[1.3.0] Malah's Quick mods [2017.05.31]

Malah

For some reason QuickStart kills the WaypointManager mod. WM Icons are never shown and an NRE spam begins in map and tracking station view. If I go back to the main menu and reload the game - the problem disappears.
I have a minor issue with quickstart again and a minor incompatibly regarding quickcontracts with CustomBarnKit by sarbian.

Regarding quickstart I get this error in my log and it will not quick load this particular save. I was running win64 at the time quickstart was messing up.

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[ProtoVessel] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[ProtoVessel] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at QuickStart.QuickStart.LastProtoVessel (.Game game) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at QuickStart.QuickStart+<QStart>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

So if you want I will reload the save on 32 bit or linux.

The issue with quickcontracts. With CBK I am able to increase the number of contacts able to be accepted even by the lvl 1 building. I have increased it to 6. When I use the shortcuts to accept or decline a contract the number displayed at the top of the list for max contract switches from 6 to stock 2. If I then exit and reenter MC the number is fixed and I can accept contracts again. I don't have this issue if I do not use the shortcut to accept or decline. I will say the mod by Dmagic Capcom that gives a "MC" outside the space center doesn't have this issue resting max accepted contract so check that if needed. Hope that helps! Thanks!

Thanks for these reports, Svm420 can you send me your savegame?

Edited by Malah
grammar

I came to report a problem with QuickStart but I see the guy before me has the same issue. I can't give a save game though because it's a heavily modded and personally customized installation. You'd never get it going.

[EXC 09:09:50.353] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[ConfigNode] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[ConfigNode] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
QuickStart.QuickStart.LastVesselName (.ConfigNode gameNode)
QuickStart.QuickStart.Start ()

I think the last thing I did before this was failing was maybe delete some vessels while on the Tracking Station.

I've encountered a problem with QuickBrake which causes the Vessel to spawn in the middle of nowhere when reverting flights. I have a lot of mods installed so one of them might not like quickbrake (Im trying to figure out which one).

Without really changing much in between, my problem with QuickLoad inexplicably goes away sometimes, and then comes back later. This makes me suspect a race condition in the loading sequence. The error message "not valid due to the current state of the object" has a race condition ring to it as well. Perhaps you just need a coroutine to let the state become valid before using the object.

I've encountered a problem with QuickBrake which causes the Vessel to spawn in the middle of nowhere when reverting flights. I have a lot of mods installed so one of them might not like quickbrake (Im trying to figure out which one).

Hello, can you send me your mod list and your logs, when this error will appear? QuickBrake is a very very small mod, I don't think that it comes from it.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but I seem to take a huge FPS hit when using QuickHide 3.02.

With the menu showing, my fps drops into the teens, but when the menu hides, my fps jumps to 60 with occasional drops to 55.

Removing QuickHide delivers consistent fps. I really love the idea behind QuickHide and hate to have to do without.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but I seem to take a huge FPS hit when using QuickHide 3.02.

With the menu showing, my fps drops into the teens, but when the menu hides, my fps jumps to 60 with occasional drops to 55.

Removing QuickHide delivers consistent fps. I really love the idea behind QuickHide and hate to have to do without.

Yes, other players have noted this too, and sorry but I don't have the time to work on it soon.

Hello, can you send me your mod list and your logs, when this error will appear? QuickBrake is a very very small mod, I don't think that it comes from it.

I'll try to track down the mod that doesn't like QuickBreak and tell you as soon as I find out.

Yes, other players have noted this too, and sorry but I don't have the time to work on it soon.

No worries. I fully understand your time management concerns. If you do ever get it worked, out, I'll be sure to use it.

Otherwise, keep up the great work!

Malah - Just a heads up...parts with "category = none" do not show up when you search for them using Quick Search. This can be seen with KIS eva parts (screwdriver, wrench) and with most of RoverDude's parts in the 31.5 pre-release for his MKS/OKS Kolonization mod. I'm not sure if there is anything that be done as it's also affecting Filter Extensions.

