, especially the new Ghidorah 9. I'll put a disclaimer when it comes time to release.

14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh yeah? What season? Good luck! :D I haven't been able to go since I started college.

Deer hunting m8. That's probably what's going to happen to me too once I start college.

Edited by tygoo7

3 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

That is as far the new one will open, with the little circle things. I can't make them further without having them stick out of the pod so that's basically as far as I was able to get it.

This makes me sad.  I'd rather have invisible hinges than have the shroud get in the way while docking.  Very few (none, at present) of my docking targets are narrow enough for the shroud to clear them in that position, so I sadly probably won't be using this version.

1 hour ago, SilverlightPony said:

This makes me sad.  I'd rather have invisible hinges than have the shroud get in the way while docking.  Very few (none, at present) of my docking targets are narrow enough for the shroud to clear them in that position, so I sadly probably won't be using this version.

Well it is closer to the actual design and I wasn't a fan of having a boring cylinder as the hinge. I feel like this change brings more of a design challenge like adding adapters and stuff.

7 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

Just create a new docking adapter, like a pma or something using stock/modded parts.

18 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

Deer hunting m8. That's probably what's going to happen to me too once I start college.

If the beginning of deer-hunting season is a holiday to you, you might be a Michigander.

21 minutes ago, StevieC said:

If the beginning of deer-hunting season is a holiday to you, you might be a Michigander.

That's a lot of states. Pennsylvania used to have a school holiday for opening day, since they knew that nobody would show up. :wink: We didn't have that growing up in Western NY, but they let you hunt on Sundays there unlike in PA soooo

9 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

any release dates for 1.2 known yet?

No date yet, I still have the F9 and cargo revamp to do.

1 hour ago, StevieC said:

Close, but I'm Minnesotan 

50 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

No date yet, I still have the F9 and cargo revamp to do.

Close, but I'm Minnesotan 

Take your time, no point in rushing. The new Merlin mesh looks spot-on.

Btw, my dad just emailed me a pic from the woods. Got a nice 8 this morning with the bow. :)

54 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

is it possible to get new dragon v2 (rodan) and other parts that are almost finished working on?

I might release a beta this weekend.

22 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@tygoo7 can you please work faster? I need you to finish your roadmap so you can work on Orion. Somebody asked for one. In my thread. At some point.

I spent like 6 hours on this, I hope you like it.

1qzkMj.jpg