[11/26/15 Update] Say Hello to the Light-Green Group!

Endersmens

Congratulations to Pecan for entering the light-green group!!

To anyone who feels insignificant compared to these guys, I (I have a measly 50 points of rep) did a check and I found I am higher-repped than %99.44165741 of the forums!!

Edited by Ikaneko

Thank you.

I was busy waiting for the tutorial readership to hit 25,000 rather than looking at reputation.

Depressingly few of those 500 points come from giving advice, surprisingly many for making a joke ^^.

You know, while it is an honour, (as far as internet points go,) there's not a lot of practical benefit to having high rep.

What if people with a certain level of rep were allowed a few more images in their signature?

*Hint, hint* *nudge, nudge* :wink::wink:

Edit: Welcome, Pecan!

I like this idea. Perks!

You know, while it is an honour, (as far as internet points go,) there's not a lot of practical benefit to having high rep.

What if people with a certain level of rep were allowed a few more images in their signature?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fheughliots.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F10%2Fnudge-nudge-wink-wink-o.gif&f=1

I support the above statement. I would like to see greater perks given to those who have proved themselves responsible.

It would be handy for modders.

I'm not sure perks are a good idea, it encourages rep exchange for the sake of getting to the threshold where perks become available. Rep is already somewhat questionable as a measure of a poster's worth, if people exchanged what is essentially a free currency to get them to a level where they got some reward it would become a measure of if a poster knows enough others to set up an exchange.

I'm not sure perks are a good idea, it encourages rep exchange for the sake of getting to the threshold where perks become available. Rep is already somewhat questionable as a measure of a poster's worth, if people exchanged what is essentially a free currency to get them to a level where they got some reward it would become a measure of if a poster knows enough others to set up an exchange.

Riiight, that makes sense. You changed my mind.

Edit: Welcome, Pecan!

Colorful usernames?

Larger avatar size? (PLZ!?!?)

Perks, indeed.

In recent news, I've made almost 100 rep points off my Full size space shuttle, proving once again, ships get more rep than mods :P Still seems wrong.

That case is special, I think.

A: You've got a ton of rep, and people like to give rep to people with rep.

B: That is one crazy construction...

In recent news, I've made almost 100 rep points off my Full size space shuttle, proving once again, ships get more rep than mods :P Still seems wrong.

...and I only get ten (so far) for making a nice little flying car? :wink:

I agree though, modders deserve more Reputation than they're often given, as they work really hard to help the community.

I'm not honestly sure when I'll next update the status of the Group. Probably a day or two from now, as I'll have time then. Thanks to Red Iron Crown for giving me a list with all Group members on one page, it'll help.

...oh, and perks for members with enough +Rep seems nice (I, for one, would love more characters for my signature), but we'll have to see... maybe when the Forum updates, if there are more foolproof methods of giving Reputation without spamming or otherwise 'cheating.'

-Upsilon

A very good point. Turning it into something people need to work for could ruin the 'nice gesture', idiosyncratic way it is already. Making stuff for the fun of it will always beat doing it for points, because the internet is a fickle beast.

But I want one more picture so I don't have to give one up ;.;

I agree though, modders deserve more Reputation than they're often given, as they work really hard to help the community.

Well, let's go fix this! Rep a modder time!

Go open the threads of useful, or favorite mods, and rep until you max out.

I suspect this is because mods give gratification outside the forum. You enjoy the results in game, mostly coming to the forum thread for questions, or sometimes suggestions. With cool ships, photos or fanworks, the gratification/impressiveness is right there, and the rep button right there, so you can share your thoughts straight away.

Edited by Tw1

Guys I read that our rep could be reset by the forum upgrade. Has anyone heard about this?

I'm looking for the post now.

I bleeping well hope not, it would set me back to square 1 (I've worked hard for this rep), say nothing of the many people above me in rep terms, who've patiently built up their fortune through hard work.

EDIT: Cap'n Skunky's artificial rep has been removed. Even without it, however, he still has a place in the light green group (and our memories!)

Rep getting reset is speculative at this point (they're still testing the prospective software as I understand it). No need to worry just yet.

yeap, of course that also means infractions might go away too..... :P

EDIT: HOLY JEBEDIAH! I HAVE MORE REP THAN KASPER VLD! That space shuttle really boosted me....

Edited by zekes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.