[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

Alright children take it easy. You both should probably consider reading through your messages before you post.

@ Vaisman: No idea what that thing was but it sure looked interesting :P

@Herra Tohtori: Impressive as always!

Both me and r4m0n have been quite busy lately, but we have a few more things planned. I\'ll try to update the threads regularly once .15 is released and things start to calm down.

What the fuck did I just watch.

@Madmat: I realize English probably isn\'t your first language, so here\'s some pointers. Commas aren\'t inserted several times for emphasis, and neither are exclamation points. Best of luck in your language-learning endeavours!

Some pointers for you: First, a sentence that starts with question words, such as 'What', should end with a question mark. Second, 'pointers' is plural, so it should be 'here are some pointers'. Third, you only use a serial comma before 'and' or 'or' when you are enumerating a list of three or more items.

English isn\'t my first language either. Best of luck in learning your first language.

[mod]Alright people, simmer down now and keep on topic. Don't worry about criticizing other people's post, especially if you cannot do it in a positive way.[/mod]

Back to talking about freakish robotic constructs!

@madmat

This is footage from the Soviet comedy 'Kin-Dza-Dza', a flying piece - 'pepelats.' By the way originally 'gravitsapa' - part of the 'pepelats.'

Sorry google-translate for my english:-D

Hi Mate,

Is there any chance you can shrink the hinge 1/3rd its size and pop it up for download? Its real handy to use in foldable satelites but is too large.

Thanks heaps

btw I tried in blender and it rotates waaaaaay off axis so i gave up

Steve

What currently dictates the size of the robotics parts is unitys ability to interpret small colliders, If I could make a smaller set of parts I would.

The hydraulic cylinder is indeed a bit weird in .15 I\'ll look into that.

bugger..

however if you could try with the hinge that would be great.

Alternativly a 90degree hinge using the landing gear G key would also be fantastic.

Your pack is great and I use it all the time, just size makes my models look odd.

Thanks for updating to 1.5, but I noticed with the spaceplane hanger, when I place an engine on the tilt rotor part, it will mount facing up/forwards. This makes the engine swing to face downwards rather than up while on the runway. I don\'t know if I screwed something up symmetry or if it\'s just the way it faces when horizontal

Couple bugs -

Groups with the same name are folded into each other - this is unintuitive, appending a number on the back would be better.

Groups already in use by other spacecraft show up in the VAB after launches

Restarting flight fails to pop the dialog up for controlling parts