Update - It looks like the problem is with mod authors using "category = none" for their parts. The issue with Filter Extensions was squared away with some code changes (I think) plus some edits to the config files. My understanding is that EVA'ed kerbals and asteroids also have a "category = none" set for them so I'm not sure if there is a clean way for you to work around this.

Update 2 - I can see from your earlier posts you have other obligations so this is just a note for when you have more time.

Edited by Tarheel1999

• 2 weeks later...

A little request for when you have the time...

In QuickScroll, could we have the GUI not pop up on mouse hover? It's getting really annoying having to move my mouse out of the window area to expedite it disappearing whenever I accidentally hover over it while editing my various vessels. I would think that activation of the button would be enough.

First of all thank you for making my craft construction take 30 minutes less because of your great tools.

I gotta add that parts with ''category = none'' often make the quickscroll mod bug, the part list gets stuck to those parts not letting you chose any other category or change page until you change scene.

EDIT: Actually it seems like this bug does not happen without Filter Extensions, so it is either a bug with FE mod or a conflict between FE and Quickscroll

In QuickScroll, could we have the GUI not pop up on mouse hover? It's getting really annoying having to move my mouse out of the window area to expedite it disappearing whenever I accidentally hover over it while editing my various vessels. I would think that activation of the button would be enough.

KSP has always had trouble getting rid of the annoying mouse-hover collide-collapse bugs. Not quite sure why, probably an old bug that was outlooked as not annoying enough and it just got worst as stuff added to the game.

A solution for that is to remove the launcher icon from stock (in the option of QS menu) and download the Toolbar plugin.

Edited by Comatorium420

I've been around since before the toolbar mod even existed. From what I can tell, and I went through the same thing developing the kerbal Foundries GUI (very annoying), is that the code, within the QuickScroll source files, specifically calls for the GUI to pup up when the event associated with the onHover state of the button is reached. So, it's actually not anything whacky about KSP or Unity here, it's deliberate and rather annoying.

So, I attempted to recompile from the source. However, upon launching KSP with my personal recompile, all worked well except the scrolling part. Whenever my mouse was hovering over the part list and moving (what direction didn't matter) it would automatically scroll every scrollable element in the entire part list area as long as the mouse kept moving, no matter what button was pressed. So, for the time being I've gone GUI-less, but I'd rather have the settings available. Not a huge issue, just something for the future.

Edited by Gaalidas

It seems the option to use blizzy's toolbar only also makes the blizzy's button completely useless, so to get the GUI back you have to re-install the mod.

There definitely also is a problem with scrolling getting stuck, at first I thought it was random but it is obvious now that it is just because I was scrolling too fast so the part list would get stuck and need to exit - enter VAB to be set up right again.

It only gets stucks with the left column as the categories in right column just never scroll fast and I always feel like an elderly trying to figure out how to work the scrolling on google.

Anyway, It's not perfect but it is very useful as the stock parts listing mechanics seem to have problems even handling stock parts.

First of all thank you for making my craft construction take 30 minutes less because of your great tools.

I gotta add that parts with ''category = none'' often make the quickscroll mod bug, the part list gets stuck to those parts not letting you chose any other category or change page until you change scene.

EDIT: Actually it seems like this bug does not happen without Filter Extensions, so it is either a bug with FE mod or a conflict between FE and Quickscroll

There definitely also is a problem with scrolling getting stuck, at first I thought it was random but it is obvious now that it is just because I was scrolling too fast so the part list would get stuck and need to exit - enter VAB to be set up right again.

Hello, can you send me your logs for each of these bugs?

I will add an option to disable it ;)

Edited by Malah
grammar

• 1 month later...

hello there!

