[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

29 minutes ago, Derimshe said:

What is OP?

If you hover over the word "OP" you just typed, you'll see that it explains that OP means original post/poster.

In other words, go to the very first post of this topic and click on the appropriate download link.

Hi. Doe´s anyone know what these three fields under the face texture from male Kerbal heads are for?

I know the left one is the mouth hole. The middle one and the right one are mysterys to me.

Edited by Smarti

is it possible using a plugin (or even just cfg) to tell TR which stock textures replace with wich custom ones, and keeping those custom textures inside my mod folder instead of having to distribute a copy of the TR folder?

Edited by Sigma88

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

is it possible using a plugin (or even just cfg) to tell TR which stock textures replace with wich custom ones, and keeping those custom textures inside my mod folder instead of having to distribute a copy of the TR folder?

Yup, check out the @Default.cfg that ships with TR:

// Additional paths for general texture replacement. Contents of these
// directories are treated as if they were in `TextureReplacer/Default/`.
// Do not forget the final `/` after the last directory.
// The list must be space- and/or comma-separated and in one line.
// Duplicated lists are joined.
paths =

I saw Proot doing this with KSPRC which is how I found out about it. Which actually when I went to check on this to remember the details I found I'm not using his folder path for the textures from KSPRC I have installed! D'oh! So yea I help you out and you helped me out. Good stuff :P (problem was Proot made the mistake of putting his custom config within the TR folder instead of his own KSPRC folder)

Edited by Drew Kerman

Hi, I have a quick question (that I actually joined just to ask). Is TextureReplacer going to get updated to work with the 1.2.9 prerelease, or will you be waiting for the 1.3 official one to come out? I only ask because I notice that it is a bit less stable on the prerelease than it was on 1.2.8, and specifically that it now has a tendency to crash the game when attempting to go EVA. I tested this on a clean install with a new save file and no other mods active, and it still crashes even with reflections off, helmets on, and all default textures for everything.

If playing without TextureReplacer for a while is the price I must pay in exchange for trying out the early prerelease, then so be it, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if you had plans to patch it at any point before 1.3 comes out.

Oh, and thanks for all the hard work that you do to make the game prettier.

PS: Stack trace on the error, if it matters to you at all.