First, thanks for your work

Second, sadly I have to say that these mods, as awesome as they are, seem to cause me severe performance drop. QuickHide causes the framerate to be basically halved every time the toolbar is not hidden, or any time I bring up some sort of extra UI (like the mechjeb UI). Even QuickScroll and QuickSearch seem to cause performance drop, especially in the VAB but, surprisingly, also during flight

As much as I absolutely love these 3 quickmods, at the end I was forced to do without

hello there!

First, thanks for your work

Second, sadly I have to say that these mods, as awesome as they are, seem to cause me severe performance drop. QuickHide causes the framerate to be basically halved every time the toolbar is not hidden, or any time I bring up some sort of extra UI (like the mechjeb UI). Even QuickScroll and QuickSearch seem to cause performance drop, especially in the VAB but, surprisingly, also during flight

As much as I absolutely love these 3 quickmods, at the end I was forced to do without

Hello, thanks for your report but only QuickHide has performance's drop, it is a known bug and as I have said before, I haven't the time to work on it soon. QuickScroll and QuickSearch aren't loaded in flight, they can't have performance drop in flight...

If you see something wrong, please read this, it's really important : How To Get Support (READ FIRST)

(no log == no bug)

• 2 weeks later...

for quickscroll, when you mouseover an item and the details window shows up, right click opens more details / a list of modules on the part, that list gets a scrollbar if long enough - quickscroll scrolls the catalog and messes up the item moused over even when the mouse is over the detail window - if over the detail window at any spot within it, shouldnt scroll catalog

for quickscroll, when you mouseover an item and the details window shows up, right click opens more details / a list of modules on the part, that list gets a scrollbar if long enough - quickscroll scrolls the catalog and messes up the item moused over even when the mouse is over the detail window - if over the detail window at any spot within it, shouldnt scroll catalog

Thanks for this report, I will work on it as soon as I can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've corrected all bugs found on QuickScroll and QuickSearch, if you see something goes wrong, you can send a bug report (but please send your logs with it).

QuickScroll

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Github

Changelog

v1.32 - 2015.10.14

• New: Added an option to disable the hovering on the Stock Toolbar,
  • Fix: Corrected the position of the scroll of the partlist,
  • Fix: Locked the parts scrolling when the PartToolTips is pinned (we now can scroll the part info).

QuickSearch

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Github

Changelog

v1.14 - 2015.10.14

• Fix: Corrected the part's search function for mods compatibility (part.category == none),
  • Fix: Corrected the invalid character strip to accept this character: ",
  • Fix: Enhanced the position of the search bar to fit with others resolutions,
  • Optional: Added an optional version of QuickSearch with only the search bar (no back/bookmark functions as QuickSearch v0.10).

Thanks! I'm sure I've said it before but QuickScroll is one of those mods that - when I've not got it installed - I wonder what broke in KSP because this obvious stock functionality suddenly stopped working. What do you mean, scroll wheel on the parts list doesn't paginate in stock!?

What do you mean, scroll wheel on the parts list doesn't paginate in stock!?

Hello, I'm not sure if you talk about a bug, if yes, I think it refers to "Fix: Locked the parts scrolling when the PartToolTips is pinned (we now can scroll the part info)." ?

I had never seen this feature on the stock KSP before that anxcon has written a bug report on it with QuickScroll, when your mouse are on a part icon and you will see the part info (the PartToolTips, the window which show all information of a part), if there's too many informations on this window, you can scroll on the part icon to see the hidden information. But with QuickScroll, this feature can't be used, because when you scroll on the part icon it will scroll the part list and not the part info. The only thing I've found for partially keep this feature is to block the scroll part list when the part info is pinned (right click on a part icon).

Edited by Malah

Hello, I'm not sure if you talk about a bug, if yes, I think it refers to "Fix: Locked the parts scrolling when the PartToolTips is pinned (we now can scroll the part info)." ?

Sorry, what I meant was that QuickScroll is so intuitive, natural, and obvious that I'm surprised that it's NOT stock. Whenever I play without QuickScroll, I'm confused for a moment whenever I try to scroll wheel and it doesn't work.

It was a compliment :)