Spoiler

0x100704DB (mono) mono_reflection_type_from_name
0x10070C01 (mono) mono_custom_attrs_construct
0x1007401A (mono) mono_reflection_get_custom_attrs_by_type
0x10034E96 (mono) mono_thread_get_abort_signal
0x07311678 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)
0x073115BF (Mono JIT Code) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesBase (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type)
0x07310F33 (Mono JIT Code) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributes (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)
0x2CA9F441 (Mono JIT Code) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:GetCustomAttributes (System.Type,bool)
0x2CA9F245 (Mono JIT Code) BaseEventList/ReflectedData:.ctor (System.Type)
0x2CA9F0FC (Mono JIT Code) BaseEventList:GetReflectedAttributes (System.Type)
0x2CA9EE8D (Mono JIT Code) BaseEventList:CreateDelegates (object)
0x2CA9EDF1 (Mono JIT Code) BaseEventList:.ctor (Part,PartModule)
0x2CAA8251 (Mono JIT Code) PartModule:ModularSetup ()
0x2CAA7EC3 (Mono JIT Code) PartModule:Awake ()
0x072BE571 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
0x100F1440 (mono) mono_set_defaults
0x1005D7EE (mono) mono_runtime_invoke
0x010DD2DE (KSP) scripting_gchandle_get_target
0x0116200A (KSP) ScriptingArguments::AddString
0x01039C3E (KSP) RenderSettings::GetAmbientProbe
0x0116226C (KSP) ScriptingArguments::AddString
0x010CDF2F (KSP) IClusterRenderer::IClusterRenderer
0x010CE496 (KSP) IClusterRenderer::IClusterRenderer
0x010D0478 (KSP) IClusterRenderer::IClusterRenderer
0x010CE8BC (KSP) IClusterRenderer::IClusterRenderer
0x0117AD82 (KSP) RegisterAllowNameConversionInDerivedTypes
0x0117AF05 (KSP) RegisterAllowNameConversionInDerivedTypes
0x00F3DD9B (KSP) GameObject::SetSelfActive
0x01215DA1 (KSP) Mesh::GetRuntimeMemorySize
0x07311DC1 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive (bool)
0x02943682 (Mono JIT Code) FlightEVA:onGoForEVA ()
0x02942CC0 (Mono JIT Code) FlightEVA:spawnEVA (ProtoCrewMember,Part,UnityEngine.Transform,bool)
0x02942898 (Mono JIT Code) FlightEVA:SpawnEVA (Kerbal)
0x0294252D (Mono JIT Code) KSP.UI.Screens.Flight.KerbalPortrait:ClickEVA ()
0x369B24E4 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall:Invoke (object[])
0x0733C26F (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList:Invoke (object[])
0x0733C018 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase:Invoke (object[])
0x369B24AE (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke ()
0x369B247C (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UI.Button:Press ()
0x369B2420 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UI.Button:OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData)
0x369B23F8 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler,UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData)
0x369B092E (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute<object> (UnityEngine.GameObject,UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData,UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents/EventFunction`1<object>)
0x2CA641B5 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerInputModule/MouseButtonEventData)
0x2CA617F6 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent (int)
0x2CA6177B (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent ()
0x2CA61049 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process ()
0x073889B9 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update ()
0x072BE571 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
0x100F1440 (mono) mono_set_defaults
0x1005D7EE (mono) mono_runtime_invoke
0x010DD307 (KSP) scripting_gchandle_get_target
0x01162212 (KSP) ScriptingArguments::AddString
0x011621E5 (KSP) ScriptingArguments::AddString
0x010CE3FA (KSP) IClusterRenderer::IClusterRenderer
0x010D0038 (KSP) IClusterRenderer::IClusterRenderer
0x0113A7AA (KSP) RectT<int>::Contains
0x011D0EAB (KSP) Append
0x011D360E (KSP) PlayerWinMain
0x015CC8D8 (KSP) RectT<int>::GetBottom
0x015FBD88 (KSP) RectT<int>::GetBottom
0x74D68744 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x771F587D (ntdll) RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

1 minute ago, 53miner53 said:

I'm trying to use this mod, but it doesn't show up in game at all. I saw it load the textures, but it doesn't show up on the toolbar.

Screenshot of mod folder. I didn't want to take the time to type all the mods out.

Are you using the latest release from RangeMachine https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/releases? Also if you could upload your log to Dropbox or Google Drive and post a link to it here that would help a lot with debugging.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Are you using the latest release from RangeMachine https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/releases? Also if you could upload your log to Dropbox or Google Drive and post a link to it here that would help a lot with debugging.

I'm not sure if I'm using the latest version, I'll update it to make sure. I can't check if that works right now though. Edit: it worked. Thanks!

Upload KSP.log, right? Here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0eMT8zRijNma3c3UWNreTdPQVU

Edited by 53miner53

After the following discussion I decided to make some tests and here are the results:

Original Discussion:

Spoiler
45 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Can confirm, just checked my cache file and I see the changes.

@TextureReplacer
{
  @paths = KSPRC/PluginData/ KSPRC/Textures/
  @visorReflectionColour = 0.55 0.40 0.03
}

But @Bit Fiddler you don't have to modify @default with MM - if you just create your own config file TR will overwrite any of its default values with the ones you provide

22 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

when I tried it, the changes were of course applied by MM and the cache file did in fact show them

the problem was that TR seemed to either read the cfg directly from the file or anyways read it before MM had a chance to edit it

just to be on the safe side I'm going to test it right now

20 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

oh! I see what you are saying now. To be honest I never checked if the patch I posted was actually working beyond checking the changes were made via MM

Test:

- I created two folders, GameData/Test/Default1 and GameData/Test/Default2

- I added the following cfg to my GameData folder

TextureReplacer
{
	paths = Test/Default1/
}

@TextureReplacer:HAS[#paths[Test*]]
{
	@paths = Test/Default2/
}

- Inside the folder Default1 I put a completely red texture named "logoFullRed_alt.png"

- Inside the folder Default1 I put a completely green texture named "logoFullRed_alt.png"

- This texture is used in the MainMenu screen and it replaces the KSP logo

Results:

as you can see from this screenshot, the texture chosen by TR is the red one which means that TR is reading the original node and not the one edited by MM

Screenshot%202017-05-18%2010.33.31.png?dl=1

and this is the content of the MM cache, to show that the patch did infact apply correctly

UrlConfig
{
	name = TextureReplacer
	type = TextureReplacer
	parentUrl = /TextureReplacer
	url = /TextureReplacer/TextureReplacer
	TextureReplacer
	{
		paths = Test/Default2/
	}
}

as I explain in the MM thread I think this is very likely done on purpose on TR side and cannot be changed. anyone feel free to correct me if I am mistaken

Edited by Sigma88

Works fine for me I'm quite happy with this mod. Stil searching for a heads pack but everything else is in place.

Is there a way to have the visors in the menu show reflections too?

Thanks for the mod.

cheers

On 08/05/2017 at 5:45 PM, Smarti said:

Hi. Doe´s anyone know what these three fields under the face texture from male Kerbal heads are for?

I know the left one is the mouth hole. The middle one and the right one are mysterys to me.

The left one is the upper mouth, the center (white) are the teeth and the right one is for the tongue.

Unfortunately, while I'm working on an update of the mod, I 've found that they made fix for a ksp bug and this fix applies these 3 part from the default texture. So for now you can't change it .

7 hours ago, maculator said:

Works fine for me I'm quite happy with this mod. Stil searching for a heads pack but everything else is in place.

Is there a way to have the visors in the menu show reflections too?

Thanks for the mod.

cheers

you can't have reflection in the menu (because there is nothing to reflect :) )

14 minutes ago, maculator said:

Makes sense^^

Is there a more up to date list of texture packs somewhere? I really want some kerba heads but the only thing I can find is stil in jpg.

CarnageINC proposed to update the list. I don't know the state of this , I sent him a PM.

To my knowledge, there is no Head pack in .dds except in the Renaissance compilation where you can find heads in .dds + the NRM file for the 4 badasses.

I was asking me the same question and I came at this conclusion : the HD suit mega pack I 'm working on needs also heads..

So be a little patient and you should see something cool "soon"  :cool:.

If you are at the stage of converting stuff..

You can make NormalMap (NRM) file using this online tool NormalMap-Online.

You can use DDS4KSP to convert easily .png to .dds  (choose DXT1 for texture without alpha like head or suit and DXT5 for NormalMap)

It can even convert an entire folder and it reverse the image automatically :)

the names should be :

headName.dds  and headNameNRM.dds

Heads were straight forward just used windows to rotate the 17 heads and some random dds converter to convert them. Files are all in .jpg and there are like 1000 suits, thats what stopped me from doing them. Suits got normal maps also in .jpg. I'll try one example with the converter you linked. Thanks

Edit: "Straight forward" lol I should've also inverted them I guess... Valentina now has her makeup "a bit off".

Edit Edit (I'm impatient with commenting...): DDS4KSP been looking for this yesterday only found sarbians loader via googel. Thank you verry much all this nostalgic feelings, I used to have a shrine in my closet for this little tool back in .90!

Edited by maculator
"Straight forward" lol

3 minutes ago, Nailed it! said:

Is there any way to do NOT add different textures to the Kerbals? (not the suits, the lips of Kerbal women and male moustaches)

Just don't install a pack with Kerbals?